India bans E-Cigarettes.....

Discussion in 'Politics, News, Media, Campaigns' started by fozz3d, Sep 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. fozz3d

fozz3d New Member

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/i...nsion-plans-of-companies-20190918-p52sro.html

This worries me.....I just don't get it. Hundreds of Thousands of people die of cigarette smoking illness, nothing gets done by governments, cause they get revenue from taxing cigarettes. But, a few people add THC and Vitamin-E oil to their juice and die....governments want to make them illegal.

Michigan and New York States have banned flavoured juice and now India as a whole......Governments are like sheep, once one does something, the rest will follow. Without research and looking at the facts.......

2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

India has a very "healthy" tobacco industry.
    If you think BT hasn't been putting pressure on their Govt. to ban vaping, then you're probably living in some kind of alternate reality.
    Reading that article, it says:
    This is IMO probably very true but not for reasons of protecting children from vaping, more for protecting BT's interests in tobacco sales.
    Third world countries have some of the highest smoking rates in the world, not just among adults but also children, their Govts. depend on the income generated from taxes & kickbacks from BT. So it makes complete sense for countries like India to do this, vaping does not generate the same monetary incentives to Governments as revenue from smoking does.

The US situation, while likely providing an impetus for India to go ahead with their ban, is, I believe, quite a different situation.
    Still we can look to the UK for hope & leadership where vaping is concerned (they're failing quite badly to solve their Brexit dilemma), they have the right approach.

3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

More information about this in this video: