Joyetech ego AIO

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Gasman, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Not a review but certainly my opinions on the AIO.

[​IMG]

It's a very simple and easy to use device that is 19mm in diameter and 118mm in height with a 1500 mah built in battery.
    The tank has a 2 ml capacity and is obviously built into the device,hence the name because it really is all in one.
    It can be purchased in 3 x two tone colour configurations of black/white,red/white and black/ grey or 2 x solid colours of black or stainless steel.

I anticipated the tank to be exactly the same as the cubis but it appears to have one difference which I will mention a bit later.
    It does however take the cubis coils which offer a fair amount of choice.

It has the standard safety features but it's not adjustable therefore you vape will supposedly diminish as the battery drains although I will say I did not notice any difference apart from when initially charged the top of the tank was a bit warm but that disappeared after approximately 45 minutes of use. That was the point I wanted to make earlier in regard to the difference between the cubis tank because I certainly did not have that problem with the cubis.

I have a black cubis tank and therefore opted for the silver AIO because the max fill line is very hard to see with the black version but obvious with the stainless steel version. I have also read that some people are experiencing problems with the juice leaking upon insertion of the top of the tank/ coil etc but I have not had any problems in that regard. My suggestion would be to ensure you don't fill it above the maximum fill line.

It comes supplied in a typical Joyetech box with the device in a cut out foam block.
    Also included are 2 x 0.6 ohm coils, a spare drip tip and a usb cable.
    A warranty card, warning card about ensuring your coil is saturated before use and a basic but informative quick start up guide are beneath the foam block.

It is a simple 5 click on and off system and that's it as it's obviously designed to have no user adjustment including varying power.
    The only adjustment you can make is to have a colored light shown inside the tank when in use, which Joyetech describe as an indicator light. This is a fair description as it allows you to monitor your battery charge and juice level by the frequency of the flashes.
    The colours available are red,yellow,green,blue,indigo,white and purple or if so desired just set it so no colour is used which I would presume gives a longer battery life.
    I have not been using it for that reason but have used it when I suspected my battery would be getting low and could imagine it being useful in the dark to check your juice level.
    In regard to battery life I estimate I've been getting approximately 8-9 hours out of one charge using the supplied 0.6 ohm coil.

The airflow can be adjusted by using the top cap of the tank. It rotates a full 360 degrees going from fully open when the 2 dots are aligned to as tight as possible at the next quarter turn and back again on the next quarter turn and so on.
    To put it into an easier to understand format imagine a clock;

6 o'clock ( when the dots are aligned) = fully open
    9 o'clock = as tight as available
    12 o'clock = fully open
    3 o'clock = as tight as available

In between these settings the draw either increases or decreases but in my experience apart from fully open or fully restricted I don't notice much difference. Not saying that's a bad thing because I find it a satisfying vape.

One feature that I do like is the child safe locking mechanism on the tank which operates on the same principle as a pill bottle where you have to push down and twist to open it up.
    A safety feature like this has to be a good thing for everyone concerned as long as it doesn't break and render the device inoperable.

As the tank is not removable cleaning it is a little different but all I have been doing is wiping it out with a damp bit of kitchen roll whilst cleaning the top in my normal way. Another possible con is the obvious one in that if you happen to drop it and the glass cracks the whole thing is cactus but it is what it is.
    One last complaint with it is that it's a PITA to charge because the charge port is a tad over half way up the device meaning that if you try and charge it upright it has a tendency to want to topple over unless it's supported somehow. Of course you can simply lay it down but I tried to avoid that particularly if there's juice in the tank.

I do however have a concern which may be unwarranted but I'm going to mention it. The device is not a TC device but you can buy cubis coils in both nickel and titanium and my thoughts are could this create a dangerous situation. I'm assuming the device will have some form of safety built into it to eliminate any potential problems but I for one will not be trying to find out!

All in all for $30 Aussie you can't go wrong as a newbie or seasoned vaper and apart from the tank getting a bit warm initially and my coil question I would recommend it.

