Anyone on here make/sell coils?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Harlequin, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Senior Member

I'm new to rebuilding and not yet ready to stry making Clapton Coils but I'd really like to try some.

Rather not buy them from China as I won't know the provenance of the wire used...

Happy to pay for them and would like my money to go to someone here... :thumbup:

Pippi and KayP like this.
  2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Check the hardware reviews section, I reviewed pre-made UD coils, they sell a box of 50 claptons for around $15-20 at 0.6 ohms, there's enough length on the tails to make them 0.8 ohm if you want to or you can unwind a wrap or two to go lower in ohms.
    I know it's not exactly what you were asking for but honestly the UD coils are good quality & what I use when using a clapton.

KayP likes this.
  3. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Tinkerbell

I've used UD coils and I was quite happy with them.

KayP likes this.
  4. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Tinkerbell

To be honest all your stock atomisers come from china anyway so I'm not really sure about the differences between the wire in a prebuilt coil and a stock atomiser.

KayP likes this.
  5. Harlequin

Harlequin Senior Member

Thanks guys. I was more concerned about buying non-branded coils from someone who just makes and sells them online. I don't have an issue with chinese products as long as they are from a company that (at least in theory) has some kind of quality control.

I ended up buying some Youde Coils from FT.

KayP and Noe like this.
  6. KayP

KayP Senior Member

I love clapton wire, yet I have not built one myself. I purchased and own just one spool of UD Kanthal 28gax2 + 32ga Clapton wire. I started using it very early into my vaping stint and have always preferred it over round coils. I must admit that I have not tried round coils as much, but I have an assortment of Kanthal, Nickel and Stainless Steel wires waiting for me to be more adventurous. Suffice to say I'm extremely satisfied with the flavour and vapour I get from this wire.

I bought my UD Clapton wire from House Of Vape, but you can buy from it from FT as well- It's still the same product.

Noe likes this.
  7. Noe

Yep they also make rolls, as you use but I have both the clapton roll & the pre-made clapton RBA coils, so far all I have used is the pre-made coils.
    There are other Chinese brands that now make a variety of pre-made RBA coils/wire, usually cheaper than UD's coils/wire but what I like about UD is they have always used quality materials in their RBA products, I know when I buy a UD atty that I am getting a piece that will be set to a high standard, every time.
    That assurance means I am more inclined to buy the slightly more expensive UD clapton coils over unknown branded competitors' & after having used UD clapton coils, I can see that they have used the materials stated in their building of them.
    Bottom line is, UD care about the quality of the gear they produce.

KayP and DogMan like this.
  8. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Yeah, I've had similar results. Initially I had bought a few UK made wires from HOV, believing that the quality and cleanliness will be unsurpassed. As for UK made Clapton wire (spool), it was either not available or too pricey, and so I went with UD.

The assortment of other spools of wires I referred to in my previous post are also UD which I acquired via FT.

Edit: I don't know if the hype for american and uk made wires are justified. UD's wires are IMO of quality. In addition, they're affordable. The american and uk ones are too pricey.

9. Noe

This is a carry over from other industries & products, where AD campaigns are run appealing to the population's sense of National pride & Patriotism.
    In part we see the same here in Aus, when they run ADs telling us to buy Aussie Made or Aussie Owned.

In some cases I have seen Chinese Clones that were better than the US or UK Originals & many times clones that were just as good as the originals but try telling that to a Patriotic fanboi & you'll never have them agreeing, even if you have 90% of everyone else agreeing.

KayP and DogMan like this.
  10. KayP

KayP Senior Member

It is easy to accept that the costs of producing and manufacturing goods locally is high, especially in Australia; however, it will never truly represent quality. It is relatively easy for us, residents in "first world countries", to whinge about the quality of products originating from poorer countries, but not always justifiable.

I despise politics so I have to stop this train of thought.

11. Posterboy

Posterboy Senior Member

I use combo of pre built and wind me own. Good skill to have wind your own, and it helps with adjusting pre builts.
    I've devolved to single wire coils. Better response time and less juice use.

KayP and emu like this.
  12. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

The UD stuff is fine IMO.
    Ill be placing bets that even the USA made claptons use kanthal and Ni sourced from asia. Not sure how much is produced in the US?

Ive made claptons from scratch, using 24 and 32 G kanthal, and while they were better than the UD 26/32 spools I have bought, I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe that they were better for my vaping experience than a standard 24G dual coil build. Personal preference really, but claptons are a bit of a PITA me thinks.

EDIT:
    As is autocorrect.... Bloody thing.
    Should have read "Claptons" and NOT "Captions"..... XD

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016