Batteries and Battery Charger Combo (Safe??)

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by auswi, May 21, 2018.

1. auswi

auswi New Member

Hello,

When I brought my first mod on Wismec Gen3 the batteries that were sold to me are 18650 2500mAh 3.7V. There are 3 battereies all green with the plus and the minus hand written on them, Unknown what brand they are.

I use these batteries in my above mod and in my new RevengerX (Daily use). I currently have a Efest Slim K2 Charger.

Can I use a USB plug for the efest charger to go into. The USB power plug is an Apple One with
    Output: DC 5V / 1A as opposed to plugging the efast 2 bay charger into the USB on the computer.

Also any recommendations as looking to add more 18650 batteries and larger charger

Thanks

Ausei

2. Loachlover

Loachlover New Member

Hi Auswi, I am only a new to vaping but might be able to help you. Sharing your batteries between your mods is not a good practice and USB charging is not ideal . You should keep those 3 batteries just to use in your Wismec and buy two more for the Revenger and always keep them "paired together" so they are are charged and used together all the time. A 4- bay 240v charger would be ideal and only charge and use each set together religously. If you buy different brand batteries they would be better if they were a different colour to help you keeping them in sets. It would be good for you to read my post in this "New Members" section as I was given some similar advice that was very helpful and make sure you read Noe's "Battery Safety" advice.
    Cheers Graeme.

Noe and KayP like this.
  3. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Where did you purchase those batteries from auswi? I know the Revenger X is a dual battery mod; however, is your other mod a Gen3 dual or triple battery mod?

Battery safety should be at the forefront of your mind. Using unknown brand batteries is not recommended. In addition to it damaging your mod, it can be dangerous for you if the battery/ies vents. For regulated devices, I recommend 18650 batteries such as the Samsung 30Q, Sony VTC6, LG HG2 or Samsung 25R.

Another aspect of battery safety is to pair/marry batteries together. If you're looking for batteries for a dual battery device, then you should purchase two identical batteries together, i.e. same brand and model, from the same shop and marry them together. Thereafter, always use and discharge them together. This will keep your batteries balanced with each other and provide the best performance and longevity.

It is not uncommon for people to share a set of batteries between mods; however, the mods must have the same number of battery bays. For example, sharing a set of dual batteries among two dual battery mods is fine; however, sharing batteries between a dual and triple battery bay device is not. Again, using unbalanced batteries together can cause stress and venting.

As for charging, never charge your batteries via the vape mod's usb port. Unlike external battery chargers, vape mods are not built to provide balanced charging. The Efest K2 is a dual battery charger and so if you only have dual sets of batteries then it is fine; however, if you have, or intend to, purchase triple or quadruple battery mods then you will have to purchase a four or six bay charger. Again, sets of batteries must be charged and discharged at the same rate and always together.

For more information on 18650 batteries, check out:
    a) Battery Mooch's recommendations: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/attachments/7fdf0dbf-4d99-4676-932d-b3259735ef7d-jpeg.735233/ and
    b) @Noe 's Battery Safety thread: http://vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/battery-safety-which-is-the-best-battery-to-use.1007/

Noe likes this.
  4. auswi

auswi New Member

Hi Kay,

Thank you for your help.

The 3 batteries were sold to me at my local Vape shop here in Adelaide when I brought the Gen3 triple battery mod. I will be purchasing a 6 bay external charger and will purchase a set of 2 18650 batteries for the Revenger X and keep the original 3 for the Wismec Gen 3

Kind regards

Auswi