1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Recently mentioned and atrociously named RDA

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Gasman, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I sometimes watch reviews from Toddsreviews who appears to me to be a likable Scottish bloke who conducts reviews from his shed. I would suggest that he's also as honest as can be expected.

For those that are interested he's posted a review on the Wanko RDA. It is all very tongue in cheek and towards the end he admits he only originally done it as a joke. He actually admits that the atty isn't too bad despite its name, although the coils appear to leave a bit to be desired.

Now that's the strange thing to me as it's an RDA but comes supplied with three coils which actually look like fuses. You simply plug them in like you would a fuse into sprung clasps.

Novel idea and it would seem you can rebuild them or build your own and take the clasps out. I've actually noticed that FT now sell spare coils for it.

Just thought I'd mention it.

margyb and rupert like this.
  2. Posterboy

Posterboy Senior Member

I've heard it's reliable. You can banko on the wanko.

Bit seriously, I vanished from work for 5 mins. The boss asked me where I'd been.
    Went for a wanko break I said.

Flea, Noe, sirfoxey and 2 others like this.
  3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I've had a bit of a think about the Wanko RDA (there is also an RTA version now), those fuse type coils, could they be replaced with Notch coils?
    I believe that would be better than using those fuse type coils, which by all accounts are a bit unreliable & of varying quality. Notch coils however are a single piece coil & thus should not suffer from the same variability

Such a shame about the name of the Wanko, thaty alone puts a lot of vapers off of trying it (myself included) but it could be a very good atty & with notch cois instead of fuse coils it may be even better.

See what you did Gasman, you made me think about having a Wanko & posting about it!!!

4. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

I know someoone that has one and He says its rubish as the coils work loose when transported around. He has tried taking the clips of and fiting the Wismec Notch coils buy says that this rda is just don't cut it.