Flavorah's New Flavours

Discussion in 'DIY Flavours, Mixing, Recipes' started by Charles Vaper, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Today, I received all 27 of the new flavours (15 ml bottles) to review for both Flavorah and Juice Factory. I'll be posting flavour notes for them on my site, Flavorah's site and Juice Factory, although this will take some time.

If anyone is interested in knowing my thoughts/flavour notes on any specific flavour, please let me know so I can bump them to the top of the list for testing.

Many seem to be unaware of the impact Flavorah has made on the DIY community. Their tobaccos are superb, as are many of their fruits and dessert vapes. They are leading the pack in many areas and I'd strongly suggest you investigate them.

Here are the flavours I received -

Flavorah Amaretto Sour
    Flavorah Apricot
    Flavorah Blackberry Blossom
    Flavorah Brulee
    Flavorah Carrot
    Flavorah Cherry Blossom
    Flavorah Graham Cracker
    Flavorah Granola
    Flavorah Hazelnut
    Flavorah Lembas Bread
    Flavorah Morning Mimosa
    Flavorah Moscoto
    Flavorah Nectarine
    Flavorah Oak Barrel
    Flavorah Pastry Zest
    Flavorah Peppermint
    Flavorah Popcorn
    Flavorah Pucker
    Flavorah Red Velvet
    Flavorah Root Beer
    Flavorah Sangria
    Flavorah Smoked Butterscotch
    Flavorah Smooth Vanilla
    Flavorah Sugar Orchid
    Flavorah Sun Cookie
    Flavorah Vanilla Bean
    Flavorah Wheat

rupert, Noe and Gasman like this.
  2. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

As far as I can tell there's no tobaccos amongst the list which would be my request.

On reading the list it appears they actually tell you what the flavours are for the most part without attaching some rediculous non descript name which means stuff all to anybody glancing.

Sun Cookie and Oak Barrel seem to jump out at me.
    I had a Red Velvet doubler from Juice Whore many moons ago which I enjoyed but my wife didn't like the aroma so much.
    Therefore I'd appreciate your opinion on those Charles.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Pippi likes this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Yes - I just looked at the list too - not much in tobacco flavor. more recommendations would be great for Baccy lovers.

Gasman likes this.
  4. Charles Vaper

Hi there, Gasman. I'll taste test those tomorrow as well as a ready to vape test also; will update later tomorrow. Their tobaccos are extraordinarily good, some superb. In particular, Cured Tobacco, Red Burley, Oriental Tobacco, Native tobacco and Kentucky Blend are exceptional!

The Bourbon flavour from them is excellent too. Doesn't impart much straight bourbon per se, but more bourbon soaked wood; amazing for tobacco recipes.

Gasman and Pippi like this.
  5. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Which would be the mildest of those you just listed Charles?

6. Charles Vaper

Their tobacco's, which where released some time ago, are exceptional. No NET's, but for concentrates, there's nothing better imho. Inawera has one or two, as do Flavourart, but Flavorah is making quite a name for excellent tobaccos, as with many of their profiles.

7. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Without checking (although I will later) I believe you once told me Juice Factory had some and were getting more so I'm assuming this is that time.

I actually want to get a peach concentrate , probably TFA juicy peach, so might just see what juice factory have in stock.

Have to face the wrath of her who is to be obeyed though as my Vandy Vape Berserker arrived today and didn't exactly receive a fan fare shall we say.

8. Charles Vaper

Probably Cured, depending on percentages and steep of course. I like to use it with Kentucky and or red burley for an excellent tobacco base.

Pippi likes this.
  9. Charles Vaper

Yes, Juice Factory has an extensive range of Flavorah's tobacco's, as well as the other profiles. They're more expensive than other concentrates, partly due to quality, partly due to such a high concentration.

(I'm loving my new Vandy Vape Pulse 22 dripper, excellent as a flavour tester!)

Gasman likes this.
  10. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I like the sound of Kentucky Blend and Native Tobacco.

