Golisi IMR 26650 3.7V 4300 Mah Batteries

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by Rayjay, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I own and vape a Geek Vape Aegis, which I love, the problem being with it that its chip is a power hungry bugger. I have tried it with Efest (Purple) 26650 batteries, and also Brillipower 26650 batteries both were not satisfactory and running my mod @50W with a twin coil 0.25ohm I was lucky to get 100 puffs out of the Efest or the Brillipower 26650 batteries.

The Golisi solved my problems and now I am a happy vaper. I can get up to 150-180 decent 3-5 second toots out of my mod before I need a recharge. Mooch has done a review on the Golisi and you can find it here.
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...a-great-31a-battery-close-to-the-ijoy.819859/

I do not know if these are re wraps of another brand even if they are I am happy with them.

I purchased mine here. https://www.aussie-ecigs.com/products/golisi-imr-26650-4300mah

Noe and emu like this.
  2. emu

emu Senior Member

All I think of is how scary it would be if a 26650 went into meltdown mode, I've seen how bad 18650's are when subjected to a dead short so I can imagine how much worse a big battery will be. :cry:

Noe likes this.
  3. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

No asks you to use it
    Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

4. Snidely_Whiplash

Snidely_Whiplash Member

The bigger the Batt, the bigger the Bomb.
    Yet smaller Batt's are inherently less stable, (smaller bomb, more likely to go off).
    It's a trade off folks, use a brand name regulated mod, with safety features.

KayP, Noe and Rayjay like this.
  5. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Exactly @Snidely_Whiplash I have never had a regulated mod vent a battery while vaping. The only issue I ever had with any mod in 4.5 years was a Smy180 God Mod using identical batteries of the same manufacturer and, using the mod's internal charger. One battery vented and destroyed the mod.

It is to this day debatable if it was a battery fault or the mods. Since that day I never use an internal charger of a mod who's batteries you can remove for charging.

El cheapo starter kits with built-in batteries I am wary of. Having said that, with the Penguin, Dolphin or the Eleaf brands never had a problem.

Always use external chargers for your batteries if you can and have them it in some protective box (fireproof) if by some very rare occasion shit happens. I follow this procedure Be it camera or mod batteries.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

6. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

The only time batteries vent is when there is an idiot user, I have been vaping nearly as long as you and only had one issue. Mech mods I would not touch with a 40'Barge Pole.

7. emu

emu Senior Member

I'd prefer 2 x 18650's in a mod, that way they last longer than a single batt mod and less risk.

Rayjay likes this.
  8. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

The Geek Vape Aegis will not take two batteries duh, it will accept an 18650, the brown ones are good, the only reason I like the Aegis is it is virtually indestructible. Waterproof and all the rest. Sure I busted a few tank glasses when I droped the bugger, but glass tanks cheaper to replace than a damn mod.

9. emu

emu Senior Member

Clumsy old penguin :rofl:

Rayjay likes this.
  10. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Now that I am forced to do a shit load of more outdoor activity, my mod is the indestructo. I vape on the go and not sit on my arse like an emu.

emu likes this.
  11. emu

emu Senior Member

I don't vape much any more, don't even take my vape outside these days. I do take it driving but only in the car, no need to take it outside the vehicle.
    Better things to do like going bush chopping up big jarrah logs for firewood and lugging it out of the bush, fixing mowers and lots of gardening...!
    Not much time for vaping. :hug:

Rayjay likes this.
  12. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Yeah ,yeah, and I believe in Santa Clause and the tooth fairy. :rofl:

emu likes this.
  13. emu

emu Senior Member

You got no teeth and Santa only comes to the well behaved.

14. emu

emu Senior Member

Better batten down, cape Grim just had a gust of 124 kmh, looks a bit windy at Duck creek :rofl:

15. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Cashed my teeth in years ago. Don't need Santa sugar mummy better.

16. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Fizzer as usual.

17. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Triple 18650 mod, with a DNA chip = much safer, better run time, about the same size & weight as that heavy 26650 dual, power guzzler.

18. Snidely_Whiplash

Snidely_Whiplash Member

Looks like you might need a DNA 250, S3 powered, Lunch Box !?!

19. emu

emu Senior Member

Twin coils are better powered with 2 or more batteries..!

20. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

If it's its indescribable I would be interested as I am getting old and clumsy.

Snidely_Whiplash likes this.