1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Nebox by Kangertech

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Cloudy, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

The Kangetech Nebox is an all in one device. It takes a single 18650 Battery, has a 10ml tank, and can use Nickle, Titanium and Kanthal coils. The coils can be disposable or you can use the supplied mini RBA. It has Temperature Control or adjustable wattage modes. It can save up to 6 pre sets for differing vaping preferences.

For a newbie or someone seeking convenience the internal tank is great. No separate tanks to mess with. The internal tank performs well and has a large 10ml capacity. I see this as a big advantage in cost and ease of use, others may miss playing with their tanks.

It is a discreet device being small enough to fit in the hand with only the drip tip showing. The clouds are gonna give you away though!

The build quality is surprisingly good for the low price point ($51.00 on FasTech) but it could be better. The buttons feel insubstantial and the thread on the battery cover had paint in it. It is a solid unit and everything functions but SS buttons and better machining on the threads would make a big improvement. It is heavier than I thought it would be and with battery and a full tank it feels substantial in the hand.

10 ml capacity is awesome. The hassle of dragging juice and fiddling about refilling in the field is no longer necessary. Fillup in the morning and I am right till might time.

For a beginner (like me) the mini RBA is a great addition. I can play with this technology without the expense of a separate tank etc. TBH I prefer the Ni200 coil but I can experiment with build and coils whenever I wish.

The Temperature Control (TC) in the Nebox works very well for me. I tried a blast at maximum settings (300c and 60 watts) just to see what it was like. The flavour was good and the vapour was big but I found it a bit warm for my liking. I’m pretty sure battery life would be a problem if you used this setting all the time as well.

I find it best set to 265c @40watts. TC is very easy to use. You set it how you like and every time you vape it is exactly as you like it. TC is like the auto function in a car. Sure a manual can be more fun but auto is heaps easier when you just want to get to work, pick up the kids, pop to the shops etc.

In TC mode the wattage only has the effect of controlling how quickly the coil comes to temperature. I found that below 35 I can detect the delay and that at 40 and above I cannot detect a delay. The delay can be measured in nano seconds so it can be operated at much lower wattages with no ill effect on the vaping experience, it’s just how I like it.

Using the 0.15 Ohm NI 200 coil that comes pre installed is a pleasure. Clean, crisp flavour and big fluffy clouds with a 60/40 vg/pg mix. The coil seems to be lasting very well. I have put more than 80mls through and it is still going great. I don’t think you would win a cloud throwing contest with this device but it is more than satisfactory for the home enthusiast.

Airflow is not adjustable but is strangely good as it is. I immediately liked the draw as it is and would not seek to adjust it even if I could. You could use an airflow controlled drip tip or stick your finger over the inflow to restrict if you desired.

This seems to be a straight hit device only. I can’t see a way that it could be used for mouth to lung effectively. This may be a limitation for some but it is not for me as mouth to lung causes me to cough so I don’t do it.

This device would be an excellent choice for someone who is seeking to step up from ego type devices or who want to safely try sub-ohming. It may be a good choice for a beginner but they need to have decided whether they are a lunger (like me) or a mouth to lunger.

UPDATE

The air intake requires regular cleaning. The black crud that forms on the coil can fall into the air intake. The crud may make you think the coil is done for and may cause seepage. It requires a thorough cleanout with warm water and cotton buds.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Old Grump, rupert, Judith and 2 others like this.
  2. KayP

KayP Senior Member

A well done and comprehensive review @Cloudy . Good job. I'm a little worried about using NI2000 coils though; I presume you meant NI200.

emu and Cloudy like this.
  3. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

Ah yeah, Thanks, I have edited now. Maybe a 2000 would be really good?

Oh and it doesn't leak! and with proper maintenance I don't think it will!

How bout some reviews of your extensive collection?

Cheers

emu and KayP like this.
  4. KayP

KayP Senior Member

I wouldn't know. I have not ventured into TC as of yet.
    That's good to hear. Maybe they have been listening to their customers and fixed the issue on the newer releases. For now I would recommend keeping an eye on it though.
    I could, but I do not know how well I'll fare. I'll be happy to give it a go though. I'll try placing one tonight on the Stumpy RDA; Emu took a liking to it. Anything you're particularly interested in?

emu likes this.
  5. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Well done Cloudy, a good review with all the information someone would need about the Neebox. The only thing that might make it better would be a pic. Sadly for me it was obvious it was a DL vape. A lot of people love theirs so perhaps they fixed the leaking thing. What colour is yours?

emu and KayP like this.
  6. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

Thanks Annette,

I am having some computer issues and can't do a pic at the mo but it is a very good idea.

DL is a limitation but Kanger probably feel they have it covered in another model. I just don't think they could fit it in. I note that the Plato does allow for both styles though.

Mine is Blue of course. A lovely rich glossy sky blue

emu and KayP like this.
  7. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Quick Q: How's it on the temp side? If chain vaped does the mod get warm or hot?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. Nico and Laughter

ooo all my mods were blue for a while

9. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

It does get warm but not hot. I have used it for pretty heavily since I got it. I have used it for about 45 minutes straight. It got warm but not hot, I noticed no deterioration in vape or cloud. I am using 10ml or more a day, mostly in the evenings. I think TC is kinda made for chain vaping, it doesn't change it just keeps going! I have noticed the Emow with Evod style bat can get very hot and starts to produce less vapour and flavour.

I use two batteries (LG HE4) round robin during a day and I hook up the internal charger when I am on the PC. It sucks juice and power but I am using it a lot.

emu and KayP like this.
  10. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

Yeah I have a thing for blue, clothes, cars and now Vapes...

emu likes this.
  11. Nico and Laughter

Blue and purple are my favourite colours.

Completely off topic but what is your avi?

Cloudy and emu like this.
  12. emu

emu Banned

Looks like some sort of quartz rock but just a guess lol

Cloudy likes this.
  13. emu

emu Banned

Nice review Cloudy I enjoyed the read

14. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

Its one of my rocks, a river pebble of Quartz conglomerated in Sandstone (good work Emu). It comes form my favourite wilderness so whenever I see that image it reminds me of my favourite place in the world. OCD I think...I also have a thing about blue, it just makes me feel happy so I seek it out whenever I can...

emu likes this.
  15. Nico and Laughter

Oh interesting. Love quartz and love the pink in the sandstone. Must be some iron in that sandstone reminds me of the sanstone around here and in Sydney the pink sandstone is quite iconic.

Cloudy and emu like this.
  16. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

It's the same layer of sandstone as in Sydney, it pops up all along the east coast. At this location two different layers of sandstone come together and there are outcrops of Basalt, and some coal too. Perfect for stone axe making. You need the different sandstones to finish the grinding of the Basalt axe head and water. The plants and animals in the area are unique as a result. New plants and animals have been discovered in this small area, I've even had a hand in some of the discoveries, my favourite wilderness.

rupert and emu like this.
  17. Nico and Laughter

Ah very nice, where are we talking about?

Cloudy likes this.
  18. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Hawkesbury strata?

emu and Cloudy like this.
  19. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

Hawkesbury and Walloon come together with some Basalt intrusions from some early Mount Warning lava flows.

emu and rupert like this.
  20. Nico and Laughter

Interesting, sounds lovely. Sigh I haven't been camping since I became carless. I really miss it.

Old Grump, Cloudy and emu like this.