[​IMG]

Just a picture showing the light working.

[​IMG]

And a size comparison for those interested from left to right.

1/ Istick 30w with a cubis tank
    2/ Joyetech AIO
    3/Joyetech Ego one with tank ( not the mega or mini)
    4/ An old ego with an Aspire bvc clearo.

I've attempted to describe everything as I have found it and hope is of some use to anybody thinking of spending money on it.

P.S.

Please be gentle with my efforts as I never thought I'd ever do anything like this but wanted to try and this seemed like the perfect device because there's not much to understand!

Pippi, laurie9300, Judith and 4 others like this.
  2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Good first review mate, even if you don't think it is a review, that is exactly what it is ;)

I'm glad someone reviewed this device here, because I have heard a lot of good things about the AIO from experienced vapers about the potential of this device as a newby starter kit & I think your contreibution for newbies on VCA is very valuable, so thank you & good job! :clap2:

Popping this in the reviews directory too. :)

3. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Thanks for the encouragement Noe.
    I was unsure if I should attempt it but I thought that others have so I should at least try.

Pippi, margyb and Noe like this.
  4. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Thanks Gasman, it's a great device and your review is excellent! Personally, I'm pleased it's not TC, don't see the point for newbies as it just creates confusion; especially for older smokers. That's been my experience anyway.

Pippi likes this.
  5. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Thanks Charles but I don't feel like it was a review as more like my opinion. I honestly don't feel qualified enough to offer any sort of review.

I agree that this device doesn't and shouldn't be a TC product but I was worried perhaps that a new vaper could buy one and put a TC coil in and what could be the result.

I'm presuming it simply wouldn't work but my thoughts were it could also make them think this vaping larks crap and doesn't work? As in what's this supposed to do I can't get anything out of this.

Some weeks later I'm still enjoying this product and in fact more than I thought I would to be honest but I think the manufacturer could have explained more in regard to TC coils etc.
    I appreciate it could be information overload but unless I missed it a simple do not try and use these coils would have sufficed.

As I said in using it I'm very impressed with the results considering the cost and given the chance I would recommend it to any new vaper as in my opinion with the right mindset it would certainly assist them in giving up the smokes.

Noe, Judith, Pippi and 1 other person like this.
  6. laurie9300

laurie9300 Armature Boy

Well I'd call that a review, and a good one.Thanks Gasman!

I've been really enjoying mine too!

Noe, Judith, Pippi and 2 others like this.
  7. Charles Vaper

Well, these Vape Pens are certainly getting spiffy today. Along with the Endura, these are fine examples of devices for newcomers. BTW Gasman, you ARE qualified to offer reviews. They're merely your thoughts/viewpoints, which is exactly what you provided, and nicely too. These reviews or insights on products are so important for newcomers.

Noe, margyb, Judith and 2 others like this.
  8. laurie9300

laurie9300 Armature Boy

I'd just like to point out too, that these kinds of devices are not just for newbies. I have been vaping for coming up three years, I have multiple "high end" high wattage, and rebuildable devices, but the AIO is in my top pocket all day, every work day. It gets more use than the rest combined.

margyb, Judith, Pippi and 2 others like this.
  9. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I agree.
    I have also been vaping for three years now and doesn't time fly when you think about it!
    I don't have any what I would think are considered "high end" devices but certainly enough with higher wattage and TC capabilities and also find myself using the AIO more than I thought I would.

It's just simple as can be and works with the added bonus of small size factor.

A great device for anybody in my opinion.

margyb, Judith, Pippi and 2 others like this.
  10. Charles Vaper

I got thinking about starter devices again. Yes I know, I shouldn't think but...
    When I started vaping in 2007, the best choices were limiting at best. It wasn't until V.V. Mods were mainstream that I finally gave up dual usage and became a real vaper. I remember when eGo's were the talk of the town, and those darn CE Clearo's.. well, I'm sure many know what I'm talking about.

