G'day from Ballarat

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MetalOz, Oct 15, 2016.

1. MetalOz

MetalOz Senior Member

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well.

I only started vaping about 6 months ago as an attempt to get off the analogue cigs. I'm not completely off the analogies, but am down to around 1 ciggie per day and reducing.

I also recently started delving into the DIY side of things as well as dripping, I bought a Mutation X v5 a few days ago, and love it.

Donna, KayP, iamTezr and 5 others like this.
  2. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Welcome @MetalOz quite normal keep vaping and you will get there. Took me a month to get used to vaping. That was in the days cataory one vapes. I have not touched a ciggy since Jan. 2004.

Moving towards a tobacco free World!

MetalOz likes this.
  3. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Hello MetalOz and welcome. Daylesford/Ballarat seems to have the largest population of vapers in Australia. Good job from Victory Vape and the other local vapers spreading the word. Don't stress about the analogue, most of us have been there and some still are. Glad you have found a mod you love.

Dr Attila Danko, Pippi and MetalOz like this.
  4. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Welcome mate :) Well done on the ciggie reduction.

Yay, another DIY'er! Ill be keen to see some stuff you are working on :)

I take ti from your name your into metal?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    Pippi, MetalOz and Old Grump like this.
  5. MetalOz

MetalOz Senior Member

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to learning and getting to know everyone.

@Old Grump Great work being off the ciggies for 12 years, I can't wait to be free of them!

@Judith It seems that there is a lot of Vapers in this area. I'm pretty new to Ballarat, I'm from the city originally. Steve and Stacey at Victory are amazing. They really know their stuff when it comes to vaping. I always go out there for all my hardware and juices.

@rupert I'm really new to the DIY, I'm still mixing recipes on e-liquid-recipes.com etc, but will hopefully learn more about flavour blending and come up with a few flavours of my own.
    You guessed right, I love my Metal. I've been involved in the music industry here since the mid 80s and host a weekly radio show. I do graphic design for a few Australian bands as well but I limit what I do these days due to health reasons.

Flea, Maria, Pippi and 4 others like this.
  6. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

\m/(O-0)\m/

Pippi and MetalOz like this.
  7. Angela

Angela ...

iamTezr, Maria, Pippi and 3 others like this.
  8. MetalOz

MetalOz Senior Member

My wife and I are both very interested in coming to the meet. We missed last years one as we weren't vaping then. I'm sure we will drop in for a few hours. :D

9. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Hi Mr Oz, what strength juice & what gear are you using?
    Gear/juice strength improvements can help you get over that final coffin nail each day. Also WTAs may help if nic strength/gear doesn't do it.

A lot of it though, I think is habit, our minds find certain rituals comforting, making the habit hard to break completely. For that you can train yourself to have a new habit, like if having a cancer stick right after dinner is your thing, then instead have your vapes sitting by your seat in the lounge & instead go watch a favorite show & vape, do it a few times over a few days & you won't miss that after dinner stinky.

MetalOz, rupert and Angela like this.
  10. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Hi Metal, it would be great to see you at the Ballarat Vape meet - its from 1pm to 6pm and then a few of will continue on.
    We are a friendly bunch and its going to be a relaxed meet. :)

Angela likes this.
  11. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Ps, I have a heap of premium US and Oz juices that I will never use as I only like tobacco flavoured juice. I have really tried to embrace all the flavours but its just not for me. Planning on taking it to the meet to give away.

Maria and Angela like this.
  12. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Hi MetalOz and welcome to the nicest forum,Everyone is so friendly and many D.I.y expertise.:)

Angela likes this.
  13. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Hello MetalOz and welcome.

I'm sure a visit to the upcoming meet would be something that you'd enjoy and would be worth the effort if at all possible for you.

Anyway welcome to the wonderful world of vaping.

Maria, Angela and Pippi like this.
  14. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

Hey there MetalOz.
    Welcome to the forum. It'll be good to see you at the next meet up (in 2 weeks?). There's a lot of great people in here and I'm sure you'll have a great time here as well as vaping :)

Angela and Pippi like this.
  15. MetalOz

MetalOz Senior Member

I've got a few bits and pieces here. I use a Joyetech AIO with 1.5 Clapton Coils, I also have a Krixus RTA and I recently bought the Mutation X rda. My wife uses the Aspire K1.
    We only use 0mg juices, my wife has taken a liking to the fruit flavours, I recently made a Dragons Blood clone which is her ADV, and she likes her NET tobaccos too. I prefer the desert flavours, my main vape in my RDA is Hobo Joes Grime. I'm still searching for an ADV, I'll be making some Custard flavours in the next few weeks to try, and still looking for a good Donut flavoured juice.

I agree that its all about changing habbits. I'm still getting used to going to my vape instead of my ciggies lol. But it does get easier.

Maria, Angela, Noe and 1 other person like this.
  16. MetalOz

MetalOz Senior Member

We will definitely be coming along to the meet at the end of the month. It will be great to meet some of you in person. It sounds like last years meet worked out well, im looking forward to being there this year.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!!

iamTezr, Angela, Posterboy and 2 others like this.
  17. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Hmm you are using 0mg juice, that is undoubtably more difficult than using nic in your juice. If you were to use even 2mg/ml or 4mg/ml juice you'd find that craving for a cancer stick easier to ignore.
    Nicotine is not the big demon that kills you when you smoke, it's the smoke that does the most harm, nicotine can be quite beneficial for some people when taken without smoke.
    Myself I have no problem with using 24mg/ml juice & feel all the benefits of having quit smoking, I quit smoking the day my kit arrived almost 6 years ago & I know that without the nicotine I could not have done that so easily.

That one cancer stick per day, on just one day, is doing more harm to you than a year's worth of vaping with even 24mg/ml juice. So if you vape & don't smoke, your are 365 years better off than having one smoke per day.

Donna likes this.
  18. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

So is everyone else in the vaping community :D

Let me know when you find it!

Adrian Grace and MetalOz like this.
  19. MetalOz

MetalOz Senior Member

I ordered FA Wow, but haven't had much success, and Bronuts is far from ADV material lol.. I'll defintely let you know if I come across anything decent.

rupert likes this.
  20. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Yeah man, Ive got wOw and all I taste is a doughy marzipan.
    Also tried Bronuts and am not a fan either....

I've done at least 10 iterations of doughnut and the closest I have come so far is with CAP Glazed Doughnut and FW Yellow Cake in a mix.
    I am playing around with CAP Funnel Cake now, and from initial tests it is more promising :)

DogMan likes this.