1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Aspire Pockex All-in-one review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Noe, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Thanks to Christina at Heaven Gifts, I received free for review, the outstanding Aspire Pockex all-in-one.
    The Pockex is a simple device & comes in 4 different colors, Black, Rose Gold, White & Stainless Steel, Heaven Gifts has them available here: https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Aspire-PockeX-Pocket-AIO-Kit.html
    Heaven Gifts Also has replacement coil heads, in packs of 5 here: https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Aspire-PockeX-Atomizer-Head-5pcs.html
    Another welcome addition on the Pockex is the ability to replace the glass tank Heaven Gifts has these available also: https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Aspire-PockeX-Pyrex-Tube-With-Metal-Cover.html
    So if the Pockex is a simple device, why is it outstanding?
    Well Read on.

[​IMG]

UNBOXING:

Heaven Gifts sent the Pockex, wrapped in bubble wrap, inside a cardboard box, for protection during transport.
    I always prefer my packages to be packed into a box, this offers a level of protection, to the items inside, you just do not get with bubble wrap alone.

[​IMG]

On the back of the Pockex box is some information about it and a scratch to check sticker for authenticity.

[​IMG]

The replacement coil packs come with 5 replacement coils & also have the scratch for authenticity sticker.
    The coils for the Pockex are 0.6 ohm & made from 316L SS wire, with Pockex written on the coil heads. However, I believe the Nautilus X coils also fit the Pockex & the Naut X has 1.5 ohm coils available but these will not work well in the Pockex, stick to the 0.5 ohm Naut X or 0.6 ohm Pockex coils for best performance.

[​IMG]

One of the great features of the Pockex is its replaceable tank, which holds 2ml of ejuice. This means if you drop the pockex & smash the glass tank, you can replace it & still use your All-In-One, unlike some other AIO devices.
    The spare glass comes with its own metal shroud & packed in a small box with protective foam insert.
    With this system you can also mix & match tank/body parts on the Pockex to get different color combinations, such as a black body with a gold tank or white body with a black tank etc.

[​IMG]

Inside the Pockex box you will find a small instruction manual, a warranty card, the Pockex & a box containing a USB cable & a spare coil head.

[​IMG]

Not a lot of extras but it is all you need minus Ejuice to get you up & vaping.

[​IMG]

PARTS BREAK DOWN/IN USE:

There are not a lot of parts to the Pockex, being an AIO device but it works remarkably well, this is due to the type of coils it uses & the U-Tech airflow system they employ.

[​IMG]

The Pockex comes with a coil installed & all you need to do is give the tank section a quick wash & dry before use. The tank looked & smelled clean but I always wash any new tank, it is a good habit to get into.
    To get to the tank you need to unscrew the top cap, this will bring the coil out with it, it is actually the coil that screws onto the base of the tank.

[​IMG]

The top cap has a line going around it for airflow to come through to the coil, both halves are not designed to come away from each other. The coil will unscrew from the top cap, when replacing a coil first install it into the top cap & screw it in tightly.

[​IMG]

On the base of the Pockex is the USB charging point, with the USB cable connected it also acts as a passthrough device, so if your Pockex is dead flat & you connect it to the USB you can continue vaping with it. The other thing about the base of the Pockex is it sits completely flat & stable when put down on its end, the Joyetech Ego AIO by comparison wobbles when put down upright & is not as stable.

[​IMG]

The pockex is broken down into 4 parts, the top cap, the glass tank, the coil & the battery/body.
    The large oring at the base of where the tank sits ensures it does not leak & the seal on the top cap works well too. The top cap seal may come away from the top cap when unscrewing for refilling, this isn't any real problem, just seat it back into its grove on the top cap & it will work as normal.

[​IMG]

The Drip Tip on the Pockex is proprietary, I personally do not have an issue with the Drip Tip as provided, however there are after market DTs available for the Nautilus X that will also fit the Pockex.

[​IMG]

On the Tank there is a max fill line, on the Black tank it can be a little difficult to see in poor light but turn a light on & it becomes clearer.
    I am not going to recommend over filling past this line, just try to fill up to the line but if you do over fill by a few drops it will not cause the Pockex to leak unlike other AIOs which may.
    In testing I deliberately over filled with 0.5ml of juice or approx 15 drops, this was far more than "just a few drops over" as most users may have happen from time to time, this did not cause the Pockex to leak, however the vapor produced was on the drier side & not as flavorsome, until the level decreased in the tank to a normal fill amount.

[​IMG]

The one very minor con that the Pockex has, is when refilling with a new flavor of juice. If you are refilling with the same flavor it is not an issue at all but with a new flavor you will be left with about 5 drops of juice below where the coil sits. This is easily solved by removing the glass tank & wiping the juice out with a paper towel or cloth.

