An interesting marketing idea - on April the First

Discussion in 'Vapoureyes' started by Andrew Parker, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Andrew Parker

Andrew Parker Senior Member

Don't know if many of you noticed but today (April Fool's Day) Ed and Mo sent out emails promoting an interesting marketing ploy. Buy a mystery 'show bag' for either $25 or $45 and be guaranteed a combination of unknown goodies to the tune of $50 and $100 respectively. Juices and hardware as well as peripherals were promised.

I was intrigued so I tried to respond about 1 hour after receiving an email from them alerting me to the deal. I've actually got a few things I need and will be putting in an order for a new mod, tank and wire sometime soon anyway so I thought I'd have a bit of a punt and add the $45 mystery deal to the order.

By the time I tried to place the order (only 1 hour after the notification), it seemed that they had sold out. I wasn't really sure, as all I got was a notification of a failure to get to checkout ('mystery bag did not take pre-orders') so it wasn't the mod and atty I was trying to buy that was the problem.

Did anyone else see this and respond? If so, and you were successful in acquiring a mystery bag, would you be so kind as to describe what arrived.

I actually like Vapoureyes very much, I have purchased quite a lot of things from them over the last couple of years and I have corresponded with both Ed and Mo about products and orders on several occasions. I am apt to believe them when they say that these bags were good value. However, I would like to know that this was not just a 'switch and bait' marketing ploy or indeed an April Fool's joke. I would like to retain my faith in them.

2. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I need some consumables too, so I just put through an order including a Mystery Bag and it worked fine.

Maybe try it again Woopi?

3. Andrew Parker

Hey, thanks for the response Jennifer. It must have been a technical hitch earlier on today - although I did try on two separate occasions on two separate computers. I've just gone back and completed the order including a mystery bag. Now it just remains to be seen what arrives. What larks! Sometimes you can be just a bit too cynical and suspicious. Note to self, lighten up woopi.

If you're listening Ed and Mo, I didn't mean a word of it.

On the other hand, if you're not ...

But seriously, this was obviously a computer problem on one end or the other so I want to apologise for any implied imputation in my first post.

Aqualung and Jennifer like this.
  4. KayP

KayP Senior Member

I can not bring myself to take that gamble and would rather hold on to my cash for something I really want. Please do let the rest of us know how you go with the mystery bag.

Browny, Aqualung and Jennifer like this.
  5. Andrew Parker

Hope Ed and Mo read this and throw in a couple of really nice goodies so I can impress folks - but then, they don't know who I am so that's a bit of a forlorn hope.

KayP likes this.
  6. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Hehe

Who's Mo? I thought the two brothers were Ed and Lex.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Nope. Ed and Mo (Morris). :)

They are practically teenagers too. Cute though. :sillygrin:

KayP likes this.
  8. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I'm still debating whether to buy one of these. On the face of it it seems like a good deal but I notice it says that it will most likely contain items from their clearance page which I'm not that sure about.
    Still works out in my favour I suppose even if you get something you wouldn't have ordered by choice.
    I presume they're trying to run out old stock but it's still an inventive idea which appeals I must admit.