My Goodies arrived :(

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Rayjay, May 18, 2018.

1. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Received my goodies from HiLiq today yep super fast by TNT 3 days no complaints there.
    The damn thing leaked in the plastic bag dunno how, as the sealing gue was intact.
    20 mls of concentrate lost. Do not know if it will be safe to use I did drain it off into a 30ml bottle and will test it.

Fortunately it did not leak into the carton and the bag was intact being concentrate flavour only thank God if you follow my drift.

[​IMG]

2. saulylee

saulylee New Member

Oh no. That sucks. Do you use HiLiq regularly?

Rayjay likes this.
  3. MetalOz

MetalOz Senior Member

That's unusual for Hiliq. Have you contacted @Ryan and let him know?

Rayjay likes this.
  4. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Tried to contact Hiliq they away on their holidays till 22nd May. The glue they used around the lid did not seal properly.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Yes last time I ordered this concenttate it was lost at the airport in China never got to Au. Got refunded no problems. Don't like TNT but they won't use Dhl.

6. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Managed to gently save the leaked concentrate into a 30ml bottle. However I do not know if the saved concentrate will be any good will do a test batch. Hell 20 mls will do 200 mls of juice. This concentrate like all tobacco concentrates are expensive when you add the freight costs I wish I could find it in Au but no one seems to have B&H although Mollinberry RY4 is not bad in comparison and you can find it at Juice Factory and Fenixvapes but not in big quantities. @emu likes FR4 but I have not tried that yet. Mind you if you use Mollenberry concentrates the normal method of steeping could be up to one month or more. I use Ultrasonic Steeping and even then about a week before its vapeable.

7. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Yes I left him a PM @MetalOz

MetalOz likes this.
  8. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Looks to me like HiLiq's packaging practices are proven to be adequate & better than I've seen used for a lot of other liquids from other vendors.

It also looks to me like the type of bag they heat sealed the bottle into would be food grade plastic, those are the most common plastics sealed that way.

Rayjay, KayP and MetalOz like this.
  9. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

So are you telling me the concentrate would be useful the stuff in the bag. @Noe I decanted the rest into amber bottles.

10. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Indeed there has been some shoddy packaging ( FT speciality even when you pay for extra packing); that I have also seen and the other also being that when a person orders a 30ml doubler they received a 30 ml bottle with only 15mls of the doubler. If I order 30 mls of doubler I expect 30mls in volume of the doubler. I will not mention who that vendor was. However several members on here do.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  11. Noe

Certainly sounds like bad practice by the vendor in question. I would never lead people astray like that, it simply isn't good business.
    I know you don't want to mention the vendor publicly or you already would have but if you think there's anything I should know then feel free to PM me.

12. Noe

I'm not 100% certain of the type of plastic used in the bag but HiLiq should be able to tell you, its just my educated guess that it would be most likely food grade.

13. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

The person / vendor (?) mentioned as is the customer know who they are both are members of this forum and there is no need to start any more flame wars. I do not attack Aussie vendors bar one. The guilty party knows who he or she is. I will say no more @Noe this happened a while back.

14. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I am sure they could tell me if there was anyone at HiLiq to tell me they away until next week.

15. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

@Noe, @MetalOz Finally got a reply from Ryan the plastic packaging according to Ryan the shrink wrap, is food grade. The compensation offer was a free 30 ml bottle of the same concentrate with my next order. (Sound familiar?)
    As I replied to Ryan, I only order from HiLiq about once a year, so by the time I do place my next order both Ryan and I will have forgotten about it.
    The sample made with the leaked concentrate is steeping and will sample it in a couple of weeks time.

Noe likes this.
  16. Noe

Well at least now you know the leaked concentrate is safe to use.

Rayjay likes this.
  17. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Will see. Lol note with amusement that Healthcabin is getting a serve on AVF. Same sort of problem. Replacement with next order. Much simpler to issue refund or partial refund via PayPal.

18. Ryan

Ryan Senior Member VCA Approved Vendor

uh oh! I'm so late but I think I have replied to Rayjay as soon as I received his mail. Good thing he emailed me as I was so busy mates with other things that I was unable to log in this community. So please contact me if you guys need help so I can help you too. :)

Rayjay and MetalOz like this.
  19. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Whilst I did receive a reply eventually, the reply and offer I was given was far from satisfactory; similar to replies one receives when Health Cabin or Fastech mess up ones orders.
    "Replacement with next order"

The simple solution would have been to issue a partial refund for the product lost.

MetalOz likes this.
  20. MetalOz

MetalOz Senior Member

Or maybe the option of a replacement at suppliers expense.

Rayjay likes this.