[​IMG]

OVERALL THOUGHTS/ CONCLUSION:

During my testing, I had no issues at all with the Pockex's performance.
    The draw from the airflow is perfect for both MTL & restricted DL vaping, the volume of vapor produced can be light to heavy with small clouds possible as well as virtually no vapor at all ( just a few wisps).
    The draw is very similar to that as what a smoker would know from a cigarette, this makes it ideal for smokers wanting to try to replace smoking with vaping.
    This is a great new vaper's device, much better than the Joytech AIO , IMO, I tested both side by side during my testing & the results with the Pockex were far better flavor, far better draw & a better experience overall.
    Run times are good from the 1500mah battery, using the provided coils, from a full charge I was able to vape through 2.5 tankfuls (5ml) of juice.

While it is a great new vaper's device, it also has a place for experienced vapers. I have found myself taking this device out as a back up over my other larger & heavier devices or simply taking it out with me when I will only be gone for a few hours because it performs so well.
    It is not quite as good as my more expensive, rebuildable tanks/mods but the flavor it produces & the volume of vapor is better than with any similar small & light AIO I have tried.

I recommend this over the Joyetech AIO for new vapers & it will be what I recommend to anyone making new year's resolutions to quit smoking.
    I also recommend it for experienced vapers looking for something light & portable as a back up or for a few hours at a time away from home. It is not quite a stealth device but it almost is stealthy.
    The Icare & mini, are stealthier but they sacrifice a lot of flavor & enjoyment from your vape to be stealthy & small, the Pockex is about 40mm taller than the Icare, while only being approx half as wide & gives a much better vaping experience.

In conclusion, I highly recommend the Pockex & think it is currently the best device in its class.

*Edited to update coil information.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Charles Vaper, Gabby, margyb and 3 others like this.
  2. Jaz

Jaz Member

Great review. I loved mine but it has gone to God. Few wines and dropped it and smashed it :cry::cry: on Xmas eve. I turfed it as I didn't realise it had replaceable glass - have never seen it anywhere as an option.
    I'm unsure whether I want to replace or buy another atty instead. Decisions

Pippi and Noe like this.
  3. Noe

:( Sorry I didn't write the review earlier, it may have saved your Pockex from an untimely departure.
    Heaven Gifts have the replacement tanks, they are quite cheap too, certainly much cheaper than replacing a whole AIO, like you would have to do with a Joyetech AIO, since they do not have replacement tanks.
    If you put it in the bin & it isn't too much trouble to get out, it is worth considering, as long as the battery was still working it could have been reborn with a new tank :)

One thing I neglected to mention in my review, which only occurred after I wrote it(previous fills had been without incident), is that when refilling it, it is possible to get a gurgle in the coil. As I said this happened to me after writing the review but it is easily rectified, get a paper towel or tissue & place it over the opening of the DT, turn the Pockex upside down & shake it a little up & down, the tissue may catch 2 -3 drops of juice. Without firing the Pockex, test puff on it, to see if the gurgle is gone, if it still has a bit of gurgle, then repeat the process & test again, if it is gone, then it won't gurgle further during use.

This issue is not limited to the Pockex, any similar tank that you fill then lower the coil heads into is going to have pressure build up when you screw the top cap on, which is what causes juice to be forced into the coil & thus make it gurgle. I have had the same occur on the Joyetech AIO & on the Icare Mini, both of these employ a very similar method of lowering the coil into a filled tank.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    Pippi likes this.
  4. Squid

Squid Member VCA Approved Vendor

Have you tried the EVOD Pro V2?

5. Jaz

Jaz Member

Hi Noe,

What a shame that I didn't know. My pockex could be in any 5 garbage bags with prawn shells etc so not worth fishing around. I am now thinking that maybe I might purchase a Plato or Cupti as its an aio plus can mouth to lung and direct lung. Any advice on which device is better?

Pippi likes this.
  6. Noe

I haven't but I have read some comments on it from real users that say the tank gets too hot & others that the coils can flood. Having not tested it myself, I can't verify that & since I don't know how experienced the users of the device were, I can't be certain they weren't newbies making newby errors.
    What I do know for certain is the Pockex is not as wide(by about 3mm) or as tall (by about 20mm) & that is going to appeal to more new vapers than a larger device.
    I like the Evod Pro V2's airflow system, in theory it should work much like the Pockex's but I have not had one to try so again, I can't say for certain how good it is.
    The other advantage I think the Pockex has over the Evod is that it has a metal shroud around the tank, which offers the glass some protection, the Evod has the glass bare but like the Pockex the glass can be replaced.

7. Noe

Having not used either, I lean towards the Cupti as being more user friendly. Plus the coils come in different ohm ratings & are cheaper, which is something to consider.
    Personal choice though I wouldn't go for either of those devices. If I am going to spend around $70-$80US, it would be on a regulated dual 18650 mod & a tank separately or perhaps even a single 18650 mod. This is because, if I didn't like the tank, then I am not locked into having to use it, unlike with the Cupti or Plato, where if you don't like the tank/coils then you're stuck with it & can't change to a different tank you might like more.
    For about 1/2 the cost of the Cupti or the Plato, you could have a Rofvape Witcher Kit, which I reviewed recently, which I think is similar to these types of AIOs that have the tank beside the battery, the advantage other than cost with the Witcher kit is you can use other tanks on the mod. I really like how the Witcher tank performs too, as I said in my review.

8. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Noe, do you have the Aio Pro C?

9. Noe

No just the standard original Ego AIO 19mm dia one.
    The Pro C has some nice upgraded features but it uses the same coils & will IMO suffer from the same problems as the standard AIO from using those coils. Sure the AFC is upgraded but that doesn't change how the coil functions, the airflow hits to top of the coil & bounces off, in the same way as the standard AIO & that is where the Pockex is leaps & bounds ahead of the AIO.

Pippi and Jaz like this.
  10. Asadullah Waziri

Asadullah Waziri Member

Great review Noe, how about doing all this in a video format and posting it. Would look great.

Sent from my S7

Jaz likes this.
  11. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

@Jaz
    I personally haven't used the Cupti or Plato but did look at them. Another or should I say a better contestant is the Evic AIO box. I have the kanger Nebox which the Cupti is the revision 2 of the Nebox with the AFC and some Upgrades/fixes and a new name. I think it still uses the plastic tank but nightmare experience from the Nebox I wouldn't touch this.

Aspire Plato looks good and has good review but coils are costly. You can also use Nautilus coils as well. No RBA option. Replaceable tank on this is a plus. To remove the coil you need to use their tool which adds another item to carry.
    The Evic AIO has the same/similar Cubis internals. You can use the Cubis/AIO coils and the BF RBA section. This also comes with a 510 bypass section for you to use your own tank if you wish. This is on my wishlist as a true AIO as it does and have everything you need.

Hope this helped you a bit and not confused you even further :)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    Pippi and Jaz like this.
  12. Jaz

Jaz Member

Thanks Noe, I shall look up your review on the Rofvape Witcher Kit.
    IamTezr, thanks for your input. I believe all leaking problems from the old Nebox have been rectified on the Cupti.
    I'm wary of the Evic as I've heard there's a lot of spitback with the cubis coils. Spitback is a real deal breaker for me. I'm not interested in building.
    I might post in general as I really want some feedback from members on either the cupti or plato before I purchase.

iamTezr, Noe and Pippi like this.
  13. Noe

From the blurb on the Cupti : AIO device which supports MTL and DL vaping. It features replaceable glass tube & 18650 cell, temp control, leak-free system.

Because it uses the same airflow system as the Joyetech AIO coils, I'm going to really question that device as being any better. I really think that type of airflow is not good, it allows the juice to "boil" or "cook" on the coil, rather than evaporate properly, which is a main reason the Pockex is better than the AIO.

I didn't get any spitback on the Witcher tank & there is nothing to rebuild :)
    The good thing, as I posted above, about the Witcher Kit, is if you don't like the tank you can use a different tank you like more.
    Here's the link to that review: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/rofvape-witcher-75w-tc-kit.4421/

Jaz likes this.
  14. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

The reason I ask - is I have one and dont like it and dont want it, all yours if you want, its bright orange though.
    I would have offered it to Jaz but really its a shit of a thing and not worthy of Pifing, but you can use it for comparison stuff I guess? Otherwise I will just toss it in the bin.

Noe and Jaz like this.
  15. Noe

It might be good to compare Vs the Joyetech AIO but really I don't see how it could improve the vape quality by much, since it is using the same airflow design for the coils.
    I think the AIO I have is useful enough for any other comparisons & any new devices would need to be compared to the Pockex, because the Pockex is the benchmark IMO right now, for these type of devices.
    So save your $ on postage, it is not something I am going to get a lot of use out of :) or perhaps keep hold of it until you need/want to post me something else.

Pippi and Jaz like this.
  16. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

:( really? Is it that bad? I just ordered one for my dad since he likes his D19 AIO and thought it'll be a nice upgrade. Bummer. Well, If Noe doesn't want it, don't bin it, I'll be more than happy to take it.

Noe and Pippi like this.
  17. Noe

Pockex would have been a better upgrade for your dad I think, better flavor, better airflow, better for lasting if it is dropped & you smash a tank.

Jaz and iamTezr like this.
  18. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Bugger - I have the D19 and it is fine but the Pro C is not the same at all. It feels unsafe to me. If I am using 18650 Batteries - I like to be safe and everything about the Pro C feels far from safe. Not sure if I want to pif it to you Tez for those reasons.
    Anyway - I have gone off topic in this review thread :hide:

iamTezr likes this.
  19. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

I'm going to check if I can cancel the order if it hasn't been shipped. Do you know if there's cost for change of mind/returns to FT?

Pippi likes this.
  20. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

No charge to cancel a order if not shipped and you will be refunded but if you return it you would have to pay postage which would hardly be worth it.

Jaz, iamTezr and Noe like this.