1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

A little about me and vaping

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Maria, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Maria

Maria Senior Member

I started vaping 4 yrs ago,I wish I had written down the exact date. Best thing I have ever done for myself and love everything about vaping.Hopefully fingers crossed I have posted in introduce yourself.:thumbup:
    Maria

margyb, Pippi, Donna and 1 other person like this.
  2. Angela

Angela ...

Hi Maria and welcome to VCA. Yep, you posted in the right place. It's good to have another old timer on board. I've been vaping a little over 4 years myself. Haven't things changed since we started? Those newbies have got it so easy these days. ;)

I hope you enjoy the forum. :)

Maria likes this.
  3. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Yeah! posted correctly.Yes I to think myself as an old timer age included.The early days were hard so much to learn.It was expensive for me in the beginning I made so many mistakes with hardware and e liquid.Much easier now for newbies.:) I am enjoying the forum ,thanks Angela.

Jennifer, Angela and Judith like this.
  4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Welcome Maria. At least when you started there were kind of decent clearomizers, back in the pre-historic days when I started a Boge carto was as good as it got.

Maria likes this.
  5. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Welcome Maria. Hope you continue to enjoy the Cafe. :)

Maria likes this.
  6. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Welcome to the Cafe ecigfuture!

Maria likes this.
  7. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Yes I should not complain.My main problem was I just couldn't work it out at first so I had leaking cart's and coils I had trouble placing.Lucky for me back then the vendor had great customer service and would walk me through it on the phone. But once I got it then the fun started. Thank you for the welcome! And thankyou to all for a warm welcome.I still have things to learn which is good and vaping is always evolving which is great.

8. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Hi Maria, welcome - yes I think Vaping will forever be a learning curve unless a person sticks to one device they know and love.

Maria likes this.
  9. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Thank you Pippi. I have stuck to a brand of vape pen I like,but I think a Mod maybe in the near horizon time to take it up a notch.Then I will have the best of both worlds.Who knows maybe one day diy or even adding my own nicotine am reading about that to on the forum. there is great info on the forum to explore both,:)

Pippi likes this.
  10. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Thanks Judith I am enjoying it !

Judith likes this.
  11. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Welcome Maria and enjoy yourself here.

If you ever decide to start some DIY there's some very knowledgeable vapers here who could help you.

Would I be right to assume you just vape premixed bought from overseas?

Maria and Pippi like this.
  12. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Yes premix from O.S I think adding nicotine would be what I would like to learn first which I have a little knowledge but need to gain more to build confidence to do it. but definitely will read about the DIY and ask for help and advice when I go down that track.Thanks Gasman.

Pippi likes this.
  13. Steve H

Steve H Member

Hi Maria and a big welcome hug to you

Keep Calm & Vape On :vape:

Maria and Pippi like this.
  14. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Hi Maria, I've been vaping for 20 months and whilst vaping I'm sure is better than it used to be I think the amount of choice is confusing for newbies. I'm kinda glad I don't have to work it out again. Once was confusing enough.

Maria likes this.
  15. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

After 4 years you obviously have a good grasp on vaping and realise that a bit of DIY will save you a lot of money,especially if you're importing.

It was. certainly daunting for me at first and when I started my family were calling me Walter White from the Breaking Bad TV series because of the protective gear I was wearing!

I was going to suggest starting on Aussie doublers if you so decide rather than full on concentrate mixing DIY. I'm certainly no expert but there's enough Aussie vendors around to choose from. I think we all have our favourites but I don't want to state mine as I'm sure it seems to some that I'm plugging his business.
    Personally I find some vendors doublers to be a bit week but we are all different.

In regards to doublers it's truly not hard and if I can do it anybody can! I actually find it very rewarding and part of the enjoyment of vaping when you find a juice that you like. I still mix by volume rather than weight but am thinking of giving weight a go.

I've made a lot of notes and have made some surprising discoveries. I never expected to ever want to vape anything other than tobacco flavours as the thought of inhaling a strawberry for example did not appeal to me. As time progressed I've found that some fruits and bakery flavours are very nice and it's good to change it around periodically. My favourites to this day still remains tobaccos but I'm glad to know that I can try and enjoy others.

Like everybody I'm sure I've created some revolting excuses for a juice and have found some vendors descriptions to be way off my interpretation but the old chestnut of taste is very subjective certainly is true.

I started on doublers and then thought it was time to try concentrates which I was very dubious about but again it isn't hard. The added bonus that I've found is that if I've ordered a doubler that I don't like rather than throw it away I mix it in with others or add a concentrate or two to make it more palatable. Again this has worked on numerous occasions. Don't get me wrong I've still concocted some slug vomit in my time but it's all part of the enjoyment for me.

As you're fully aware the important thing is to stay off the smokes and after 4 years you deserve a medal no matter how you vape or what juice you use.

16. Nico and Laughter

I'm on my phone so I cant add links but can someone link to an ejuice calculator for Maria

17. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Wow thank you so helpful awesome forum.The protective gear gasman made me laugh I can imagine my families reaction! Links would be great,I am a reader.If you say even you can do it,I can try.I will start with the research.I probably will stick with some pre mix I really enjoy as tobacco is a favorite but enjoy refreshing the pallet with other flavours. Peanut butter I can vape on all day. Diy interests me so thank you Gasman and Nico for wanting to help by sharing links .Appreciated.:thumbup:

18. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

This one?
    http://ejuice.breaktru.com/

subyXV and Nico and Laughter like this.
  19. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Thanks Aqualung will start reading and let all know how it goes no doubt I will have questions:)

Aqualung likes this.
  20. Nico and Laughter

Aqualung likes this.