My Vaping Journey

Discussion in 'Your Story' started by Maria, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Maria

Maria Senior Member

I started smoking at 16 because it was cool and made me all grown up .Even though I had the head spins in the beginning it did not deter me. Both my parents smoked Hallmark so they were easily accessible. I sneakily took them as a teenager for me and shared with my friends. When I started working I became a packet a day smoker. My husband was also a smoker he gave up cold turkey, I kept smoking. It did not matter who told me I should quit and why I was well and truly hooked.
    I did attempt throughout the years to quit but nothing worked and I gave up. My son was diagnosed with cancer at 14, doing great now! he begged me to quit he was worried I would get sick that makes me anxious even typing it. Unfortunately then smoking and I went hand in hand .I just could not stop, I did not stop. Even then. Anyway to cut a long story short I tried all methods to give up. Champix ,wow my mental health went from 100 to zero ,hypnotherapy, cold turkey (that was 1 day maybe tops) patches and it was suggested by my hypnotist I bury my smokes in the garden very symbolic Lol I dug them up resurrected later that day.
    I met a friend for coffee he had a vape pen. Laughed it looked funny I felt the whole concept was very weird but what the heck I will give it a go. So I stumbled into vaping by accident. My first vape pen was delivered and my friend gave me e liquid with nicotine until I ordered my own and from my very first vape success! Still can't believe a die hard smoker like me quit with an ecig after 36 yrs finally smoke free. I think it is some sort of miracle. Hail to the ecig.
    For over 4 yrs I have not smoked and have no desire to smoke.
    The best thing about vaping. No cough ,no flem, chest infections none. The smell , the cost gone and guys you know the rest of the benefit's of vaping. . The best thing for me was my mum hated me smoking it worried her a lot. Before she passed away last year she knew me as a non smoker and that was the best thing ever. My son also vapes now second best thing. When mum passed away I went through a dark time she was my best friend and I had some mental health which issues were triggered .I decided to stay home and care for my 3 yr old grandson. Best job ever ! but then I felt like I really need to do something as my mental health was back on an even keel. So yes why not sell ecigs not sure it was the brightest idea yet but I do know its what I love. Reading other forum member's journeys brought me back to mine and I am very proud to vape. Please excuse grammar or spelling guys I have not written much since what was it H.S.C back in the 70's. I still use a vape pen with my variable voltage battery simple but it's effective for me. I leave the big cloud's of vapor for my son.:thumbup:

KayP, Judith, margyb and 5 others like this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Great story Maria.

Your writing is better than most, just maybe double line space between paragraphs. It is kind of adopted forum standard and easy on the eyes.

How old is your son now? So young to be so unwell :(

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

3. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Thanks Dogman. Yes the paragraph spaces:wall:. Hes 25 now and still my baby.He went through a lot and came out healthy and fit.I can do a plug for Make a wish. They sent us all to Italy to see Jon's favorite soccer team play.Such a great charity making kids dreams come true. I could not stop smoking then such a hard habit to kick . Ecig's really do change your life around.He's rapt I have stopped now!

KayP, Judith, margyb and 1 other person like this.
  4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Edit button bottom left of your post makes it easy to fix ;)

Great story :)

Maria and DogMan like this.
  5. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

Thank you sharing your story Maria.
    Spelling? Grammar? Sorry, I was too hook into reading your story to notice any :)

6. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

Thanks for sharing your story :):)

7. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Thank for your story Maria. It was such a relief to know your son is OK. Scary reading that sort of thing because it must have been such a horrible time for you. I used to be terrified of something like that happening to my son and I guess I still am. Being a parent is a painful and terrifying experience sometimes.

DogMan and margyb like this.
  8. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Yes when you have not control it is but we always said he would be okay and thank god he was a very lucky boy.The children's Hospital in Melbourne and the Doctors are amazing.Can be a sad place to be over 2 yrs we saw sad things and good things.We are blessed.My boys are 25 and 28 you never stop worrying.I am a worrier anyway Lol. How old is your son?

KayP, Judith, DogMan and 1 other person like this.
  9. Maria

Maria Senior Member

10. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

He is nearly 45 but he is still my baby. LOL (Lucky he doesn't read what I write about him, I used to hate it when my mother called me her baby because I was the youngest.)

Maria likes this.
  11. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Judith likes this.