1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

A Guide to Help You Make a Submission the Right Way

Discussion in 'Politics, News, Media, Campaigns' started by laurie9300, Jun 7, 2017.

1. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

This guide is intended to help everyone make a submission to the Federal Inquiry into the Use and Marketing of Electronic Cigarettes and Personal Vaporisers in Australia.

I encourage everyone to make a submission. Remember, you don’t have to be a Vaper to make a submission. Members of your family who have been affected by your vaping, and smokers who want a say in vaping policy may also make a submission.

While I appreciate Wick & Wire’s attempt to make lodging a submission easy for everyone, and I’m sure their heart is in the right place, there are some doubts whether making a submission via their Google Doc is valid. Especially if you only use the checkboxes without writing anything in the other available fields.

If you have already made a submission via their Google Doc I strongly recommend you make another submission using the official web site. Making a supplementary submission is catered for in the guidelines, and will not affect your previous submission.

Of course if you were not planning on making a submission, using the W&W Google Doc is better than nothing.

Remember, the most powerful personal submission you can make will be YOUR STORY. If we can inundate this inquiry with successful quit stories it will send a strong message.

Making a submission through the official website is easy, and to make it even easier a few of us have put together this step by step guide. I hope it helps………

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3DNipO8Q1hFZVd5NlFYdFNMZmM

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    The Vaper, Pippi, Judith and 5 others like this.
  2. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

Brilliant work
    Thanks @laurie9300
    I promise I will do mine soon :):):)

Pippi and laurie9300 like this.
  3. Angela

Angela ...

Fantastic Laurie. You've just won yourself a trip to the Riviera.

Thread stickied. :)

Pippi, laurie9300 and margyb like this.
  4. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Excellent work. The only suggestion I would make is the use of "switch" rather than "quit". It is important to keep pushing the harm reduction message and using consumer regulation rather than inviting them to medicalise vaping because it is a "quit" method. Just a thought.

5. James P

James P Senior Member

I'm writing one, but I'm still stumbling on the fact that they're not discussing nicotine. It's the key issue, without nicotine, sales and marketing regulation is just bureaucratic fluff.

It does vaping damage if smokers go out and buy vapes and they're even worse than NRT because at least NRT has nicotine.

Pippi likes this.
  6. Angela

Angela ...

At the very least I think nicotine would fit into "Any other related matter" under the terms of reference. But I think the majority of submissions will mention nicotine anyway. I'm pretty sure the Committee will be discussing it. :)

margyb likes this.
  7. James P

James P Senior Member

But still, it's not a related matter. It's THE matter.

margyb and laurie9300 like this.
  8. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

I included nicotine all the way through, as if they were one and the same.
    Just tell them your story, how you feel about each of the terms of reference, and what you would like to see happen.

James P, margyb, Pippi and 2 others like this.
  9. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

A heap more have been published, mines not there yet - so I presume they have a heap more to put up.
    Well done everyone!

James P, laurie9300 and margyb like this.