Doggie, pls :facepalm:

Discussion in 'Juice Chat' started by DogMan, Jan 22, 2018.

1. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

You know how vaping has absolutely no gateway effect :shake:

Well, I've been reading again on the whole tobacco experience other than nic, and found some interesting things.

The harmala alkaloids are a big part of tobacco pleasure, maybe not addiction or dependence of tobacco, but pleasure.

An alternate source of these is passionflower [passiflora]

At this point, you are no doubt thinking that if this was good, it would be more popular by now, and I agree. Until i backtraced it, and found it was not unpopular from around 2008-2011, prior to ECF admins deciding that since passionflower extract is sold as a supplement with medicinal qualities, talking about it would confuse the FDA and push vaping towards medicalisation. Which from what I can tell is why they banned discussion of it, but have since then forgotten why and just close threads that mention it.

Some early vapers used this *instead of* nic, being cheaper and at the time easier to source.

A liquid extract is called a tincture, which are generally alcohol based. But there are VG based ones for allergy sufferers, which suit our purpose. My first order is through this aus stockist http://shop.newdirections.com.au/He...Passionflower-Liquid-Extracts-Glycerine-Based

I ordered 100 grams, they measure by weight. for conversion, 1 ml is 1 cubic centimeter, which weighs around 1.2-1.3 grams. I'm sure the measure by weight crowd know the exact weight.

Some of the alkaloids are the same as in WTA, which has 5 or 6 alkaloids, but it misses one [the "a" one i can't think of] and adds a few.

It was $9 + post for the 100 grams. I shouldn't really have spent that until i can confirm a cost on a custom wallet that is in production, but i've had too much coffee, so suffer in yer jocks :sillygrin:

Yes, vaping is a non smoking aid, and i haven't smoked in over 4 years. But vaping is also about pleasure, and this is a/cheap and b/legal

I'll post updates once i try it. Early ECF and reddit threads say try the tincture at 10% of your eliquid. Some say taste is "pleasantly fruity, better than tobacco" others say it tastes rather nasty :rofl:

... possibly my longest ever post. I'll endeavour to add some links at some point that have a bit more authority than my rambling, but I haven't found any sciencey type studies, just yobbos on forums etc.

:bowdown:

btobw, margyb, Pippi and 4 others like this.
  2. emu

emu Senior Member

We used to make passionflower tea back in my hippie days, good for sleeping when I ran out of the other herb :sleeping:

DogMan likes this.
  3. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I use Passionflower in my herbal mix tea every night.
    I also make a tincture of it with other stuff.

I have tried it with a herbal vaporiser too but not as satisfying as other herb.

DogMan, margyb, Pippi and 1 other person like this.
  4. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Shipped already. ETA by Thursday

RC. and emu like this.
  5. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pippi and RC. like this.
  6. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

[​IMG]

Pippi and RC. like this.
  7. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Tried it first at 10%. Could tell it was there.

Then dripped some straight. First toke I certainly felt.

No TH or taste. No huge head spin. More of a funny sense of calm, and clear thinking.

Which is good since my thought patterns have been unhealthy this morning.

Won't make rash claims. Distraction is also good for clearing thoughts. But stopped ruminating lol.

Sitting here now, I have a decreased urge to vape.

Pretty cool. Not an OTT feeling, just... Calm, and clear headed :om:

Pippi and RC. like this.
  8. RC.

RC. Senior Member

That is a great adventure Doggie, love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  9. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

[​IMG]

:)

wondering if this could replace, or at least supplement WTA

need to experiment with mixing and percentages, but i like it

the body scrub gift smells pretty strong, but nice in a kinda spicy way

Pippi, emu and RC. like this.