distilled water

Discussion in 'Juice Chat' started by crispernator, Sep 19, 2016.

1. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

Hi all ,ok just been looking at a recipe for licorice abasinthe and it calls for distilled water as part of the mix ,is this the same as the stuff you put in your battery or is it some super fancy water you have to buy from a supplier .This is a funny one as it says it is licorice abysinth but it has no licorice in it ,menthol and sweetner and absinthe and disstilled water but no licorice am i missing something here ?

2. DogMan

DogMan Butler

garden variety distilled water

alternative to pg/vg, produces very little vapour, with less throat hit than pg

they used to say don't add more than 12%, not sure if that is because water is conductive and could cause a short, or another reason

3. emu

emu Banned

Pure water does not conduct electricity.

4. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

To be honest, I have no idea but I have avoided adding water to any of my juices.

5. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

DW! Na.... Just add loads of alcohol, like vodka! :rofl:
    Oh..It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

6. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Honestly, you don't need the water in the mix, you can substitue the water for PG or VG.
    I suspect this is a "PG free" recipe?
    The reason I suspect that is because high VG often doesn't wick well & the addition of a little DW or Alc makes it flow/wick better.
    If it is I would just add PG (or Vodka if you want like Charles suggested) to the mix & perhaps drop the VG % down a little more(maybe 5-10%) & replace the VG with PG too.

Absinthe has a liquorice -like taste but it is not liquorice, if you have real liquorice & A=absinthe side by side you can definitely taste differences.

Using water is ok below 5% but it may cause a metalic taste in your vape because; water + air + heat on metal coils = oxidation/rust/corrosion

Edit: sorry just saw this was an old thread that @Charles Vaper recently dredged up but the info is still relevant for any juice recipe that calls for Distilled Water.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017