1. Rest in peace, Aqualung. Thank you for the magic.
    Dismiss Notice

Geekvape Avocado RTA

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Stomp, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Stomp

Stomp Pirate

Just thought I would start a thread in case anyone has one of these and wants to throw up some info. I have one on the way so will add some info later...post away Avo owners.

http://www.geekvape.com/project/avocado/

rupert and Pippi like this.
  2. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

I have seriously tossed up dropping the $ on one of these - they look like a great bit of kit.
    My only worry is that they will leak like a MoFo.

Anyone have any insight on the leak factor???

I love the idea of an RDA based tank system, velocity style deck, as opposed to a tank base with a rebuildable section (if you get my drift). I always thought the genesis style were crap until seeing this.

Stomp likes this.
  3. Posterboy

Posterboy Senior Member

Reminds me of the nectar (?colibri) atty / dripper, which I've been looking out for.

rupert likes this.
  4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I believe @KayP ordered one of these or it may have been another forum member but I'm sure I saw a post saying someone has.

I checked out the design, it looks interesting there is a cheaper, similar tank the HCigar Fodi, the Avocado looks to be the better design to me just from the aesthetics. From what I have read they both perform very similarly. I don't think they would leak much if you wicked them properly.

Stomp and rupert like this.
  5. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

The HCigar Fodi looks to have a vape band as part of the airflow control though?... which is a killer for me.

Im not experienced with the wicking of these type of systems, but the design looks as though there is not enough of a vacuum created to prevent liquid leaking out if tipped upside down of left on its side?
    Is that correct?

6. Noe

I'm not sure what the vape band is for, I didn't look at it in detail but i did notice it had one. The design doesn't look as good to me, I prefer the looks of the Avocado.

Leaks would really depend on how well you wick the device, the small air inlet for the tank won't allow much juice to escape if you have those wick holes plugged well because it relies on vacuum, similar to if you turn a dripper bottle full of juice upside down, the small hole doesn't allow juice to pour out until you squeeze the bottle.
    If you wick it too loosely it is going to leak easily & of course if you don't regularly lay your devices on their sides it isn't going to leak at all I don't think.

I could be wrong about it, having never tried or held one but I think that is how it will work.

Stomp and rupert like this.
  7. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Yes, I've placed an order for the Avocado, but it's with FT so I won't have it for a while. I do have its bigger brother though, the Griffin.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

rupert likes this.
  8. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Solid, thanks @Noe

Hijack Avocado Thread--------

How do you find the Griffin @KayP ?
    I have thought about either this or the Cirus as a tank (I use the Kanger subtank as a tank when I need something that is not a dripper now - good flavour and rebuildable).

I enjoy using RDA's for the most part, but if there is a tank that can actually live up to the flavour and vapour production of a good dual coil dripper, I'm in!!!!

</hijack>

9. Noe

They are completely different tanks, the only way they are related is by brand.

10. Posterboy

Posterboy Senior Member

The billow v2 nano is getting close.

rupert likes this.
  11. KayP

KayP Senior Member

I started off on the Subtank Mini in December and I loved it because it produced good flavour, and because it helped me quit smoking. Then I felt I had to move on to something stronger. Right now I'm using mostly my Aromamizer. My Griffin is soaking in vodka right now, I'll let you know my thoughts on it later.

Please be advised: I have been living with vaper's tongue since early January. Whilst it has been on and off, my taste has not been as sharp as it was during my initial weeks of vaping. So I will not be able to comment on flavour production.

Sorry guys for hijacking the thread.

rupert likes this.
  12. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Yes Noe, they are. Is the Avocado a jenny?

13. Stomp

Stomp Pirate

Ok..so here's the good oil. This thing is a little gem. Very very well machined , everything is tight like it should be. It has a choice of two dt's, I prefer the peak/ plastic wider one opposed to the stainless as there is very little heat transfer. Ive only single wicked it as thats what I prefer and being 3ml may help in not running dry so quick. Ive had it ipside down, on its side an no leaks. I used a fair amount of cotton but in saying that im still able to fill it down the side of the wick it disturbs it a bit but just push it back with the nozzle. Easy peasy. I love the velocity style deck, it literally took 3 mins to wick n fill. The wick hole falls directly in line with the fire button on the mini volt so by default it wicks as you tilt whan have a hit.
    Im running a 1ohm coil around 25w and its nice n smooth.
    You can get away with mtl but like essentially its dl atty. Pretty moist on restricted airflow mtl'ing. Maybe putting a lot of cotton in it and restricting the capillary action may wk out better. Dont know. What I do know is ill be getting a couple more. Well worth it. Sexy little thing it is.

Noe likes this.
  14. KayP

KayP Senior Member

I enjoyed it till I got to the Mini Volt... GAAh! My dream has been stolen!!

Good review thanks for sharing, you thief (JK)

Stomp likes this.
  15. Stomp

Stomp Pirate

The mini volt an the Avo really look smart together. I gotta say tho the volt runs low real quick. More a tootle puffer device, keep the ohms higher and the wattage down and youd get a decent run I would imagine. Anyways, this is all about the Avo..go avo go go go..:rofl:

KayP likes this.
  16. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Might as well post a pic for the KO

Stomp likes this.
  17. Stomp

Stomp Pirate

Ok...will have to get lappy out as ph is beyond me posting pics

18. Stomp

Stomp Pirate

[​IMG]
    :sillygrin:

KayP and Jerry Hatrick like this.
  19. Noe

It's Genny & yes :)
    Well kind of, it's genesis style, a true genny uses SS mesh wick, to do that on the Avocado you'd need to make a U wick.

20. KayP

KayP Senior Member

That looks awesome. I'm keen getting myself a Mini Volt and pairing it with a small tank, like an Avodaco or Goblin Mini, and carry it around in my pocket when I'm out and about. The battery life is obviously an issue and a con, but it just looks so good :)