1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie help :)

Discussion in 'Ask the Veterans' started by Shois, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Shois

Shois New Member

Hi guys, I started vaping around a month or so ago and started with a eleaf ipower and a Smok TfV4 tank. It was too complicated for me as it was my first setup and so I was just about to give up when someone suggested the Innokin T18 and its been great! But now I find I'm wanting more flavour and vape but I don't want to go back to the ipower but something more simple and smooth. Help please? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Judith and rupert like this.
  2. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

There are a million different devices and tanks out there now, and everyone will have their own ideas as to what is good, so my advice is to look around and suss out product reviews. You will likely find something that suits your needs.

Personally, my introduction to tanks was the Kangertech Subtank Mini with the Innokin MVP 3.
    The mod is a little outdated now, and there are certainly better mods for the price out there at present.

The Subtank Mini is great though, as you can get the premade 1.2hm coils for mouth to lung vaping, as well as the 0.5ohm premade coils for sub ohming.
    The tank pack comes with one of each so you can try them both out.

As for mods - the iStick Pico seems to be pretty well used now (but still has enough settings to play with that it could be complicated), as is the Joytech AIO which is an all in one with premade coils that can suit mouth to lung vaping, as well as direct lung inhales.
    The AIO is similar to the T18, but with more bang.

Pippi likes this.
  3. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

As Rupert said the Joyetech AIO seems to be a good simple beginners set up but experienced vapers seem to find them useful too . Vaping seems complicated at first but begins to make more sense at you go along. Welcome to the Cafe BTW Shois.

Pippi and rupert like this.
  4. DogMan

DogMan Yes

put the ipower in wattage mode, start low, and gradually add watts until you like it

make sure your coils are kanthal, or SS, or nichrome

Pippi and Judith like this.
  5. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

6. Luke G

Luke G Member

Hi,
    I personally started with the eleaf iStick 40w and the kangertech subtank mini.

I find usage of the iStick range very straight forward and simple.

The subtanks are great little work horse with a range of coils for temp and wattage modes (from 0.15 up to 1.5 ohm i believe) good flavour and decent clouds. I still have my subtank mini in rotation now.

There is alot of variables to consider but this setup worked really well for me starting out.

rupert likes this.
  7. subyXV

subyXV Member

What about an Aspire K4. This is my current set up and as a starting set I love it.

rupert likes this.