1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

NET Juices

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Noe, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I have just started trying the samples in my Black Note Book, so I thought I would start this thread to keep notes on them as I try them. Then it occurred to me, that I could compare them to the House of Liquids NETs as well.
    If I have a HoL NET that is the same/similar flavor, I will compare it, side by side, with the Black Note NET.
    Please feel free to add your own NET juice experiences but name the juice & brand at the beginning of your post please.

Black Note (Bavura) VS HoL Perique:
    Well I just tried Black Note Bavura (Perique blend) & i'm a bit disappointed with it, House of Liquid(the proper UK imported version, I haven't tried the 0 mg Au version) Perique is a hell of a lot better.
    Black Note does have a Perique taste to it but it is lacking the depth of flavor that the HoL Perique has & the flavor strength is weaker for Black Note.
    Black Note is very bland tasting IMO, compared to the HoL perique, as a lover of NET juice I would not buy Black Note Perique based off of this sample.

Black Note recently reduced their NET line of flavors & Bavura was one they removed, given my experience trying it I am not surprised.
    I do not believe the guffaw that it was due to FDA regulations. All they had to do was apply for a PMTA & they could have kept selling it for another 2 years at least, without having to outlay any cash for testing or anything & then simply removed it from the market when the FDA regulations came into effect.
    Instead I think it was due to a lower volume of sales compared to some of their other flavors, which I am hoping will be better.

Maria, Pippi and Gasman like this.
  2. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I completely concur Noe.

I'm afraid to add that Bavura was actually my favourite out of the sampler box but obviously you're opinion could be completely different.

I actually found them all rather bland which surprised me considering the opinions of most.
    I did add 10% nic to bring the nic content from 0mg ~20mg and was fearing that it was my fault for weakening the flavour too much.

I'm glad I'm not alone.

Noe and Pippi like this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I am wishing I had stock piled 200mg Vit N instead of 100mg - I think it would be better to use on RTV purchased juice like Black note. I think Margy B mentioned that somewhere and I agree.

Gasman likes this.
  4. Noe

Well I made mine 24mg/ml strength but I cheated a little by using some high strength nic (no need to elaborate here) & didn't add much volume at all.
    Given the hype for Black Note, I expected a lot better from this juice, HoL (at least where Perique is concerned) makes a far superior NET.

Gasman likes this.
  5. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Hypothetically I could have bought both on my last order and could have found the 200mg very useful for exactly that reason.
    However I would treat it with more respect.

Hypothetically.

6. Noe

Black Note Bavura (Kentucky blend):

This has a more robust flavor, it is much better than the Perique blend.
    However it pales in comparison to HoL Guevara, which I rate as mediocre HoL NET, it's one I use to blend with rather than enjoy on its own usually. The flavor profiles of each are also different, so it is not a direct comparison between the two.
    If I had not experienced HoL NETs, the Black Note Kentucky blend I would likely buy again but having experienced the better HoL juices, I won't be rushing out to get this one either.

Gasman likes this.
  7. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Thanks Noe good to know ecigforlife selling wondering about them.So thanks for the review knew nothing about Black Note.

8. Noe

HoL has a 0mg/ml version of their NETs which is sold in Aus, compared to the "real deal" that is sold on their UK site, which has nicotine in it, the 0mg version is not anywhere near as good, IME.
    I have only tried 1 of their 0mg NETs but have also tried their proper NET with nic of the same flavor & to me it is obvious that in removing the nicotine from the NET during the extraction process, also removes flavor.
    I have not tried the "real deal" Black Note juices, that I would need to order from the USA, which would have nicotine in them, only the 0mg product sold in Aus but I suspect the same would be true as it is for HoL NETs.

The difficulty in making a 0mg/ml NET is, that NETs require tobacco leaves to be steeped in liquid to extract the flavor of the tobacco, this process also extracts some nicotine & whatever else is in the tobacco. To make the juice at strengths that we vape, additional nicotine is added but the nicotine extracted during steeping is not removed.
    When making 0mg/ml NET, that nicotine from steeping needs to be removed, this requires additional filtering & extraction methods, it is these which I believe alter the taste of true NET juices.

9. emu

emu Banned

Ryan said it has no natural tobacco impurities and was smoother, so if you put it in NET juice with all the natural impurities would that not be defeating the purpose of using a pure nic? That was my point but hard to explain.

Flea likes this.