1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Inquiry into the Use of Electronic Cigarettes and Personal Vaporisers

Discussion in 'Politics, News, Media, Campaigns' started by Nico and Laughter, May 25, 2017.

1. Angela

Angela ...

Going by that it should be ok to publish before but not after it's been submitted. But yeah, we need to be 100% sure.

I didn't get to read yours Doggie cuz I'm at work. :(

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Butler

i sent it to your inbox [and mr lung]

:blush:

i ignored benefits, since i never had any big health issues other than a cough from smoking, and spend more now than i did on chop chop

3. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Sorry if I have given a bum steer but I guess no harm done in being careful :hmmm:

margyb and DogMan like this.
  4. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

Ach! I've already got 5 pages of submission and haven't even approached the 'other matters' section in which I'm tempted to have a long, vicious rant about what the ANTZ might say and how it's wrong!

Trying to calm myself down so it can at least sound as though it's not coming from a completely crazy person. Or perhaps I can talk myself out of dong that and write something more constructive.

But I'm bloody tempted.. It'd be cathartic.

margyb likes this.
  5. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

6. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

7. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

I rang to clarify posting submissions in public which is a big NO NO

Have posted on AVF also

Ok Tim rang back
    Phone 0262774145. He's on public health committee

General gist

Make sure submission is addressed properly
    Do not post submissions in public view
    Write your own work, no copying and pasting or plaguarising
    Let experts give facts
    Give your story
    Ok to talk and give advice if hidden from public view

He's happy to be contacted to ask questions

Pippi, Flea, Judith and 2 others like this.
  8. DogMan

DogMan Butler

:kissing:

thanks

margyb likes this.
  9. Angela

Angela ...

Feel free anyone, to create a thread for the posting of submissions in the Activism section here, which is hidden from public view.

margyb and The Vaper like this.
  10. Angela

Angela ...

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  11. Angela

Angela ...

The Vaper likes this.
  12. margyb

I only just saw the media release re this enquiry
    Link

http://www.aph.gov.au/DocumentStore.ashx?id=b0a6d6eb-4836-4799-8d6b-9d1c47bb7ed0

E-Cigarette Inquiry Commences

The Australian Parliament’s Health, Aged Care and Sport Committee has commenced an Inquiry into the Use of Electronic Cigarettes and Personal Vaporisers in Australia.

The responsibility for the regulation of e-cigarettes is shared between the Commonwealth, State and Territory governments. Under this regulatory framework e-cigarettes containing nicotine are not uniformly available for commercial sale in Australia.

The Committee Chair, Mr Trent Zimmerman MP, stated ‘the Inquiry will investigate the health impacts of e-cigarettes and personal vaporisers, as well as their marketing and use as an aid for people attempting to quit smoking. The Committee will also consider the appropriate regulatory framework for these products in Australia.’

Internationally, e-cigarettes are legal in the European Union, the United Kingdom of Great Britain, and the United States of America, will be legalised in New Zealand, and are about to be regulated in Canada. ‘We will also look at international approaches to legislating and regulating the use of e- cigarettes and personal vaporisers’, Mr Zimmerman stated.

Submissions from interested individuals and organisations are invited by Thursday, 6 July 2017. The preferred method of receiving submissions is by electronic format lodged online using a My Parliament account.

Further information about the Committee’s inquiry, including the full terms of reference and details on how to lodge a submission are available on the Committee’s website at: http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/House/Health_Aged_Care_and_Sport /ElectronicCigarettes

The Vaper and Angela like this.
  13. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

Well that's a ..delicate way of putting it!

Pollies.. :rolleyes:

margyb likes this.
  14. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Backpedalling.
    All of Zimmerman's comments are riddled with it.
    I'm liking the sound of it

15. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

Another contact from Twitter, Norbert Zillatron (blogger from ..Germany(?)) also pointed out the testimonials & stories in..

http://mystory.evun.org/
    &
    https://casaa.org/_testimonials/

I'm not sure how we could make either work for this though. It's not as if we can approach those people to submit to the Oz inquiry, and we can't just bundle all those up into a single document and submit it.

But perhaps someone still writing a submission (mine is already lodged) can work the links in, somehow?

margyb likes this.
  16. margyb

Hasn't Clive Bates got heaps of my stories on his site , I am sure he listed some in a submission or post at some time

17. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Shout out to "The Vaping Bogan"! He gave the enquiry a plug from 2:10

margyb, Pippi, Angela and 1 other person like this.
  18. Angela

Angela ...

The Bogan has spoken:

"If you're in Australia, please, go to the description, have a look at the advocacy stuff that I put there. We've had a battle going on down here in South Australia. That is still happening but now the Federal Australian Government is looking at regulating the industry. They have set up a Committee. They're taking submissions from businesses and from the public regarding electronic cigarettes. They need to hear from you so please go to that little link there, and please put a submission in. It'll take you a few minutes to fill it out. You create a little account, you send off your submission. They need to hear from everybody about how vaping has saved you from smoking cigarettes, how it's changed your life. And please draw their attention to what the United Kingdom and New Zealand is doing, because if they base what they're doing in Australia off of what's happening in New Zealand then we are in ****en the green."

margyb, Jerry Hatrick, Pippi and 2 others like this.
  19. btobw

btobw Member

20. Angela

Angela ...

Pippi's isn't up yet so that's a good sign. Means there's still more in the pipeline awaiting approval. :)

The Vaper, margyb and laurie9300 like this.