Response to attacks from ex Board member.

Discussion in 'New Nicotine Alliance Australia' started by Dr Attila Danko, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Dr Attila Danko

Dr Attila Danko Senior Member

It's totally true that the post on VCA is public, as it's meant to be. However, different social media has a different reach and audience and purpose, think of it like the difference between radio, TV and movies, and the difference between a local radio station and the National News.

VCA is where we discuss more internal things, and people have to be interested in the details to come here. If people have specific worries and concerns about the NNA because of attacks they see, they will seek out information like our post on internal things to do with the NNA AU. However, Twitter has a much wider but more superficial reach. It's for the bigger issues, the political arguments, the soundbites of public advocacy. The audience we want to reach on Twitter are the people who are interested in the controversy about vaping, and most importantly the people on the fence about it. The National News would never deal with the troubles that a surburban cricket club has, while a local radio station would.

VCA is like a local radio station, and it's appropriate to air these things here, but this issue is not appropriate for the national news.

I think we are close to the end of the troubles, and I'm very optimistic that we will be a much more inclusive and effective group from now on. Even if we continue to receive the same attacks, my view is that if we build our group with more openness and with more people helping out and really being the group that vapers want us to be then those attacks will fall on deaf ears, and it won't matter.

I'm very excited about the new board and the new energy we have.

Noe, Gasman, DogMan and 4 others like this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

The question is whether Andrew should be allowed to publicly defend using attilas words from here.

I think it was a bit of a low act. But nothing new for Andrew

Rayjay and Nico and Laughter like this.
  3. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

I cannot recall a single time when you've disagreed with what I wrote or did that I've managed to convince you of my case, so I won't start trying now. Especially given my judgement on that tweet has been questioned by others as well, and has tempered my actions in the future.

Have a nice weekend.

margyb, Rayjay and DogMan like this.
  4. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Airing past dirty laundry in public achieves little IMHO. People that do so only belittle themselves and from what little I have seen thus far and I admit I have not been looking for the scandal sheets/posts, all should do their best to move forward.

I have also heard on the grape vine that there is a new advocacy group forming as to where and when only Dr. Attilla and Dr.Collin knows at this stage and I am led to understand it will be a very powerful lobby. I wish all activists and lobby groups God's blessings and only wish that needless animosity would cease. Unity of purpose and pooling of resources is what is needed and not endless sh....t fights. The past is the past dead but alas for some reason not quite yet buried how I wish in all sincerity it could be.

Nico and Laughter likes this.