Noe's story - 5 years Vaping

Discussion in 'Your Story' started by Noe, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Like so many vapers I tried almost every way to quit. Cold Turkey worked for me for about a year & yes those first few weeks were murder to be around me. I found that every time i was around a smoker, the allure of starting again was a challenge of my will power, the smoke smelled so enticing.
    Eventually I was drunk enough to accept a cancer stick from someone & boom, I was hooked again, instantly.
    Since first using ecigs, I have found it easy to stop smoking, in the 5 years since I started I have had less than 2 cancer sticks & I now find smoke smells repulsive, rather than alluring.

Patches, gum, Zyban, Champix, nicorette inhaler, mini tabs, I tried all of those & I smoked while using most of them too, the best of the lot was the mini tabs, which kind of worked for a while but then i would smoke in the evening after work & just use them at work. Patches never really stuck to my skin, my skin type is oily & the only way I could get them to stick was by using medical tape which I am allergic to, leaving red marks on my skin & sometimes even blistering but I would smoke while wearing patches, gum, I found even more useless as an aid for quitting, smoking while I had a piece in my mouth. The psycho meds, didn't stop me wanting to smoke but they did mess with my mind while I was taking them, I smoked just as much , popped the pills & generally just had side effects like fog on my mind, lowered sex drive & nausea constantly.

The only thing that worked to keep me off of cancer sticks, with no thought of taking them up again, is vaping.
    Had I known about Swedish Snus before I started vaping, I probably would have tried that & I believe that would have worked too but I only discovered Snus after I had been vaping for more than 2 years. So I while i can't say for certain it would have worked, I have tried Snus & even stopped vaping for a time while using it, without feeling any allure from cancer sticks when around smokers.
    I have no plans to quit vaping, I think if I did, I would be tempted to smoke again, if snus & snuff were unavailable & vaping was banned, I am almost certain I would smoke again.
    I never started vaping with the idea that I would quit smoking, I was just curious to see how they worked & thought that if they could help supplement my smoking (ie dual use) then it'd have to be better than smoking as often as I was, I believed the quit campaign that said every smoke is doing you harm, ergo every smoke I didn't have wasn't going to do me harm.

So I took up vaping, the moment my kit arrived & told myself I would see how long I could go before needing a smoke, just by using the kit. Well a day turned into a week, a week into 2 weeks, at which point I allowed myself to have a cancer stick & it made me feel physically sick, I almost vomited but I forced myself to finish smoking it, it was disgusting & made me feel disgusting, I needed a shower to get rid of the smell. From that point on, I knew I had switched to vaping & that going back to smoking was only something I would do if obtaining nicotine ejuice became impossible, while it could be imported I'd be fine of course it would make life easier if I could buy it like I can buy cancer sticks but I decided right then to make sure I planned ahead & kept an adequate supply, running out was not an option.
    Five years later & through vaping, combined with a little snus, I am still a non smoker, my health is better than it would be if I smoked, I breath easier with no hacking & coughing like I did when I smoked, I feel generally better & I don't smell like an ashtray.
    Vaping may not work for everyone but it certainly worked for me.

Maria, Muma Bear, Firekombi and 21 others like this.
  2. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I love an accidental quitting story. Took your time but it was worth waiting for. Thanks Noe.

Pippi and Noe like this.
  3. Oldhead

Oldhead Member

I love true stories with happy endings.
    Too much shit and disheartening news around.

Aqualung, Pippi, Noe and 1 other person like this.
  4. Noe

It was an "accidental" "my story" too LOL
    I was replying to something else & it just continued to flow, so I went with it & posted it here, while trimming the other post :D

5. laurie9300

laurie9300 Armature Boy

Congratulations noe! Great story!

Christina Ballerina, Noe and Pippi like this.
  6. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

Thanks Noe, great to hear your story.

Noe likes this.
  7. Angela

Angela Admin

Great story Noe. Stick with it - I'm sure you'll get the hang of vaping eventually. :D

8. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Obviously a question fraught with danger but I'll give it a go....

What was your first device and eliquid Noe?

DogMan, Noe and Judith like this.
  9. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Snus rarely gets press. I'd never heard of it until AVF, and still thought it was pronounced "snusss" for ages

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Muma Bear, Noe and Nico and Laughter like this.
  10. Noe

My first device was a Riva kit, which came with cartridges & Joye 510 atomisers (disposable drippers). The Carts were designed with a filler material inside that you dripped juice into, which then supposedly dripped through a mesh filter above the coil in the atomised & got vaporised, in practice they were a useless design that saw the Carts getting melted by the coil (they were plastic) & giving off toxic fumes. Back in those days, there were several "mods" which were applied to the carts, to try to get them working better, Pyramid teabag mod, flaval mod, blue foam mod & one that involved cuting a 10mm piece of drinking straw with a v at both ends & filling with filter wool, all to try & feed the coil better but none of them really worked.
    THe Best way to use the atomiser was without the cart & by instead using a drip tip (like the ones we use today) & Direct Dripping, this is how RDAs were evolved, from this practice.
    At the time cartos were available & Boge made the best cartos, there were no tanks unless you DiYed one yourself or paid a modder to make one for you (if you were lucky enough to know one), these tanks weren't as glamorous as the tanks we have today, many were made from 10ml Syringes, adapted in various ways to suit the purpose we needed them to suit. Cartos though were easy enough to use, simple & effective, so I stuck with those (no carto tank) for about a year before moving on to other devices, if it wasn't for cartos I would have been dripping, which was a much messier proposition but it worked.

My first juice was a PiF'd juice some kind of blueberry menthol that tasted terrible & there was also an apple menthol (the guy loved menthol & I don't lol), the apple wasn't too bad but it still wasn't really to my liking because of the menthol.
    It was enough to last me until my own nic , flavor concentrates & PG/VG bases arrived & from that moment on I DiYed my own juice, so about a week or two after I got my Kit I was DiYing my own juice. One of the very first juices I made was apple mango peach, this later became AMPED (after some additions, refinement & adjustments), a flavor in the list of doublers I make. It was one I vaped quite often in the early days, since it was one of the more interesting combinations I could make easily.

Judith and Donna like this.
  11. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Tinkerbell

Cool story Noe, glad you finally posted your story. Nice to hear it. Glad vaping has improved since then. I don't think I would have made it with the early stuff. Congrats on five years.

Noe and Donna like this.
  12. margyb

margyb Senior Member

Thanks for your story Noe and all your reviews :):):)

Christina Ballerina, Noe and DogMan like this.
  13. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

Great story Noe , 5 years is bloody good.

Noe likes this.
  14. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

good story noe ,

Noe likes this.
  15. emu

emu Banned

Well done Noe thanks for sharing your story and for your great advice from an experienced long term vaper that you are.

Noe and Pippi like this.
  16. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Thank you for sharing @Noe. We really appreciate to hear such stories, especially us newbs.

Pippi and Noe like this.
  17. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

Noe, I have appreciated your calm, thoughtful and thorough advice elsewhere in the forums.

I appreciate your frank and open description here. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Noe, Pippi and KayP like this.
  18. KayP

KayP Senior Member

I appreciated your lion story

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

19. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

He still wont send you free juice !:rofl:

Noe, Cloudy and KayP like this.
  20. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

Cmon Noe, prove Pippi wrong! Ry4 50/50 0mg.

I was not suckin up! I was trying to be nice.

Noe, KayP and Pippi like this.