Black fire by falvor art

Discussion in 'Juice Chat' started by Wanda, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Any one used it? Got any good recipes?
    Would love to give some a go, this awesome, home smoked bacon smelling delight, :p

2. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

You not in a family way by any chance. Vaping smoky bacon? That aint Koshee lol

Moving foward tobacco free World!

crispernator likes this.
  3. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

I got some country brewer liquid smoke that we put on our bbq chooks. But not sure it would go down in a vape mix. Too scared to try lol

Moving foward tobacco free World!

4. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

I think it is a fav of our resident Doc, I have tried it and quite like it - must make some more up - not sure about the Bacon thing just smells like a tobacco to me.

Wanda likes this.
  5. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

"Old Grump, post: 129193, member: 1194"]You not in a family way by any chance. Vaping smoky bacon? That aint Koshee lol

Moving foward tobacco free World![/QUOTE]
    OH JEEPERS I HOPE NOT!! Dont jinks me! :geek: no more i have enough!
    I do love bacon, my staple food priumud consists of cokies, coffee, bacon, :facepalm:bread,beer,pies and not much alse, when i took a sniff it took me back to smoking my own bacon, ham's back home there is just nothing like it

Pippi likes this.
  6. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

OH JEEPERS I HOPE NOT!! Dont jinks me! :geek: no more i have enough!
    I do love bacon, my staple food priumud consists of cokies, coffee, bacon, :facepalm:bread,beer,pies and not much alse, when i took a sniff it took me back to smoking my own bacon, ham's back home there is just nothing like it[/QUOTE]
    Oh my goodness, that has put me right off it - down the sink it goes! :bolt:

Old Grump likes this.
  7. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

I have a mate that will only vape Blackfire with a touch of Molasses in it !
    Not flavor art though .
    It is just a tobacco flavour !

Old Grump likes this.
  8. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Wasn't Blackfire, called Honey Tobacco in times past. It does have a little smokiness, but I thought that was an attempt at replicating a "flue cured" style. Ham and bacon is a step too far I reckon.
    I did use it prior to falling in love with Black and Mild, in a recipe using superconcentrates 2% blackfire, 1% vanilla and 1% maple syrup. I can't recall where I got the recipe, so can't credit the original author. Pleasant vape though.

Pippi likes this.
  9. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

I had a Blackfire and Honey concentrate as well as just Blackfire , not sure if the same or not :shrug:
    I dabbled with it for a while but now it all goes to my mate who gets me to make up his brews regularly . ( he can't use internet etc and refuses to try anything else ! )

10. RC.

RC. Senior Member

There is a Black Fire, I don't know the brand name but I got it from Ecig Mod Shop a couple of years ago and it is a super concentrate

which is used at approximately 2% and it is a rather nice honey tobacco flavouring.

The TFA (?) concentrate is different I have heard, and is a sort of smoky ashy additive. I haven't tried this one as it didn't appeal to me.

Noe likes this.
  11. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

The Juice Factory have the super concentrate one & that is by far the better of the two ;)
    They both taste quite different.

RC. likes this.
  12. Dr Attila Danko

Dr Attila Danko V.I.P.

Yes, the ecigmodshop one is, I think, the same as the juice factory one. I've had both and fell in love with it when I first got it from ECMS. It's my boring 70% of the time vape, cheap as, no fuss, nice taste. I'm interested in trying the Flavorart one just because I know Flavorart has had the most testing of their flavors, well they did a few years ago. Just never got around to getting it.

RC. and Noe like this.
  13. Noe

Most people I know that have tried both prefer one over the other & the vast majority prefer the taste of the super concentrate version.
    I do like Flavor Art's testing & a lot of their flavors but their tobaccos are mostly underwhelming IMO.

RC. likes this.
  14. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Only just noticed this so therefore apologies for the late reply.

I bought a doubler from Sydney Vapour ages ago called Blackfire from which I deduced going from the picture was using FA Blackfire as a concentrate. I could be way off base here as its only my assumption.

In a nutshell I didn't like it and to my pallet it had zero tobacco taste. I can't honestly describe the taste other than it definitely wasn't for me.
    This is strange though because I normally enjoy FA tobaccos and in fact if indeed this is a FA it's the only one I flat out haven't liked.

However I also bought a FW concentrate called Virginia Fire cured which according to the description was a smokey tobacco flavour. I mixed it at 12% and it was nice but I thought a bit strong and overpowering.
    I settled on the recipe below after some experimenting;

6% FW Fire Cured
    1.5% FA Golden Rollie
    0.5% FA 7 leaves

I enjoy this and it certainly gives me that certain taste if you know what I mean.

I should add I believe my preference is for a stronger taste than most so perhaps a bit of experimentation may be prudent.

I should have named it DMs scaled nuts as promised a long time ago but as it had no actual nut concentrate I didn't.

I have now!

Edit..

Not scaled. I meant to say scalded as Emu and Mr.Dogman will recall the posts I'm sure.

How to put your foot in it because of not proof reading.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  15. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Thanks for this all!:thumbup:
    Totaly for got i made a mix with it just after i got it, its been in there steeping for a month in the back of the cubbord, might have to look through my notes to see how i mixed it (i have Totaly forgotten:scratch:) and give it a crack after i wick up a new tank will check back later;)

Aqualung likes this.
  16. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Well gave my black fire mix a go,
    :hmmm: Humm, found out im not really a big fan of smokey vapes it, don't get me wrong it wasn't un vapeabul, i had a good try half a tank or so, just not my cup of tea, maybe it was becouse it was a bit strong not sure :scratch:

What i turnd out like (bear with me:p)
    I used the same mix as my apple 4ry but replaced the 7 leaves with black fire at 2%

It was a intense dark slightly smokey tabaco flavor with just a hint of sweetness almost maple like and a full mouth feal like a a strong pipe tabaco.

Some one who likes a strong tabaco taste would probably like it but it was a bit to much for me, as im not to keen on strong tobacco flavors, will get hubby to give it a try when he gets home see what he thinks :)

Noe and Gasman like this.
  17. Noe

Nothing like what you would have got with the super concentrate version.
    It would have been a slightly creamy, mildly sweet tobacco, with no smokey tones.

18. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Yea this one is definitely got a smoky tone to it, almost smoked pipe tabacco, like pop left his pouch to close to the camp fire taste

19. emu

emu Banned

That blackfire is strong, just a few drops in 30ml was enough for me when I tried it, I added a few drops of Pistachio and Joy to the same bottle and let it steep for a month and it's beautiful.