Have I done something wrong

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by auswi, May 18, 2018.

1. auswi

auswi New Member

I am still very new to vaping and I apologise if this question has been answered previously.

I orded a 100mg bottle of no flavoured nicotine from NZ which I got on Wednesday. I put the bottle in the fridge and today I picked up a bottle of Vapeboss Caramal Banana

https://vapeboss.com.au/collections/juice/products/caramel-bananas?variant=31573132993

As I was told it was a 30ml bottle I added 1.8mls of the nicotine into the 30ml bottle to get 6mg of nicotine and after trying it at 40-70 watts I get a absolutly terrible throat hit. I have tried this juice in two different tanks with different coils and I get a massive horrible throat hit.

Have I added too much nicotine or is it simply this flavour.

I shook up the bottle for a few minutes to mix it up

Auswi

Jimgray likes this.
  2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Firstly, you didn't mix up 6mg juice, close but it's a little less at 5.66mg, because maths:
    1.8ml x 100mg/ml = 180mg
    30ml+1.8ml = 31.8ml
    180mg/31.8ml = 5.66mg/ml

Stating the wattage & not telling us the ohms of the coil, isn't particularly useful, also there's a HUGE difference between 40W & 70W but I'm going to assume you meant you tried it at 40, 70 & at wattages inbetween. Still we need to know what ohms the coil is, because without that there is no way to tell if you're using too much power & causing the problem you describe.

You also don't mention the PG/VG ratio of the juice & this plays a big part in the amount of TH, 2 exact same flavored juices at different PG/VG ratios can have considerable difference in TH.

I vape at around 40W - 45W, with a juice with a 65/35 PG/VG ratio, which is 24mg/ml, in 2 different RTAs (tanks) - one at 0.35ohm, the other at 0.41ohm but I like a bit of TH.
    It is highly likely that I would hardly notice any TH coming from the nic in your juice at 5.66mg/ml, in my tanks, if I noticed it at all.
    So my first thought is that you are perhaps using a nickel wire coil meant to be used in TC mode, in wattage mode but then you say you used 2 different coils/tanks but you could still be using too much wattage for the ohm rating of those coils.

Try starting at 15W take a few puffs & see how that is, then if its too low jump up to 20W, 25W,30W etc testing at each time until you find a comfortable vape, then dial it in 1W at a time until you hit the sweet spot of where you like it most.
    Some flavors work better at lower wattages, others need a bit higher but generally the PG/VG ratio is more important than the flavor itself.

Another possibility, although I find it unlikely, is that you didn't mix the juice enough & got a much higher mg/ml of nic in the tank than what you thought you had made. This can happen with the "shake'n'vape" method but it would be highhly unlikely if you were shaking the bottle vigorously for a few minutes. Still it is best to leave a juice to sit for at least a day, to allow everything to combine evenly inside.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  3. auswi

auswi New Member

Hi Noe,

I am using a sub ohm 0.15 and tried from as low as 40 watts to 70watts. The coil works between 35 -70w but works best 45 -60w (NRG Sub Ohm Coil). The other coil i tried was a Freemax Fireluke mesh 0.15ohm 40-90w It does not say on the bottle but was told by the guy at the store closer to 70%VG/30%PG as it also sows on the website as it does not say doubler on the bottle

I tried at the lower wattages and got the same terrible TH. Could be that flavour

Noe can I wash out the new coils with the horrible flavour using hot water and add a new flavour or best to use a new coil

Cheers

Auswi

4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Ok, there's another consideration here, which I didn't mention before since I didn't know what ohms your coils are.
    If your coil is shorting out between wraps & it is already at such a low ohm range, it is going to be hard to discover simply by looking at the readout on screen.
    A partially shorted coil can give massive TH, usually accompanied by a metalic taste in the vape.

I would first try a new coil in at least 1 of your tanks, prime & soak it with some 100% plain VG (if you have it) or any PG/VG blend of flavorless nic free base, add about 1/2 a ml to the tank of the same & try vaping that through the new coil to see if there is the same problem or not. If not then empty the plain base juice out of the tank, part fill with the juice you mentioned above & see how that vapes.
    If you start to get the same thing as before, then empty the tank, remove the coil & wipe it clean(it shouldn't have much flavor absorbed into the wick after a little testing like this), then rinse the tank & dry it, put the coil you just tested with back in & fill with another juice.

The old coils can be sat in a cup of boiled water for 30mins or more & that will help clean the wick but the coils then need to dry somewhere safe for 24-48hrs to get all the water out of them, for best results.

MetalOz likes this.
  5. auswi

auswi New Member

Thanks will try that

Cheers

Auswi

6. Steve H

Steve H Member

Totally silly question did you buy a RTV (ready to vape) or a doubler ?

7. auswi

auswi New Member

Does no say but I believe it is a RTV

8. auswi

auswi New Member

The Throat Hit is massive, Some one mentioned that any Nicotine can cause massive TH in these flavours with Banana or Caramel.