A list of symptoms when you quit smoking & switch to vaping

Discussion in 'Research, Health and Legal' started by Donna, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Donna

Donna Senior Member

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...g-tobacco-and-changing-to-an-ecigarette.3305/

In my opinion a great resource for the forum. I know it's another forum so if inappropriate feel free to delete.

"This post has become a useful reference for tobacco withdrawal symptoms and notes on intolerance to e-liquid ingredients. It has been continuously updated as new information comes in, and will continue to be edited as necessary.

The material performs several functions:
    1. It ensures that symptoms of smoking cessation are not attributed to e-cigarette use.
    2. It lists a wide range of tobacco withdrawal issues, which are hard to find in one place.
    3. It lists ecig refill liquid intolerance issues and helps with their identification and avoidance.
    4. It does not shrink from sensitive or contentious issues, and lays out all the information we have.

The effects of smoking cessation are wide-ranging, occasionally long-lasting, and may not occur for a month or more after quitting. Such symptoms are well-known and widely reported, and these cannot be attributed to e-cigarette use since they are experienced by those who have never even seen one. Apart from dry throat and similar effects, almost all 'symptoms of e-cigarette use' are the result of smoking cessation and are experienced by quitters regardless of whether an ecigarette is used or not. A small number of people are intolerant to one or more ingredients in e-liquid and this is discussed below. There are also some individuals who have specific issues regarding e-cigarette use and we need to flag up such matters.

This article has been regularly reformatted but would not have the useful history that it does, without the original post and the effort that was placed in it. A heartfelt thanks to the OP, bghouse, for starting it out back in 2008.

For update history, please see foot of article. Please note that this section is regularly updated when new information is received."

Wyldwitch, Wanda, Maria and 10 others like this.
  2. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

That is really excellent information! I agree it would be good to have it stickied here? Will check with Angela...

Donna and Pippi like this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

Thanks Donna, this is excellent.

Maria and Donna like this.
  4. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I stickied the thread Donna, it's a great resource.

Maria and Donna like this.
  5. Posterboy

Posterboy Senior Member

Fantastic article.

Pippi and Donna like this.
  6. Pippi

Now might be a good time to explain what sticky threads are? :scratch:

7. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Pippi likes this.
  8. Pippi

Noe, margyb, Angela and 1 other person like this.
  9. margyb

margyb Senior Member

Maria, Noe, Pippi and 1 other person like this.
  10. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Today I learned that intuitive forum search is not really intuitive :( it was faster to hunt through sections & find the thread I wanted. (this may not always be the case though)

DogMan likes this.
  11. Andrew Parker

Andrew Parker Senior Member

Thanks Donna,
    This is an excellent resource. I appreciated the list of effects from vaping, some of which I've experienced - although I also seem to have had others that aren't mentioned! All under control now, thank goodness.
    I particularly liked the latter sections where the author tackles the role of PVs in harm reduction strategies and the glaring inconsistencies between that research and the line taken by so many (dare I say, purposely ignorant, or perhaps, differently motivated) public health officials and the tobacco control lobby.
    Well worth a read.

Jennifer and Donna like this.
  12. Andrew Parker

Andrew Parker Senior Member

Sorry folks, not sure where this came from, still getting the hang of things.

Noe and Jennifer like this.
  13. Cat

Cat New Member

Great article.

Donna and Pippi like this.
  14. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Judith likes this.