1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Be carefull if vaping in thailand

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by crispernator, Aug 18, 2016.

1. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

Hi all well have seen on another sight that the powers to be are taking a some what strange approach to vaping in thailand ,when i was there last june it seemed to be fine to use electronic cigs and there is quite a community of vapers through out the kingdom .But from what i have recently read it is now illegal to posses any vaping equipment with the option of a 5 year jail term and or fines up to 4 x the cost of the equipment you have .Now as with everything thai it comes under the heading of maybe , by this i mean it maybe true and it maybe false depending on who is interpreting the law a bit like there road rules which are more of a suggestion rather than law .
    Previously it has been illegal to import and distribute vaping equipment and products (not that it doesnt happen) and if you go to any thai vaping site you can find a good number of people who sell everything from juice to mods ,wicks and wire .Anyway just a heads up for those seeking a vaping holiday in any one of the resort towns in thailand if taking your vape gear with you be carefull at the moment as depending who sees you with it may determine what happens on your holiday . My personal view is anything that wil get you of the stinkies is a good thing ,the silly thing is that with the population of thailand who smoke and foreighers who visit and vape and live there it would be quite a good money spinner for the thai government to get revenue from .

2. AlexG

AlexG New Member

Then no vaping in Thai.

3. crispernator

This is at best sceptical ,I am tracking it on the thai vapers website and if anything appears I will know about it . The best way to describe is just be carefull were you vape if going there most people say to break down your gear well and scatter it around your suit case

AlexG likes this.
  4. crispernator

Hi all been following this on thailand vapers and the latest thread from aan expat is he went to bangkok and would normally see many people vaping but this time he saw no one in public vaping ,sad really because they could save a good number of lives . From what i can gather he is from the north easter region issan i think never heard of it being like this before ,apperantly there was somone stealth vaping in the toilets at a large shopping mall and a security officer was waiting outside the cubicle for the patron to appear .

AlexG likes this.
  5. crispernator

Bit more info there seems to be some sort of confusion ,one high ranking police officer is saying it is illegal to import and sell vape gear but ok to use as a tourist ,now it has been illegal to import vape gear for a long time in thailand but we wont go into that ,more of a sugestion rather than law depending on who you talk to but one moderators friend was hooked at a traffic stop which is always a good way to boost the end of year party funds for the grey phenominum (POLICE), and was ordered to turn out his pockets ,upon which was discovered a vaping device which they deemed as suspect and charged him a 40,000 baht fine ,he refused and went to the police station to talk to the cheif and got it down to 3000 baht but lost his toot as they would not give it back ,current exchange rate is 25 baht to the doller approx. This will seriously disrupt my holiday next year if this continues bad enough going through singapore where vaping is akin to recieving lashes from the ratan if caught i believe (not really but close) just draconian laws i suppose it is always about money no matter what country it is what would goverments do if they stopped smoking around the world ?

6. crispernator

Just heard another report of a thailand vapor being searched by the grey phenominum (police) there seems to be a law that anything goes ,they stopped this guy at a random vehicle stop (apperntly they search everything ) searched him found his toot in his pocket give him the run around then said ok your good ? If you go there like i will be i would not take any expensive mods out in public and be carefull where you toot ,dont try to hide anything becausse they get really pissed about that (they lose face) just be honest and play dumb farang tourist and it sounds like you will be set free to toot away ,it is scary now that they have a new king as no one really knows what he will do as in the past he has done some what people might class as cooky things , i think the land of smiles is in for somewhat turbulent time soon, pity as it is such a nice place .

Pippi and Judith like this.
  7. Posterboy

Posterboy Senior Member

Oh well. Sounds confusing. Vote with your feet perhaps. Holiday somewhere else..

Judith likes this.
  8. crispernator

Unfortubately it is not an option my future wife lives there so i have to make the best of it but certainly if you are to holiday there be carefull ,i think there is a lot of police who are not up with the laws . It is illegal to import and sell vaping gear but if you are a tourist there really shouldnt be a problem the guy who wrote the post lives there ,i think if they worried more about the crime and less about the vapers it would be a good idea .Apparently there are vape shops in some of the bigger malls and not a problem so as they say this is thailand .

9. RC.

RC. Senior Member

It is such a shame that there is another thing to deal with in Thailand.

