1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Coral Gartner's Study: Last Call!

Discussion in 'Research, Health and Legal' started by Angela, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Angela

Angela ...

Hi friends. I know that most people here are aware of The International Tobacco Control (ITC) Vaping Policy Study being conducted by Coral Gartner from the University of QLD, and there are already threads about it. However Coral has contacted VCA to let us know that the study is still short of the required 500 participants.

I imagine there are a few willing guinea pigs here who have just let it slip their minds. I confess that I haven't got around to signing up myself! I'll be fixing that oversight very shortly. :nod:

This is very worthwhile research as you all know, and likely to produce some pretty positive findings, so let's all get behind it and support the researchers. You can participate online just answering questions. No need to go to a laboratory for dissection - yet. :)

This is the final week to complete the Study. Please consider participating and filling in the survey by 28 October to be included in the prize draw.

To find out more and participate please visit http://bit.ly/UQITVPS

Channel Ten ran a short news item about the study which you can view here: https://tenplay.com.au/news/brisbane/2016/10/17/researchers-look-into-e-cigarettes

PS. If you have already signed up and received a PIN – please check your email for your unique URL to re-access the survey.

Thanks all. :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    Jennifer, BakerB, Maria and 5 others like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Good job, it only takes 15mins - did it a few weeks ago, really worthwhile.

RC., Angela and emu like this.
  3. emu

emu Banned

Me to, early August and it wasn't hard to do.

RC., Pippi and Angela like this.
  4. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

After a stuff up on my end I managed to complete it too.

This is vitally important research for all vapers to take part in. We will never be left in peace to get on with helping people switch from smoking (for the people who want to switch) and being able to easily access all the vaping stuff we need/want until it is proven that what we all say is true. I know, it is frustrating that people have the power to interfere with our choices but this is the only way to shut Chapman and his ilk up. We need to help researchers prove the bleeding obvious so it is important to help them prove it and we are the only ones who can.

If they can't get the minimum numbers I'm not sure they can go on with the research and Chapman will be free to write any rubbish he wants to.

Spread the word to any vapers you know. These researchers can see the potential benefit of vaping, the least we can do is support them to prove it.

Jennifer, Angela, RC. and 2 others like this.
  5. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Can I copy and paste your words Judith?

6. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

LOL Do whatever you want with them, they are not exactly literature but I am flattered that I seemed to say something you found useful.

Pippi likes this.
  7. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Did it quick and easy.

emu, Pippi and Judith like this.
  8. RC.

RC. Senior Member

You guys must be expert survey filler-inna's.

It took me a lot lot longer than 15minutes.

Noe and Judith like this.
  9. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

Just completed the survey. Took me longer than 15 minutes as well, maybe because I keep thinking every questions could be a trick question.
    I also ran into issue at the start where it said there's no survey for me :( but after selecting the other tick boxes, the URL and PIN to the survey appeared.

Judith likes this.
  10. Angela

Angela ...

I'm doing it now - answering questions about my "current quit attempt". :scratch:

I've been vaping for over 4 years now and don't really consider myself to be attempting to quit anything. But I shall soldier on. It's quite fun actually. :)

Judith likes this.
  11. RC.

RC. Senior Member

The current quit attempt one got to me as well, as mine was nearly 7 years ago.:hmmm:

I mentioned that at the very end in the comments box.

Angela likes this.
  12. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Me too.
    The money now or later question got tougher as the time frames and amounts changed

Judith and Angela like this.
  13. Angela

Angela ...

I'm sure I went all over the place with that one too, but they didn't have the option I wanted. I'd rather have $1000 now and another $500 each month.

Aqualung likes this.
  14. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Excuse my stupidity but I registered and completed a survey which was a very short and simple one?

I gave my email address and received my PIN and URL ( whatever the hell a URL is) and received an email.

The email just thanks me,gives some details and informs that I shall be asked to complete three surveys over five years.

Am I missing something or have I completed one survey already as it really was very basic and appeared to me to be more like a registration of sorts?

15. Angela

Angela ...

The URL is the internet address. Copy and paste that into the address bar on your browser and it will take you to the survey page. :)

Gasman likes this.
  16. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Ahh ok the copy and paste dramas.

I've got to get myself into the current century and learn this stuff.
    It's embarrassing now.

Give me a bit of pipe and some tools any day.

Thanks.

Pippi, Judith, DogMan and 1 other person like this.
  17. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Completed. Only thing worthy of note was I lumped snus in NRT but commented on that.

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Judith and Angela like this.
  18. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Managed to negotiate the cut and paste thingy but then got a does not recognise the bloody lot of gobbledygook numbers and letters.

I re registered for what it's worth and will wait to receive that email.

Edit.

Just thought does it make any difference that I registered on my iPad but attempted to log on/ complete it on the house computer?

DogMan likes this.
  19. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

No way! My amount stayed the same but the time frame kept on increasing.
    I got jibbed... they only offered me $500 now haha

Pippi, Angela and DogMan like this.
  20. DogMan

DogMan Butler

500 now or 1000 later. My cut off was 6 months.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Aqualung likes this.