1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

NET's and Australia.....

Discussion in 'Juice Chat' started by rupert, Sep 19, 2016.

1. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Hi all,

Not my area of knowledge, and I am sure there is someone on here who will know the answer :) @DogMan perhaps?

I was wondering if NET's can be legally sold in Australia.
    Presumably they contain some residual alkaloids from extraction. Is this a grey area?

Cheers-

Pippi likes this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Yes

Victory vape sell some from memory.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

rupert likes this.
  3. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Just looked, thanks Dogman :)

DogMan likes this.
  4. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Ok, thanks to Dogman and some other looking about my question has been answered.

Mods please feel free to delete this thread if warranted :)

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  5. Steve H

Steve H Member

What are NET's ?
    sorry noob question still havent got a handle on all the jargon !

Pippi likes this.
  6. DogMan

DogMan Yes

Naturally extracted tobacco liquids

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Pippi likes this.
  7. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Do you remember where Laurie's glossary thread is? I've been looking everywhere I can think of for Streve H but can't find it.

DogMan likes this.
  8. Angela

Angela ...

9. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

10. Steve H

Steve H Member

11. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

12. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

13. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Sorry I didn't see this sooner & I love NETs, so perhaps I'm in a better place to answer this.
    NETs mostly extract the flavor of tobacco but also extract some WTA & nicotine(in lvery low %'s). Not only flavor & WTAs are extracted though, natural sugars, fine particles & pesticides (if any were used on the tobacco) are also extracted, these are undesirable & in the case of fine particles can be removed to varying degrees with filtering.
    Obviously Pesticides are highly undesirable too & good commercial NETs are usually made from pesticide free source material, cigarette tobacco has usually been sprayed by pesticides when it was being grown.
    Sugars can be removed to some degree by more sophisticated equipment, sugars are the main reason for NET's notoriety for gunking up coils.

There are 0mg/ml NETs, I am not sure how the nic is removed from the extraction but I know these are available & being 0mg/ml can be legally sold in Aus.. However at least in the case of HoL NETs, I have tried the same flavor(s) in both the 0mg/ml(bought in Aus) & the orginal with nic (imported from the UK), in every case the imported version tasted better, the difference was like night & day.
    I have not tried Blacknote in its original nicotine containing extraction & I probably will if I like the flavor of the 0mg/ml (which should arrive next week) NETs, just for comparison & to see if there is a significant difference of flavor between the 0mg/ml & original extractions, I think there probably will be.

Gasman, rupert and Pippi like this.
  14. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Thanks Noe, that is great info.

I ask as I have made contact with some DIY'ers in the USA who do NET from whole organic american tobacco, and was just wondering what the legality is in importing the concentrates directly.

Interesting the comparison on imported with nic, versus the 0mg with nic added after.

I am sure I will have more questions moving forward, so Ill hit you up :)

Gasman, Noe, Old Grump and 1 other person like this.
  15. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I still haven't sieved mine yet - this pic is prior to steeping, its very dark now. Must admit I am a little concerned after reading noes post and wonder if my baccy had been sprayed?
    [​IMG]

Old Grump likes this.
  16. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

One of the things that caused me to freak out and give away tobacco was the fertilisers in mass produced tobacco.
    Lead an polonium residuals can lead to radiation contamination of the dried tobacco. That coupled with pesticide is a lose/lose combination for inhalation.

Gasman, Noe, Pippi and 1 other person like this.
  17. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Most of it is Choppy gifted to me - do you think I should toss it @rupert ?

18. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Its hard to say :) i don't want to err people one way or another.

If it is chop-chop there is a chance that it is much better quality (limited pesticides/fertilisers/chemical additives) than if it had come from a BT pouch.

Gasman, Noe and Pippi like this.
  19. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Thanks Rupert :)

DogMan and rupert like this.
  20. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

All of those things you mention, if present in the tobacco, would be present in the extraction, I only mentioned pesticides but as we know in commercial cigarette tobacco there are many more chemicals used to adulterate it, any of those chemicals could be present in the extraction.

I made an extraction using old cigars, I chose cigars because compared to cigarette tobacco, cigar tobacco has far fewer chemicals added if any at all, the end result was very very good flavor wise but not on its own so much.
    I have plenty of the extract left & a really good recipe that calls for it, as a juice maker I considered making the flavor available for sale but ultimately decided not to. For personal use, it is fine but for selling it even in very small amounts as an additive in juice, I had to consider that it may contain nicotine for a start, then all the possible chemicals which could be a problem & which are unknown quantities.

I'd say your chop chop is likely to be less laden with chemicals than commercial cigarette tobacco , does it contain no chemicals? That I doubt, fertilizer & possibly pesticides woud have been used on the crop, at the curing stage other chemicals may have been used also but I would expect far less than in the legal, commercial equivalent.

When used as a flavoring, you'll be inhaling what ever was in the tobacco when it was put into the extraction, in trace amounts.
    As the chemicals aren't being combusted, I don't think they are as big of a worry & it would still be THR but it's an elevated risk compared with synthetic flavored juice.
    Ultimately it's your decision.
    Dr Kurt on ECF (very knowledgeable chemist), said he would never use extreactions of any kind for vaping, because they all carry an increased risk & if you are concerned looking him up & reading what he has to say about the subject may be a good idea.

Pippi, Gasman and rupert like this.