Recommend a pen or other style for quitting?

Discussion in 'General Hardware Discussion' started by Richard Watkins, Jun 8, 2018.

1. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

Here you go
    https://thevape.guide/aspire-pockex-review/

Noe likes this.
  2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Yes that is correct.
    The liquid will be pressed out from between the contacts, just be sure only to fill to the line marked on the metal part of the tank, about 1/2 way up the glass or you'll end up with spillage.

3. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

I hope you're enjoying the PockeX, it's such a great starter kit and certainly suitable long-term.
    Now, I only wish that Aspire would make a Pro version that takes 18650's. :banana:

Rayjay likes this.
  4. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Totally agree with you Charles, built in batteries are good, in all starter kit mods. The only issue I have and I love my Penguin and Dolphin, is that when the inbuilt battery dies you have to throw away the complete unit. 18650 batteries are far cheaper. :(

emu and Charles Vaper like this.
  5. Richard Watkins

Richard Watkins New Member

Rayjay likes this.
  6. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I have always said 95% of goods from fasttech are pathetic and useless. Cheap is not always best.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

7. Richard Watkins

I bought a couple of these. Well made and the batteries last a long time. However, there are two important cons. First, they are difficult to refill because the coil, full of liquid and dripping, has to be put down somewhere or held over the PockeX which refilling it. Second, if I fill to the "max" line I always suck up some liquid the first few times I use it. I tried leaving it for a few hours, but that did not make much difference. The problem can be solved by blowing, expelling excess liquid through the air holes; a messy process. So now I only part fill them.

Other than that I think they are better than e-go designs and I am happy with them.

8. Richard Watkins

I am still afflicted by the desire to buy cheep! As I have now quit for > 1 1/2 years without problems, cost is no longer relevant and I should buy good stuff.

Rayjay likes this.
  9. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

For refilling I use a paper towel or tissue to rest the topcap/coil on but first I vape the Pockex until it is near dry, then there is less liquid on the coil to begin with when refilling. I also I sit the coil over the tank for half a minute or so, to allow most of the drips to fall into the tank.

For the problem you are having with filling to full, when you have taken the top cap off to fill, seal the airhole/ring with your thumb & forefinger around it, then blow through the coil while still in the empty tank. This should expell some juice from inside the coil but wont expell it all (don't worry it'll still be wet enough to vape), then when you fill the tank & replace the topcap the pressure will cause juice to go back into the coil but now instead of being too wet it should be just about right, without the mess.

Hope that helps :)