1. Rest in peace, Aqualung. Thank you for the magic.
    Dismiss Notice

Egrip OLED USB Charge Port

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by Algor, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Algor

Algor New Member

Hi Guys

I have a question regarding the new Egrip OLED.

I anybody aware of or if the USB charge port has been upgraded on the new Egrip??

I love the mod and have been through two of the older version because the charge port did not hold up. I would get another only if the port was stronger.

Thanks

Algor

2. Dalork

Dalork Senior Member

It's not that hard to fix the USB port problem if you have a soldering iron and a small bit of silicone or rubber. Just a matter of soldering the USB connector back on and then putting a bit of silicone or rubber wedged in against the USB connector so it doesn't move or break solder connections again. The problem is only 2 side connections of the USB port are used/soldered, so the port flexes when used. That's what the idea of a bit of silicone/rubber is for to wedge and stop the port flexing on it's solder joints.

I'm fairly sure that after the very first release of eGrip's (CS model) they did address the issue. From what I read somewhere the CS Oled, CL Oled and VT Oled with TC should all be better one would hope.

If not I would think the simple mod of putting the silicone/rubber wedge in should sort it. I only just noticed this isn't a new thread lol, sorry all but I do like these little Egrip's. bloody beaut little vape and handy as for out 'n about vaping. Good flavour too, the new temp control VT model is only just new out but I have one on order myself as the internal vent pipe can now also be removed for cleaning and better access to the tank inside as well from above to clean. Also meant to be improved air flow and well Temp control with Ni and Ti coils, can't wait to try mine when slothtech get it to me.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    Nico and Laughter and emu like this.
  3. Dalork

Dalork Senior Member

Oh just a word of warning/help if you do try repairing the eGrip's USB port. Set the power dial at the 20w setting so when you disassemble/reassemble and refit the fire button/control ring you know what the setting was and what position to have the control ring back at when refitting. Would be a PITA if you think your at 20w and are only getting 8w of power lol, no clouds for you :rofl:

Nico and Laughter and emu like this.
  4. emu

emu Banned

Good advice Dalork

Dalork likes this.