Beutiful Morning

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Rayjay, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

A beutiful Sunday winter's morning. -0.2°C outside. Snow down to 500 meters. Love it!
    Stoked up the fire coffee pot bubbling away, home made sausages cooking for bfast.
    Love this life and location. Big Smoke Cities never again!

A Blessed Sunday Morning to you all![​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Katzmeow

Katzmeow New Member

Yep, it's a beautiful part of the world. I long to go north west again. Snow on the mountain down south this morning and the rain just arrived. Again.:cloud:

Rayjay likes this.
  3. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Long time no see @Katzmeow yes indeed we abandoned the south coast suburbia. At first being somewhat sceptical of the West Coast housing there to purchase was very affordable. The real estate agents advertising we found very dispointing when we physically viewed properties offered on the West Coast. The North West proved more interesting both sceanary wise and climate.

2 ° further north was most pleasant. When we arrived at our current local, and viewed the properties only bought this one on the spot.

It was quite a culture shock, we discovered real human beings, friendly and welcoming people compared to the misery street where we previously had lived. Everything we need is minutes away including supermarkets (2) doctors, dentist, optomitrist and a hospital.

Do we miss Hobart's suburbia and amenities?
    About as much as a mouse misses a visit from a cat.

The greed of property owners/developers and landlords are driving more and more middle and low income earners out. The property bubble is about to burst just as the shenanigans of banks with their interest only loans burst.... catching huge number of real estate speculators with their pants down and driving rental prices up by as much as 40%.

You wonder why there are so many homeless?

Our premier has frozen all public sector employees wage rises to 2%. Yet when rents jumped up by 40% did he care or even attempt any price justification as would be done if other commodities were price hiked by such a large increase margin!

Now we hear that our prime minister wanted to give his banker mates how much????

No surprise that Labor celebrated a Super Saturday on the 28th of July and I predict will be celebrating after the next Federal and State elections as well.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

4. Katzmeow

Katzmeow New Member

Ah politics :mad: I'm not going there.
    Yes, housing is more affordable, one reason I might make the move myself in the next couple of years. Most of all it is the beautiful scenery and the sense of community though. I miss walking on the beaches most of all. Used to feel put out if there was one other person walking on the far end of the beach, a speck in the distance - liked having the whole beach to myself. Enjoy!

Rayjay likes this.
  5. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Indeed the beaches are great and our sea shell collection is growing by the day.

Katzmeow likes this.
  6. Flea

Flea Senior Member

I'm glad your enjoying your life, RJ.

I also had a great day, down at the surf club to watch the young ones train at day break.
    Watched the surf boats training among the passing whales.
    Had a meeting with my mates about raising money for the farmers.
    Another meeting about an open day we will host next month to help open our new clubhouse.

By 10 o'clock, we were all meeting out and decided to have a drink amongst friends,
    Flowers to our club Secretary for her Birthday on Flea's balcony overlooking the ocean.
    All shouts had to repayed, over and over.

Mrs Flea, being the only one sober, driving me back home to the hinterland,
    so I could have a couple more stubbies while listening to the football broadcast.

If I'm slurring my typing, it's not my fault.

emu, Katzmeow and Rayjay like this.
  7. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Great way to enjoy a Sunday.

8. Katzmeow

Katzmeow New Member

Yeah, as soon as I read that I realised I shouldn't have said anything about the rain here, sorry if that irked anyone. Just that we've had an awful lot of it lately - RayJay would have too, where he now lives. Be nice if it went somewhere it is needed.

Our local Woolies was packed yesterday, with profits from their 'fresh food' department going to help those suffering the big dry.

Rayjay and Flea like this.
  9. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I do not complain about rain and yes we do not see much sun this time of year up my way. We get the weather first from the West before you Southerners and Easteners of Tassie get it.

At least one can still drive in the rain, snow is another issue.

My main concern with the Mainland drought is we are only about 15 weeks from the start of the bush fire season.
    We could well be in for similar firestorms as we have seen in the USA.

Thanks be to God we are no longer there. Friends and relatives still are.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Katzmeow likes this.