Nitecore to release Magnetic Stirrer / Hotplate

Discussion in 'DIY Flavours, Mixing, Recipes' started by laurie9300, May 12, 2017.

1. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Looks the goods!

Charles Vaper, MetalOz, Pippi and 3 others like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Would any of these things work with a 500ml vessel of juice? curious ?

laurie9300 likes this.
  3. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

Looks like something that a flavour whore like @Charles Vaper might be interested in. Not too sure about the 'heating' aspect though, but at higher RPM, I guess you'd get some heating 'for free'.

Me, I'll just stick to my current method of sucking the juice up in a syringe and injecting it back into the mixing cup (with vigour) until it's all frothy & cloudy. Let it settle and it's RTV (well, for my tastes anyway). ;)

Charles Vaper likes this.
  4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Shake for 30 seconds & let sit for a week works fine for me.
    Expensive & unnecessary toy.

Flea and MetalOz like this.
  5. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

I think the Nitecore one would be more powerful than this one, this uses a fan as a motor....

Charles Vaper and Pippi like this.
  6. cloudwarrior

cloudwarrior Member

Would be great if it double as scales. But seems overkill just for the sake of a little shake

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Pippi likes this.
  7. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Flavour Whore? Yeah, we still need those T shirts mate. These can be handy, especially for higher VG liquids, or juice that needs to be as close as RTV as possible. They're great for blending unfamiliar mixes as one is experimenting too. I've had good results with them however....Two things that are important. The heating factor is a no no in many cases, especially if one is looking for consistency across batches, and one must cover the lid so as not to allow too much air into the juice.

And no, it's not just about the nicotine. Subtleties in certain concentrates can be diminished. To some degree Noe is correct, as shaking and putting in the cupboard is far preferable to most methods. However, to someone with a trained palate, and or who mixes or is developing large volumes of juice weekly, like myself, there is a place for such a device. These are far preferable to using Crock Pots or Ultrasonic Cleaners.

The Vaper likes this.
  8. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I looked at a review of this Nightcore mixer and was not impressed. Ok its got all the automatic features but the stirrer was not all that great.
    Here is the review I watched.

I found a better one on Ebay and this baby will do a beaker of up to 500mls. You can see in the picture the vortex it creates is quite acceptable this is a coconut mix @ 60VG 40 PG. $99.00

Does an excellent job.
    [​IMG]

Pippi likes this.