1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

meq's declaration

Discussion in 'Politics, News, Media, Campaigns' started by emu, Jan 16, 2016.

1. emu

emu Banned

I hereby declare today my lack of interest in politics and activism. It literally makes me sad surrounding myself with all the negativity.
    After my recent short holiday from the forum I have been feeling really good, I've only been back two days and I have already joined the pollie bashing train which I find leads me to a low mood.
    I'll stick to the happy threads from now on and just enjoy the good company and have clean fun.
    I stumbled on the article below about how you can close the gap between your positive synapses to reshape how you think but I will just share the link and not go into it here.

I'll finish with a big thank you to all who work so hard in the political and activism threads and I wish you all the best of luck and happiness in your toils. I will donate to the NNA when I am financially able to but I gotta stop reading these threads for the sake of my happiness.

http://psychpedia.blogspot.com.au/2015/11/the-science-of-happiness-why.html?m=1

Mushy, Fluffy, margyb and 7 others like this.
  2. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Good decision, it can affect some people badly reading or watching negative stuff. Enjoy the fun threads and have a good time.

margyb, DogMan, Aqualung and 2 others like this.
  3. emu

emu Banned

Thanks Moonshine I will

DogMan, Aqualung, Pippi and 1 other person like this.
  4. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Totally understand! Vape and enjoy my friend.

Stuart, Pippi, DogMan and 1 other person like this.
  5. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Good on ya Mec, completely understand.

Stuart, Pippi, DogMan and 1 other person like this.
  6. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Just because your are a member on VCA, doesn't mean you have to get involved in activism or prolitical threads ;)
    If it isn't for you, then it isn't for you, there's plenty of other threads to participate in :)

margyb, Stuart, Pippi and 2 others like this.
  7. DogMan

DogMan Butler

I have times I need breaks from it. I find some of the views of the vaping community the most infuriating. I agree with what judith has been saying since canberra that pollies are more naive than evil.

We both share a diagnosis that can lead our minds and hearts astray meq. It is probably healthier to avoid it all and stick to toast and beaches.

Peace

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Flea, emu, Nico and Laughter and 4 others like this.
  8. emu

emu Banned

Thanks dogman peace to you to.

Fluffy, margyb, Pippi and 1 other person like this.
  9. Aussie

Aussie Senior Member

I'm a bit like you meg, all the crap makes me so angry. It's very sad that we have to live in a world where $$$$ are more important than people's health. The world is certainly f-----d up, so much corruption everywhere. I believe (hope) the truth will eventually come out and the bastards will be shown up for what they are.

Thanks for posting that link, It's certainly given me something to think about and well worth reading.
    Peace be with you always.

emu likes this.
  10. emu

emu Banned

Thank you Aussie, yes they are very good at invoking our anger and letting us stew in it. It's a powerful tool and they know it but peace and truth belong together and the day's of greed will come to an end.
    We just have to stay positive and happy and shrug it off.
    You have the right idea with your beautiful woodwork which must make you feel great and a nice enjoyable way to pass the day.

Thanks for your encouragement and support Aussie.

Aussie likes this.
  11. snuffy

snuffy Guest

I love emu :h:

rupert and Malestorm21 like this.
  12. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I like it when people love themselves.

Maria and rupert like this.
  13. snuffy

snuffy Guest

It's the key to true happiness :nod: