1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Hi From Bacchus Marsh

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by suzy, Nov 13, 2016.

1. suzy

suzy New Member

Hello, I just thought I would introduce myself.
    I am new to vaping and got a Vape stick thingy from a stall at the markets. I am still smoking but hoping I can work out how to use this thing and quit smoking as I cant afford to smoke anymore.

Gasman, Judith, RC. and 2 others like this.
  2. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Hi suzy, and welcome to the Cafe!

I hope you didn't get ripped off at the markets..... They usual carry inferior "old tech".

Do you know what it is you actual have?

RC. and DogMan like this.
  3. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Welcome suzy :)

What nicotine strength are you using? The "stick" type devices tend to favour high nicotine, presuming you mean an ego style setup.

Not sure how far Daylesford is for you, but there is a good vape shop there called victory vape. Alternately Ace Vape in Carlton if that is closer.

MetalOz and RC. like this.
  4. suzy

suzy New Member

Thank you, I don't really know what it is but its quite small and you screw the charger thing into . The top part seems to be plastic and has white cotton strands in it.

RC. likes this.
  5. suzy

suzy New Member

Hello, I don't know about Nicotine - I bought some liquid but it doesn't smell very nice. Thanks for the tip about shops - I will try and get into Carlton I think. Are they friendly? will they help me?

RC. likes this.
  6. DogMan

DogMan Butler

does your set up look a bit like this?

[​IMG]

and yes, vape stores can be quite helpful

RC. likes this.
  7. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Welcome to VCA Suzy.

As you are very new to vaping here are some threads that may be very useful for you to read:
    http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/noes-list-newbie-shopping-guide-revised-2016-edition.2047/ this will give you an idea of what a good beginning kit would be, so that you have backup in case things go wrong.
    http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/t...ength-plus-technique-for-reduced-coughing.41/ this will help you understand what nicotine level you need in your juice to get off the cancer sticks & help you with your vaping technique (which is a little different to smoking).

RC. likes this.
  8. Angela

Angela Rebel Against the Sewing Machine

Welcome to VCA suzy. I definitely recommend getting to a vape shop and getting some good equipment. There's plenty of info here about nicotine, and how to import it. With the right equipment and juice that you like, you'll find it quite easy to cut down on the stinkies or even quit. :)

Maria and RC. like this.
  9. RC.

RC. Senior Member

Welcome Suzy,

People here will help you get sorted and as you can see they are on it already.

And it really helps to know what you bought so the help can get specific.

There is heaps of stuff out there these days and between everyone here a lot of it has been tried.

suzy likes this.
  10. suzy

suzy New Member

Yes, that's it.

Judith and DogMan like this.
  11. suzy

suzy New Member

Thank you. I will look but would rather buy Nicotine here - Hoping I can find where to buy it.

12. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Nicotine can't legally be sold in Australia :( Some market stalls do, but it tends to atrociously over priced, and inferior quality.

For the device, if you want a simple charge, fill, and vape setup, the joyetech AIO is widely regarded as a good transition kit for starters.

If you are more the type to dive in the deep end, something like the EVIC VTC mini gives more options. For this one you will need to purchase removable batteries, a charger, and a tank to sit on top.

The liquid, probably the majority of Aussies by high concentration unflavoured nicotine base from OS, then flavour concentrates and pg/vg locally to mix our own. But there are lots of juice vendors who sell premix [all os]

Gasman, Judith and Noe like this.
  13. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

It is illegal to sell nicotine ejuice in Australia, importing for personal use is the cheapest legal way to obtain it.

Judith likes this.
  14. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Hello and welcome suzy. As others have said it is illegal to sell nicotine in Australia so you will not find a reputable vendor doing it. The nicotine problem makes it much harder to switch but hopefully things will change in the future. You can buy nicotine legally online in Australia through Nicopharm. I have nothing whatsoever to do with the company in case you are wondering but it does make it much easier for people like you to access pharmaceutical grade nicotine relatively easily and quickly. It is a lot more expensive than DIY e-liquid but compared to smoking it is cheap. It is also important to use a good beginners mod and the Ego AIO DogMan mentioned is a good device. Good luck with finding your way through the maze of vaping in Australia and I hope it helps you stop smoking.

DogMan likes this.
  15. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

Welcome to the Cafe Suzy :)
    All I can say is... there's always a lot of love to our new members and everyone here is helpful with giving advices so don't be afraid to ask.
    As another member suggested, it is probably best to go into one of the Vape store and I'm sure they're just as friendly and helpful as we are.

DogMan likes this.
  16. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Hello suzy and welcome to the cafe. As suggested by our resident experts, you will have to eventually get your hands on e-liquid with nicotine, and quite possible better vaping gear, to maximise your success. Regardless, I wish you all the best and hope you'll manage to quit cigarettes.

17. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Hi Suzy, Welcome - I would also suggest visiting a proper vape store and buying a better starter kit, you can get a AIO for around $30 and it will make everything much easier for you. They will also give you some basic instructions on how to get started. I would avoid market stalls in the future if possible.
    There are lots of folk here that will also be able to give useful advise as you progress on your vaping journey.

Gasman and iamTezr like this.
  18. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Welcome Suzy to the cafe. Good place to be when you first start vaping. Good place to be anyway lol:) I have a vape pen works for me though a good quality vape pen is important to get the most out of it and to last. Buying nicotine e liquid as everyone has said is importing it for personal use. I find the vape pen after 4 years still gives me a solid throat hit which I personally prefer without lots of vapor which again is my personal preferance. I am sure you will have more questions and a lot of good people to guide through your vaping journey.Good on you for starting to vape.

Pippi, iamTezr and Judith like this.
  19. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Hi suzy.
    Relax, take a deep breath.
    Your best decisions so far have been to take the vaping plunge and introduce yourself here.
    There is a ton of information available in all sorts of threads, but none has to be accessed immediately.
    Everyone here will offer whatever support they can to help you get off the smokes, if that is your wish.
    Just ask.

Pippi, iamTezr and Maria like this.
  20. Jaz

Jaz Member

Hi Suzy,
    Welcome. I'm brand new to this forum. I just joined now lol. I've been vaping for 6 months now. If you have the right set up you won't go back to the smokes. Ace Vape have a shop in Tullamarine which is quite close to you. They'll set you up with the right stuff and advice. After that people on her can advise you of good online stores. I think for the first time you should go to a shop and get hands on advice. It'll save you a fortune and you'll get to experience how great vaping is.

Gasman, KayP, Pippi and 1 other person like this.