My Foray into the World of DIY Juice

Discussion in 'DIY Flavours, Mixing, Recipes' started by Bandsaw, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

So you guys may have seen that I have already made some cinnamon sugar cookie juice following to clone recipe from Sydney Vapor. Well today I received my concentrates from Vapor Eyes and the lovely Pippi so I could knock up a batch of Redskin flavoured juice. I think the recipe needs some tinkering because it's a little heavy on the Acai flavour (at least smelling it is), so any suggestions would be killer.

Redskin E-Liquid

TFA Cotton Candy..................3%
    TFA Acai Berry.......................4%
    INA Raspberry.....................2.5%
    TFA Raspberry (Sweet)..........2%
    PG/VG...............................30/70

Browny and rupert like this.
  2. Ben

Ben Forum Stud

Hey Bandsaw, that looks like a really nice mix, I love the effect of the cotton candy from TFA moreso than the flavour itself. Without trying it I would say dial the CC to 2%, Acai to 3% and maybe notch the raspberrys up .5% each to somewhat compensate, as I imagine the raspberrys would be quite strong (all of the raspberrys I've tried have bee super strong and super sweet).
    Give it a try after a few days and judge from there, you may find (as is often the case) that the juice tastes quite different to the smell it initially gives off.

Bandsaw likes this.
  3. Ben

Ben Forum Stud

Oh and I've ordered a couple bottles of the original juice that the clone recipe from SV is based off. Wanna swap 5ml for 5ml to see how your batch turns out compared to the original? I can say that the original is basically one of my top 3 that I've tried so far, the others being TFR's Mothersilk and some unknown one that I got in the UK that was like a banana candy with a super mild mint behind it. I wish I still had the little bottle because it would probably be quite easy to identify (it was a strange shaped bottle).

Bandsaw likes this.
  4. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

Well the original recipe I got this from is 1% lower than what I made it as. I was told to bump the percentages up a bit as the flavour was a bit meh, so I went with a 1% increase across the board. Once this 10mL batch is gone I'll give your suggestion a go and see how different it is.

5. Ben

Ben Forum Stud

Cool buddy sounds good. come to think of it, an overall flavour percentage of 11.5% isn't overdoing it, quite often it needs to be pushed to 13-15% depending on the concentrate.
    Have you got a dripper or something to test the flavours, without using a coil head or dirtying up a clearo?

Bandsaw likes this.
  6. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

Nah, not atm dude. Just my EVOD 2 for vaping. Looking to upgrade but strapped for cash atm bro.

7. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

Sounds good, but I'd have to make some more up.

8. Ben

Ben Forum Stud

PM me your addy buddy, I'm pretty sure I've got a dripper I can send over that you can play with.
    It makes tasting flavours soooooooooo much easier!

Browny likes this.
  9. Ben

Ben Forum Stud

:O I found it! NNMN's 'haNuman'....
    Looking at it, that just looks like a bunch of letters and symbols.
    The brand is NNMN, a Malaysian company, and the juice is called 'haNuman'. It's a really refreshing banana one if anyone is keen. I know this isn't the right spot but I've actually been looking for some time. Deeeelicious.

10. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

@Bandsaw Im really keen to hear your thoughts on the Redskin recipe ;)

I would love to have a liquid that gives an authentic flavour - and having seen this recipe elsewhere a few times, I have thought of trying it (but don't have the Acai, and don't want to buy it on a gamble... lol ).

Is the Inawera Raspberry the Molina (Raspberry Konkentrate)???
    If so, then 2.5% is pretty high. I normally use that stuff at between 0.5 and 1%. Amazing falvour to that stuff though :)

11. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

Well it smells pretty much like a redskin, but the acai concentrate must be the defining flavour because the smell of the concentrate by itself was enough to send my brain back to my childhood. But I might be dropping the acai in the next batch.

I'll have to check the bottle dude, cause I have no idea lol.

12. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

Will a dripper go on a ego style battery though?

Pippi likes this.
  13. Ben

Ben Forum Stud

Good point, well made.
    I THINK that you can use an ego style battery if you wind your coil to over 1.8ohms, but don't quote me on that, I don't want you to lose any fingers...
    I would pif a mod that could handle it, but at the moment I only have my primary and backup... Waiting for some funds to appear so I can order a balrog...
    I have an istick 50w that is great for drippers (has a semi-accurate ohm reader built in, plus all the safety features) but it's been playing up and I am on the verge of chucking it. If you're somewhat handy with electronics, I can send that over?

Bandsaw likes this.
  14. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

I'm shocking at electronics lol. Hopefully when I upgrade myself, I might get an RDA

15. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I'd love to mention something about an unreleased Redskin flavor juice I know about but I am sworn to secrecy unfortunately :(

What I can say is it tastes very authentic.

margyb and Bandsaw like this.
  16. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

I know Vapor Eyes have one called Fanboy, but they sell out real fast as it's well popular.

17. Ben

Ben Forum Stud

Bully...

18. Noe

It's not that one but I really can't say much more other than it will be released sometime soon.

Oh & just in case anyone is wondering, no it isn't my own brand either.

margyb, Pippi and Bandsaw like this.
  19. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

You tease!!

Can you say who is bringing it out? Or where we might be able to buy it? :sillygrin:

Pippi likes this.
  20. Noe

Not yet LOL
    Sorry.