1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

A good cigar.

Discussion in 'DIY Flavours, Mixing, Recipes' started by Gasman, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Ive been requested by the husband of a friend of my wife's for a realistic cigar vape. Now he smoked years ago but gave up and like many others still enjoys a cigar with a drink but that's it.

I have a couple of cigar concentrates that although are acceptable to me taste bugger all like a cigar to my memory.

I've done the Google finger walk and as ever find chalk and cheese opinions on different concentrates.
    His stipulations are no nicotine and a genuine cigar taste. I've explained that vaping isn't smoking and it will never taste identical and of course that taste is subjective but I'd like to help him if possible.

The obvious thing to me is for him to do his own research and let me know but as I'm a vaper and he isn't feel that's a little unhelpful and lazy on my part. Ultimately if I can help him that's one more person vaping even if he isn't a smoker in the conventional sense.

Can I ask if anybody has any suggestions on a decent cigar concentrate or zero mg rtv juice? My personal preference would be a concentrate so if he's not happy perhaps I can manipulate the flavour a bit to suit him.

2. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Tobacco Absolute maybe in a mix.

Other option is smash open a cigar. Steep in PG. And drain.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Gasman likes this.
  3. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Your smash open a cigar scenario did occur to me but I then thought of the pesticides and chemicals discussion of recent times.
    Is there a cigar that you know of that is 'organic' as if I vape it it's my own fault but don't want to introduce him to anything toxic (so to speak).

DogMan likes this.
  4. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Sorry. I don't

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Gasman likes this.
  5. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Thanks Dman.

I was considering a FW cigar called Cubano I think because I enjoyed their Fire cured tobacco concentrate. A little in your face on its own but when mixed worked very well in my opinion.
    Personally I enjoy a Virginia or a recent discovery of French pipe but that's not a cigar. The fire cured certainly had that smokey taste to me so thought their cigar might be something similar to what he's chasing.

A strange request especially as he's not a smoker but I'd like to think that I could convert somebody as I've failed miserably so far!

DogMan likes this.
  6. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Tobacco absolute is not cigar like, it has a grassy note, which no cigar has.
    Smashing a cigar & letting it steep will work but then you have broken the stipulation for no nicotine, because the steeping process will pull out not just the flavor.

I could make a recommendation but then I'd essentially be breaking forum rules :( , PM me if you like :)

Gasman likes this.
  7. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

Which ones?

I thought Vape King's Cuban Cigar was nice, but never tried an actual CC, so unable to compare.

A lot of the time (IMO) the big difference comes down to the fact the cigar/cigarette taste actually tries to replicate the smell of the raw ingredient (the tobacco), rather than the smoke of same. You might try adding some Inawera DNB or some smoky flavour @Charles Vaper was telling me about the other day ..hickory? chicory? (dockery?)

Gasman likes this.
  8. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

TFA's Hickory Smoke. I generally add 1 drop per 15 ml or 20 ml (depending on steep time and other ingredients). It adds a little extra to my woody tobacco mixes; chocolate and coffee are essential too. (I've never made a cigar vape)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    The Vaper and Gasman like this.
  9. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I've just checked my stash and could have sworn I had another cigar concentrate but can only find one from Totally Wicked which was one that I bought in my first foray into DIY ages ago.
    My notes on it say that it tasted nothing like a cigar and went 'chemically ' after a while. I remember thinking it acceptable initially but it went downhill from there. It's one I've often looked at in consideration of mixing with something else to use it up but never have.

I do have a juice from Hiliq but that's useless for him as it includes a forbidden ingredient shall we say.

I can't seem to find the FW one I was looking at last night either. I reckon I'm loosing the plot.
    Slightly off subject but what's with the ban on selling anything with a Caribbean island in its title as mentioned on Vapoureyes site?

10. RC.

RC. Senior Member

The embargo on anything Cuban by the USA has made it very difficult , actually impossible to use PayPal

for anything with Cuba etc in the name. I purchased some Cuban coffee beans from a site within Australia and had my

PayPal account suspended as did the seller. I had to appeal and put up with being ****ed about for some time before they

would allow me to use it again.

Noe likes this.
  11. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I see but I have to say absolutely ridiculous.

I was under the impression that the whole Cuban problem was history now but obviously not.

Thanks for the reply.

12. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

It suddenly occurred to me that Govapes has a cigar juice and as I've enjoyed any tobacco that I've had from them (especially French Pipe) theirs might be worth a go.

I could just buy a 10 ml doubler and mix him 5 ml nic free.

While I'm at it I could buy more juice that I definitely don't need and use the excuse to management that it's all in aid of helping her friends husband.

Sneaky but a reasonable yet obvious ploy that might work nonetheless.

Aussie and Noe like this.
  13. Aussie

Aussie Senior Member

HiLIQ do a good cigar concentrate. I mix it with other tobacco flavours and havn't tried it on its own yet but it's a strong bold flavour with a rich aroma. Worth trying In my opinion.

http://www.hiliq.com/s-cigar

The Vaper likes this.