1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

OM Vapors Unflavoured WTA Base.

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by DogMan, Apr 26, 2016.

1. DogMan

DogMan Yes

I only got this this morning, so haven't spent a long time with it.

I ordered 36mg WTA Base in 100% VG

If you know about WTA in general, you can skip this next paragraph or so.

What is WTA?

WTA stands for Whole Tobacco Alkaloids. These alkaloids include nicotine, nornicotine, anabasine, and anatabine. Nicotine is the primary alkaloid in tobacco, with the "minor alkaloids" making up about 5% of the total. But to some, they are important.

OK, so what does "Alkaloid" mean?

A common misconception is that alkaloid means alkaline, they sound similar, but alkaloids can also be neutral, or acidic. An alkaloid is a chemical rich in nitrogen.

OK, the juice...

I am a bit of a fiend. I really like a good nicotine and other alkaloid OD, so experiment for yourself on quantities. I mixed this at 2 millilitres of 36mg base with 6 millilitres of 24mg nicotine liquid :cancan:

I have previously tried Mother's Milk WTA, and Aroma Ecig WTA, so will make comparisons to those. This Om Vapors lacks the instant hit feeling of well being that I get from Aroma, but sitting and vaping a few good puffs compared well enough with the substantially more expensive Mother's Milk. To me, it seems to be heavier on Nicotine content in the balance of chemicals. Possibly a different balance of minor alkaloids, but having never vaped straigh nornicotine etc, and cannot hazard a guess as to specifics.

In terms of craving reduction, I have used this juice all day, and have not felt the need to use smokeless tobacco products.

Extracting WTA is not a perfect process. It is not as refined as extracting nicotine alone, and the minor alkaloids do have a distinct flavour. The three brands I have tried vary, but all taste like a tobacco eliquid. This Om Vapors liquid has a strong pepperiness, and mild chemical taint to that tobacco taste. But it is worth noting that I find most flavours to have artificial/chemical qualities. I vape unflavoured, and a touch of menthol or something may straighten this out.

To further test this taste, I dripped 6 drops of straight 36mg into an RDA. Even at that level, the chemical quality was not overpowering in the way I find most Aussie doublers are.

But the real selling point of this juice is the price. Ordered from most costly to least costly, prices for WTA base are:

Aroma [24mg] $29usd + $35 post for 15ml
    Mother's Milk [36mg] $24 + $14 for 15ml
    Om Vapors [36mg] $40 + 14 post for 120ml

Permanent coupon codes also exist:

[​IMG]om by Dogman OfOz, on Flickr

And that is, above anything else, the selling point. Even at my high doses, with coupons and free shipping over $100, a year of ADV WTA equates to $140 usd. Which is less than I spend on smokeless tobacco.

I have vaped around 3ml total since 9am. On a regular day, I would vape up to 8 by this time. So if you are looking to get through long periods where vaping is not an option, this is also a good thing to look at.

I definitely prefer the Aroma, but the price of this may get it over the line as my ADV. The alkaloid hit seems comparable to MM, perhaps slightly weaker, but again at the price, I can just vape more :)

:om:

Catweazle, Stomp, embee and 4 others like this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Yes

3. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Excellent, thanks Dan

DogMan likes this.
  4. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Wow, thanks Dan. This is good information.

DogMan likes this.
  5. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Thank you Dan (everyone else is calling you Dan). Very useful for future purchases.

DogMan likes this.
  6. DogMan

DogMan Yes

I should probably note that hiliq tastes peppery to me. As a gauge of my taste buds.

I'll be putting in a bulk order soon. Just in case they realise how ott the coupons are and abandon them

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Pippi and Judith like this.
  7. Lisa Garcia

Lisa Garcia New Member

Oh look, you got a box just like mine! :thumbup: I got my first order from Om Vapors this morning also. Which means they had their liquids delivered to both ends of the world in the same day, lol (Australia is on the antipodes of Portugal). Never used WTA liquids before, but so far I'm liking it. I used the coupons and got free delivery to Portugal. I stocked up... bought a total of 327 ml, which includes a whole lot of unflavored base but also some flavors: Nirvana, Tiger and Mantra. I'm vaping Mantra at 6 ml concentration with like 3 or 4 drops of unflavored 24 mg concentration. I usually vape tobacco flavored eliquids, but I'm liking the taste of Mantra so far - to me it tastes a bit like strawberry chewing gum. Probably not something I'll vape everyday, but still, it's a nice change and I can see myself vaping this flavor once in a while. Next step will be to vape the unflavored base, by itself. I'm curious about that, but my vaper is an all-in-one, so, no replacement tank to try different juices.

Stomp, Noe and Pippi like this.
  8. DogMan

DogMan Yes

Welcome Lisa :)

9. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

Thanks Dogman .

DogMan likes this.
  10. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Welcome to VCA Lisa, please hang around & join in on our other discussions too.
    While we are mainly an Aussie forum, we have members here from other countries too & enjoy getting their perspectives on the vaping world :)

11. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Is that 120ml bottle glass & the dropper too?
    It looks like glass.

12. DogMan

DogMan Yes

yep, glass with dropper.

Jerry Hatrick and Pippi like this.
  13. Jerry Hatrick

DogMan , I assume you have been using this for a few days now .
    Will you still be doing a bulk order ?
    That will tell me all I need to know :sillygrin:

DogMan likes this.
  14. DogMan

DogMan Yes

yeah, next week.

Pippi likes this.
  15. Jerry Hatrick

Great, thanks mate.

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  16. Aussie

Aussie Senior Member

Thanks DM, I've been wondering if I should try WTA. Your detailed post and the low cost convinced me to give it a go.
    Many thanks.

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  17. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

One small warning though. If vaping is enough for you then WTA liquids are not necessary. If you have occasional strong urges to smoke or have that missing feeling they might help with that. I don't want to use WTA liquid although I have replaced that need for WTA with an occasional snuff. I bought the WTA liquid for my smoking son.

Noe, Aussie, RC. and 1 other person like this.
  18. DogMan

DogMan Yes

This. Nic alone isn't that dependency forming. WTA is

Noe, Aussie, Jerry Hatrick and 2 others like this.
  19. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Thanks Dan, that is what I was trying to say but doing it badly.

DogMan likes this.
  20. DogMan

DogMan Yes

Ordered 20 bottles. It is on back order though. This will be interesting.

Catweazle, Pippi and Judith like this.