1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Ijoy 4200mah 30 amp 26650

Discussion in 'General Hardware Discussion' started by DogMan, Dec 3, 2016.

1. DogMan

DogMan Butler

I have 1 26650 mod. Sadly 26650 batteries have always lacked.

Just read the following review by mooch.

And pulse graphs are up there with the best 18650s. But with longer run time.

Might have to try these

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I don't own any 26650 mods, mainly because 18650's are generally superior batteries but this one looks good for use in a 26650 mod.
    It's a pity that Ijoy marked it as a 40A battery, when it should have marked it as a 30A battery, because a lot of uneducated users will see that 40A rating & possibly try to push the battery to that limit.
    However if, like you, the vaper knows this is really a 30A battery, then they could use it safely & get good results, with long run times on a single cell.

Personally, I still think Samsung 30Q 18650s are the "king" of batteries for power to cost ratio in vaping right now, 3000mah, capable of 20A output & not as heavy as a 26650 battery, with a slimmer profile - meaning your mod won't need to be so wide to accomodate the batts. Sure there are cheaper 10A rated cells but if you want to run anything above 30W, up to 60W, you can't beat the 30Qs.

DogMan likes this.
  3. DogMan

DogMan Butler

yeah, i'm mostly using parallel 18650 mechs now

have a nice rosewood 26er that could maybe benefit from these though. Should hopefully match up well with the 10ml juice bottle to swap both at the same time

4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Nice I like rosewood.
    Wish the GB prizes would hurry up & arrive, I want to try that squonk mod out lol.

DogMan likes this.
  5. Posterboy

Posterboy Senior Member

Im using the Ijoys in a vapedroid c1d2. Excellent response to TC on simple stainless coils.
    Seems to run more quickly to ramp and smoothly on those 26650 s compared to my 18650 which are the LG browns.

DogMan likes this.
  6. KayP

KayP Senior Member

A few months ago I did see Mooch's test results for the IJOY 26650 batteries, which are re-wraps essentially. Re-wraps of what? I do not know; in fact, I believe Mooch doesn't know either. Back then I was interested in them as I was contemplating adding more 26650 devices to my collection; however, the batteries were difficult to acquire.

Now the batteries are easier to locate and purchase, even from Australia vendors, but my interest has moved away from single battery devices; I ended up leaning more towards dual 18650 mods.

If I have the spare dough, I still may end up buying an IJOY 26650 for my Wismec Presa 100W. I do have a couple of good 26650 batteries for it already, Brillipower Green, but the mod is quick to display the infamous "Weak Battery" error message. The issue is common across a variety of 26650 devices and I am keen on finding out if the IJOY battery will help resolve it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    DogMan likes this.
  7. KayP

KayP Senior Member

I stand corrected: Batteries are NOT easier to locate and purchase, even from Australia vendors. A week ago I noticed the IJOY and Brillipower Green 26650 batteries show up on Victory Vape's website. They are now sold out..