1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

E-Cigarette user - attitudes to tobacco smoke & temptation to return to smoking

Discussion in 'Research, Health and Legal' started by The Vaper, Sep 27, 2016.

1. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

I did a poll of Twitter users in regard to "E-Cigarette user - attitudes to tobacco smoke & temptation to return to smoking: A survey of 34 Twitter contributors in week long survey started September 17th, 2016".

The result was:

[​IMG]

So while e-cig users were evenly divided on now liking / disliking the smell of tobacco smoke, < 10% were tempted to return to smoking.

Source:

Maria likes this.
  2. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Well done.
    You gotta get a bigger sample.
    Oh wait, only our antagonists have the resources, usually gov't supplied, to do that.
    Still a nice snapshot

DogMan and The Vaper like this.
  3. Steve H

Steve H Member

I'm on the dislike side and no way am I tempted to go back on the stinkies !

The Vaper likes this.
  4. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

It was only after I posted the poll that I realised I couldn't vote in it either! But for me ..I have no problems being around smokers & their smoke. But also not in the slightest bit tempted to return to smoking just from smelling tobacco smoke.

Ironically, while sitting out among the smokers one night at the local pub, one (very drunk) lady was going off her head at ..someone. She was looking in my general direction & I kept looking behind me, trying to figure out who she was angry at. It wasn't till the next day (when she was sober) that I got to find out that she absolutely detested the smell of my salted caramel vape! She's fine with the almond or espresso scented vapes, but salted caramel - she hates. Now when I go to the pub, I make sure not to take it. ;)