Nico and laughters story

Discussion in 'Your Story' started by Nico and Laughter, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Tinkerbell

Well my childhood was a bit shit I grew up in an extremely religious, extremely abusive home.
    I went to uni when I was 20 to study biology and agriculture. And it was there that I started smoking. Saint Moritz, long menthol jobbies with gold bands near the filter. I thought I was so cool. I think I did it to piss off my mum. It worked, probably should have stopped once I had achieved the desired effect. But well I was young and I was gonna live to be 100.
    Anyway I developed depression and anxiety and self medicated with ciggies. Even now I think the struggle I had giving up was related to that.

I developed crohns disease at 40.

I have a son aged 22 and a daughter aged 17 both of whom have been diagnosed with bipolar mood disorder. Elliott lives in Ulladulla and Leyla lives with me in Wollongong. I also have Cuddles the worlds cleverest kitten. Of the three. Cuddles is by far the lowest maintenance.

I started vaping partly through curiosity and partly cause I thought that thingy might be useful when I ran out of cigarettes.

The first ecig I bought was a disposable ce4 blister pack and some cheap Chinese juice bought from a local tobacco shop. It leaked like sieve but it got me curious, dry hits and all.

So I googled ecigs and came up with soulblu, and bought an overpriced cigalike kit which was pretty shit. The tobacco flavoured eliquid wasn't too bad though, but not strong enough.

So thinking that it must just be their brand that was crap, I tried again with a cigalike kit from Mr ecig from windang. The sad thing about this encounter was that my best friend commented that I seem to know more about ecigs than the shop assistant did! Sad considering I had only been vaping for a week!

Of course this turned out to be just as crap as the first lot, so somehow during a google marathon I found avf and found some awesome vendors, got some good gear and started vaping.

What would I tell a newbie? Well mostly that while some people are lucky enough to start vaping and stop smoking straight away, it doesn't happen to everyone one. It took me two months of dual use till I finally worked it out, and I stressed far too much about it. If this happens to you ask lots of questions and keep trying to find your vaping groove and eventually you'll work it out.

What would I tell a politician? Check who funds the research you rely on. Vaping research is so polarised it is not unlike the global warming debate. Whilst vaping may have some unknown harmful side effects in the long term, smoking has many known side effects and it has been legally available for all of my life. Please don't interfere with me and many others choosing a much healthier alternative. It could cut many many lives short.

Oh and I seem to have developed a strange addiction to collecting various brands of starter kits. I'm searching for the ultimate cheap but elegant, tiny pretty vaping kit!

Thanks for reading my essay!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  2. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Good story N&L, I really enjoyed reading it. And thank you for being so open.

I did that too! I've since given them away to various people who asked me about vaping, so they do come in handy eventually.

3. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

hehe - I don't think there is an ultimate.... anything. There seems to always be something better, brighter and nicer "just around the corner."

Anyway, thanks for your story. Well done.

4. Nico and Laughter

I'm thinking about getting some prepaid post paks so I can post some stuff to newbies. I thought about posting some of my stuff to Joan but that would have left me short so I thought I'd get some postpaid ready for the next newbie.

Judith likes this.
  5. Nico and Laughter

Yeah I know its taken me a while to get here though. My problem is I wanna try everything. Actually that's always been my problem!!

6. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Don't stress about it. I put mine on a shelf where they stayed for ages. But one by one I got asked by friends or friends of friends about vaping and I gave each one of the starter kits, on the condition that if they didn't like them they had to pass them to a smoker who wants to try vaping.

Nice of you to think of Joan, but somehow I think she'll be ok. :)

Judith likes this.
  7. Nico and Laughter

Yeah I think Joan will be OK too. I've already done that with the cigalikes kits. I know I'll pif them to someone who needs them. It will be an awesome feeling.

Jennifer likes this.
  8. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I missed this when it was posted so thank you for your story Nico. :grinning:

9. Nico and Laughter

No worries honey.

10. Pufnstuf

Pufnstuf Carto Connoisseur

Thanks for taking the time to tell us your story Nico :)

Jennifer likes this.
  11. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Cigalikes do not work for the majority of people, they are more useful for dual use than as a stand alone product.
    I'm not surprised you found them shit LOL

Glad you went looking further into it & found some decent gear to use instead :)

Victory Vape likes this.
  12. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

Thanks nico. Great story. Good to hear you help people out with your starter packs. I wont give my first starter to anyone. Every now and then i pull out my v2 cigalike and have a puff or 10 just to remind myself how good ive got my vape setup nowadays.
    Keep vaping on and enjoy your winnings (concentrates). I missed out on winn8ng by 2 tickets :(

Browny likes this.
  13. Nico and Laughter

Leyla my daughter has decided that I'm going to make ejuice and she is going to make matching cakes with them!

Browny, DogMan, Judith and 2 others like this.
  14. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Thanks N&L. :kissing:

15. emu

emu Banned

Thanks Nico and Laughter,
    It's somehow comforting to know my childhood wasn't unique. Well done with your victory over the cigs and your perseverance with vaping. We can hope the only place cigarettes are found in the future is in the records of history.
    PS How did Uni go.....?

16. Nico and Laughter

Well uni was fun. Perhaps too much fun asI didn't finish it. I did two thirds of a science degree. Then went and did a childcare diploma at Tafe.

DogMan likes this.
  17. emu

emu Banned

Nothing wrong with Tafe, most of the country is built on us Tafe graduates, at least your science experience will help with DIY mixing I would think

DogMan likes this.
  18. Nico and Laughter

I loved tafe. Classes are smaller teachers were more approachable its a very good learning environment.
    And yeah I've never been scared of mixing.

19. emu

emu Banned

A lot of kids are scared of learning these days, so much pressure put on them before they know what they really want to do.

Nico and Laughter likes this.