11. Charles Vaper

Oh yes, superb! I'm mixing with Kentucky almost daily. Native is - Slightly wet, earthy with a exhale of leather like taste. Some spice to add that extra dimension and close to a mild cigar, almost.

Gasman likes this.
  12. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Not sure about the leather taste but spice and mild cigar work.

13. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Vanilla Bean
    Smooth Vanilla
    Oak Barrel
    Cherry Blossom
    Those 4 sound interesting to me & WTF is Moscoto?

Charles Vaper likes this.
  14. Charles Vaper

Hi Noe, the Moscoto is a white wine, just spelt differently. I'll be testing those today and update. Not too keen on the oak barrel so far, much prefer their bourbon which impairs a really nice woody note with a touch of bourbon, or FA's Oakwood of course.

Noe likes this.
  15. Charles Vaper

flavour notes

Cherry Blossom
    A floral type cherry, very nice as a mixer with other cherries. Can taste the leaf too. Somewhat earthy. Certainly, needs help if to be used as a full-on cherry.

Smooth Vanilla

There's a Perkins paste aroma to it that I find off-putting. Not a good vanilla, very artificial taste and the vanilla just isn't vanilla. (It may well be that I somehow got a bad batch so awaiting news on that)

Vanilla Bean
    A darker vanilla like vanillin yet softer, lighter than TFA vanilla swirl. Excellent, really really good! Not a solo flavour, great additive.

Sun Cookie
    A zesty, lemon curd styled lemon sugar cookie. Slight nuts and earth taste. Great for blending with other flavours for pies and or cookies that require that lemon profile. For what it is, it's very well done.

Oak Barrel
    Fairly mild flavour. Not as strong as FA's Oak Wood, although still a good additive for tobaccos. A small amount of sweetness to it which can work well. I get a distinct wood chip aroma with no spice or wood char in the tasting. Good for a secondary note of oak and wood. Flavorah's Bourbon is better imo, as is FA's Oak Wood, but only if you're wanting a more robust wood.
    Using over 1.5 % seems to dry out certain tobaccos.

BTW Gasman, the red velvet is a wonderful cake base and up there with Pound Cake from FW or Jungle flavors.

16. Noe

Hmm so given the added expense of Flavorah concentrates, it seems to me that those ones you listed are hardly worth trying, there are substitutes that would work equally well for less expense.
    Would that be a reasonable assessment?

Gasman likes this.
  17. Charles Vaper

Yes, I must say that this batch isn't the best of what they have. With the exception of their Vanilla Bean, it's excellent. However, a number of the other new ones are really very good. I'll get to those soon.

Gasman likes this.
  18. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Thanks for your efforts and sharing Charles.

Not that I've ever met you but I guessed you were an honorable person and by your honest replies and opinions you've reinforced my belief.

Put a few concentrates in a Juice Factory cart last night.
    I could have broke the wheels on the thing if I'd have loaded it up as I would like but suspect a few more might still creep in before I get to actually buy them.

[​IMG]

One thing I noticed with Flavorah is their prices are not uniform like others which is what it is but different to what I've seen before.

19. Noe

Having met Charles last week, I can honestly say he is a real gentleman, his opinions are definitely honest & his own, without influence.

I have tried a few Flavorah concentrates & in some cases they were worthwhile, being either unique or better than other concentrates, though in other cases they are very similar to cheaper brands & not worth the added expense.
    Their pricing seems to be up & down due to the cost to produce each flavor, which I don't mind at all & think it is better than if they just priced all their flavors identically based on the most expensive to produce.

Charles Vaper and Gasman like this.
  20. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I agree Noe and thought that their pricing must reflect the true cost.
    The few Inawera tobaccos that I've tried have been very good and have the impression that Flavorahs might be similar.

Not sure about the peach but I've not tried any peach concentrates so I can't compare it to anything.

As ever I experimented with a bit of Vapoureyes Midnight on the farm, a tobacco and a cream and loved the taste so am thinking perhaps a peach tobacco might work.

Charles Vaper likes this.