Au revoir my darlings

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Pippi, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Hi there Dear Café members,

Angela and I have been chatting about the cafe's future & my role in it & I have decided it’s best to retire from my role as Admin/Moderator. It’s been a hell of a ride with ups & downs and huge learning curves and I am grateful for the opportunity to be involved in running a forum I love so much. Thank you for accepting me so warmly and Ange for giving this rookie a go.

Being admin on a forum involves some obligations that I wasn’t aware of and this has caused some conflict between Ange & myself, as we are both women who are not afraid to speak our minds, and stick to our guns when we feel passionately about an issue.

Next time Angela & I catch up, it will be a relief that the conversation won’t have to revolve around the café and we can revert to having a few laughs over a meal with some kind of Fancy Pants Ale to wash it down.

Thanks again - you are all so wonderful and I feel very lucky to have made genuine friends here.
    I wish the Café all the best and will still be around the traps.

Cheers & love
    Pippi/Ally

Mo Town, KayP, Maggie and 9 others like this.
  2. Admin

Admin Senior Member

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Ally for everything you've done for the Cafe, and you've done so much. For someone who was still new to forums, this was quite a huge undertaking, and you've grown a hell of a lot in that time. I always knew you were a good'un.

As far as resolving conflicts ... a Taurean Ox and a Sagittarian Ox? One doubly immovable object against an immoveable object with a bow and arrow. Let's face it - we're star-crossed, lol.

Real life matters much more to me than forums and I'm lucky to have you as a real life friend. I enjoy chatting with you for hours about many different things and I hope to still be doing that years down the track.

I hope you'll still hang around here as much as ever, now that you're footloose and fancy free. You're really important to this community and you are very much loved. All the best honey. xxx

KayP, Maggie, iamTezr and 5 others like this.
  3. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Thank you so much Ally I have enjoyed our laughs and our time together. Don't abandon us too much, you're a very important part of our community. You're an absolute gem.

KayP, Pippi, DogMan and 1 other person like this.
  4. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Love you pudle mumma.

I feel sorry for Angela at our meets. I mostly don't like talking vaping, but since pippi took up squonking, we jabber a bit about them. Poor Angela just says "I had a reo mini 5 years ago. Newbie squonkers are spoiled"

5. Admin

Admin Senior Member

Ally's the only reason you and I are able to maintain a real life friendship Doggie. Ally is the social glue in our introvert sandwich.

6. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Lol, I just gibber away and you guys let me :blush:
    Lol, yep shes stuck in the dark ages but in time she will evolve via Osmosis.
    But Tanks for the Squonk chats - I enjoy them immensely and - ever so slowly so will Ange. :whistling:

KayP and DogMan like this.
  7. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Thanks sweetie, not going anywhere - you are one of the best people I have never met in person - hope we change that in 2018 xoxox

KayP, margyb, Admin and 1 other person like this.
  8. Admin

Admin Senior Member

I may in time become amenable to the new generation of squonking devices. I'm just waiting for one that's actually physically attractive i.e. doesn't look like a brick with lipstick on it. :emo:

9. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

You can stop being so neutral on what mods you do and don't like now that you are free. No need for the completely unbiased, never ever favouring one manufacturer over another that you have maintained until now

KayP, Admin, margyb and 1 other person like this.
  10. Admin

Admin Senior Member

Can I come too?

margyb, Pippi and DogMan like this.
  11. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Thank Phark for that - finally I can confess my true love - Provari who would have thunked it? :bolt:

KayP, Maggie, margyb and 1 other person like this.
  12. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Hoping we can get Margy here too and somehow the Dogman :nod:

margyb, Admin and DogMan like this.
  13. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

i never even suspected :lipssealed:

margyb and Pippi like this.
  14. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

I am nothing if not discrete :winky:

margyb and DogMan like this.
  15. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Thanks Pippi for all you have done for the Cafe (barrista?)

KayP, The Vaper, margyb and 3 others like this.
  16. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

Just wanted to say Thankyou Ally
    For everything you have done here on the cafe
    It can’t be an easy job being a moderator or an owner of a forum
    Sometimes we all need a change though
    Are you going to become a sheep farmer? And start spinning wool?

KayP, The Vaper, Admin and 3 others like this.
  17. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Ta Laurie, you are a gem and I am not going anywhere - you are part of the fabric here and so valued by me always.
    Ps, are you calling me a sugar stirrer? :giggle:

laurie9300 and DogMan like this.
  18. Admin

Admin Senior Member

As long as your house insurance and car registration are up to date I approve.

KayP, Pippi and DogMan like this.
  19. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Lol Margy, I have been spinning wool since I was 14yrs old and loved it but these days both my beautiful wheels are hanging off hooks in the shed - I reckon one day I will get back to it but these days I could only work with wool donated by sheep that are treated with a lot of love :h:

Nico and Laughter, margyb and DogMan like this.
  20. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I wish you well on your journey Ally, do what you must do and thank you for the work you have done here.