It's just so odd that I still see so many smokers out there (contrary to what we keep hearing) and wonder why?
    My goodness, devices like this and the Endura are superb, even for today's standards.

Yes, it all comes down to advocacy and awareness, and getting through to those blatantly hypocritical and ignorant policy makers.
    Ah.. felt good to get that off my chest. Saturday afternoon, time to pay attention to someone else's chest :drool: :sillygrin:

11. laurie9300

laurie9300 Armature Boy

Frustrating isn't it?

12. Charles Vaper

Sure is... How ya been mate? See you at the next steamery vape meet? Hope so.

Pippi likes this.
  13. laurie9300

laurie9300 Armature Boy

I'm good! If I can make it, I'll be there......

Charles Vaper likes this.
  14. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

Thanks Gasman, I had been wondering about the Aio and you described it in a easy to read way.
    Perfect and looking forward to more of your Reviews :)

Gasman and Noe like this.
  15. Noe

I honestly didn't like my brief try of the Endura, I'm not sold on that one.
    The AIO though is similar but implemented better, from what I can tell ( I haven't had an opportunity to try one), thus Gasman's review gave me better insight into it & that along with other experienced vaper's opinions that have tried them, made me think that these would be better than the Endura & suitable to recommend to newbies.

BTW I never liked CE clearos, I think I was using gennies when they were around , mostly or perhaps carto tanks or the good old VK Comet BC clearos which sadly never had a proper tank system but were great little clearos in their time(I still have quite a few lol).

16. Gabby

Gabby Member

My first vape with an eGo AIO. I checked this with unflavoured juice, so I can't comment on flavour.
    My main PV is still an eGo ONE. The AIO is about 1cm longer than my basic ONE. (The one shown in Gasman's picture is an extended ONE, which is longer than the AIO.)

One thing I really like about the AIO is the light in the tank which allows me to check my juice level easily, including in the dark. You may scoff about this, but with my bad eyes I can only see my juice level on my ONE in very bright conditions. OTOH this is not ideal for stealthily vaping in dark places, but you can turn it off and on fairly easily (and change the colour - wow!!!).

On the con side, I found the draw of the AIO a bit too loose, but tolerable. It has a flow adjustment but it gets knocked out of whack easily - even so I can't get the draw as tight as I'd like. It's also a bit noisier (crackling) than my ONE and the juice is warmer, probably because of the supplied coil (o.6Ω).

I tried it with a Cubis Clapton 1.5Ω coil I had lying around, but it didn't improve the draw. I've ordered a 1Ω, so we'll see if there's any improvement with that.

To my stealthy MTL non-builder taste, the eGo AIO is fine for a starter wanting to chuck the stinkies.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    Noe and Judith like this.
  17. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I've found the Cubis 1 ohm coils work well in the ego AIO. Cooler and virtually no spitting.

Pippi and Gabby like this.
  18. Gabby

Gabby Member

Sounds very encouraging, Judith, I'm pleased to hear that. I guess with 1/3 the watts that's what we should expect, but I've found you often can't tell in advance.

I must admit I found the heat a bit off-putting, but not overly so. Also mine doesn't spit - I hate spitting! - but it is fairly loud in a quiet room. Something else to disgust the civilians.

Judith and Pippi like this.
  19. Noe

I've found the Aspire Pockex to be much better than the AIO, there is no adjustable draw but you can simply take stronger or weaker puffs to get the kind of vape you want from it & it works for both MTL or restricted DL inhales.
    If you get the chance try one, the included 0.6 ohm coil doesn't spit & you'll notice the build quality appears to be better, right away.

Gabby likes this.
  20. Gabby

Gabby Member

My Pockex will arrive any day, and I'll report back. Like the cat that ate cheese then sat near the mousehole, I'm waiting with bated breath.

And as I said, my eGo AIO doesn't spit as such, but is a bit on the noisy side (I call it 'crackling' - I know spitting - my only box mod taught me about spitting - and I hate it).

Its build quality is fine to my useless and inexperienced eyes.

Pippi and Judith like this.