I have visited many times over the years and sort of know (knew) what it is all about and how to get on.

Alas, I don't think I will go back as all places now are becoming sort of the same.

Sad really.

crispernator and Pippi like this.
  10. crispernator

I was talking to a juice maker here in adelide today and he asked in conversation if i had been to bali which i havent ,from his description i am glad i havent from the way he described it i dont think i will ever go there ,the way he was talking there is nothing but unrully aussies carrying on like drop kicks everywhere ,i suppose it is where you hang out i normally hang with the girls friends and rellis when in thailand so havent seen the really seedy side and i dont drink so dont hang around the bars .
    last time there i saw heaps of really nice places and met a ton of good people

Pippi and RC. like this.
  11. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I met a really nice and very intelligent guy by chance on my last visit to Thailand a couple of years ago.

He was called at the last minute as a driver for Kim and I.

We spoke for hours on end about all sorts of stuff. He took us to places that don't really exist on the general tourist map but had deep esoteric meaning.

I feel blessed by meeting such a person, sort of like I had to go to Thailand just to meet this fellow.

I tend to call these meetings destiny, as I have always found that great changes within myself are always created by someone other than myself.

Cat, Pippi and Judith like this.
  12. crispernator

Hi rc i am lucky as the girl has friends all over thailand who she has worked with over the years we went to jomtiem for 3 days and stayed at a condotel room that her company owns and leases out to employees for short stays ,then went to nong khai in the north ( her first trip in a plane ) and saw many different areas and markets nd a temple at the top of a mountain (nearly killed me ) where the walkway is on the outside of the mountain it was good to see differet things apart form what a lot go there for if you know what i mean .i know when i o there i will only take my sub standard gear out with me so if the grey phenominum (police) decide to shake me down they will get just that a cheap crapy mod .

Pippi, Flea, subyXV and 1 other person like this.
  13. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Friends of my wife's just returned from Bali saying that vaping shops were prolific and the husband has persuaded his sister and her husband to give it a go.
    They bought a couple of AIOs for $30 (equivalent) each and a pack of 10 coils for $10 each.
    I did mention that the AIO can be bought for the same price here but the coils were definitely cheaper. I also mentioned that the coils sound like clones to me as they are normally bought in packs of 5.
    I hope the AIO isn't a clone and crap so it puts them off giving vaping a good go. Apparently they spend $900 a month on cigarettes.
    I have offered to help in any way I can if so required.

She kindly bought me this Tshirt.

[​IMG]

I say bought but according to her they were given it for spending enough money but it's the thought that counts.

14. crispernator

Hi mate yea apperntly vaping is fine in indo or bali ,at the moment thailand is going through some strange times ,there king has just passed away after 60 years there new j king has been enthroned but yet to be coronated and they are supposedly having a general alection this year . i hope in the future that vaping will become th norm there but we cant even get it right here so who knows great shirt though .

Gasman and Pippi like this.
  15. Steve H

Steve H Member

Looks like they ripped off Rip trippers catch phrase :rofl:

Gasman and crispernator like this.
  16. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

That thought did cross my mind.

I just can't watch his reviews anymore due to his infuriating banter. I was able to tolerate him for a while but just can't listen to him anymore.

Shame really because when he's not rambling on with his trademark methods I can listen to him but then it just gets too much.

Judith likes this.
  17. Steve H

Steve H Member

I always think he is in overdrive when he is talking but I dont find him as annoying as the bloke that does the indoor smokers vape reviews but that could be because he is probably stoned half the time or seems to be !

Judith and crispernator like this.
  18. crispernator

Just read on the website a dealer of vape gear has been busted by customs and police ,from what can gather so far no one knows what the outcome will be but he has his own website for selling in and through out thailand ,he is located in bangkok ,He iveing a demo to the police on how there used and they look pretty amazed by it .It is a shame that they will chase vape suppliers when there are so many other things they could be,as one person said "ohh i will sleep a lot easier now that the police have caught this guy "

19. Cat

Cat New Member

That's a shame I really enjoyed my time in Thailand but not being able to vape would put me off a lot.

crispernator and snuffy like this.
  20. subyXV

subyXV Member

Cat, just vape in the motel area and not in street area, or somewhere that doesnt contain mass people. I love Thailand and this wont stop me from going back.

Cat, crispernator and snuffy like this.