San Fransico USA Bans all flavored ejuice sales

Discussion in 'Research, Health and Legal' started by Noe, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

This could have flow on effects all across the USA!

San Fransico bans flavors

margyb likes this.
  2. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

The Vaper likes this.
  3. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

Very sad getting kids to hold placards

CANDY FLAVOURED TOBACCO PRODUCTS FFS

Noe likes this.
  4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Yep Bloomberg poured millions of his own $ into the campaign.

5. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

I heard New York & Chicago were ready to jump onto this bandwagon. :thumbsdown:

margyb likes this.
  6. jslJustin

jslJustin New Member

Terrible news! I have an Aunt who lives in San Francisco, she has been vaping for many years, and she actually was part of the reason I switched to vaping from cigs.

Let's hope this doesn't flow on to other areas in the US. They have lots of good e-juice vendors!

margyb likes this.
  7. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

BT is a billion $ industry. Tobacco growing is similar. Before the advent of vapes who ever heard of flavoured tobacco?

The best I ever came across was vanilla or cherry flavored cigars and my favourite pipe tobacco was Cherry Cavendish.

Whilst I hate BT with a passion and would not trust their products any further that I could throw them we have to consider what for the most of us ex smokers vaping set out to acheive?

To quit stinkies and their addetives !

Granted, I love the myriad of flavours available in e-juice which in the majority are food flavour concentrates and are safe for human ingestion, I remain sceptical about their suitability for human inhalation.

Many ex smokers that I have helped to quit stinkies are in the majority interested in tobacco flavored e-juice or that of their favourite alcoholic beverage.

I too am mystified why there came a plethora of flavours, and I remain as stated if the candy or fruity flavors are safe as stated above. I can see the logic of legislators considering that these would be attractive to kids.

Menthol cigarettes were always available and this is the only prohibition I cannot comprehend.

In closing my reply, I would reluctantly agree with the ban and say that vapes designed to help smokers quit should be in tobacco flavors only and not in food, lollies fruit or beverage flavors.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. jslJustin

jslJustin New Member

I'd be happy as long as they don't ban all flavours or vaping in general. The last thing Australian vapers and our Nanny state needs is more reason to keep banning stuff here..

Like "see? They have banned [this and that] in the US. See? Nanny was right all along. Now go back, and smoke, and pay us a ton of taxes! Nanny knows best."

As for flavours, I am ok with not allowing the candy, bubble-gum, even fruit flavours, but allow things like tobacco, nut, coffee, alcohol type flavours - you know, the more "adult" flavours?

Problem is, how do you police and ban some flavours but not others?

And part of the success of getting off smokes and switching to vaping is the fun and excitement of trying a whole lot of different flavours...

Rayjay likes this.
  9. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I agree to some extent but my phobia remains as to just what am I inhaling. I used to be personally a aquainted with a local vendor here in Tasmania. His assistant would always vape flavor less Nic juice for the reasons I previously stated yet he had no hesitation in selling flavoured e juice to customers.

I only myself vape one flavor which is my own invention consisting of Kentucky Bourbon Custard and Almond.

10. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

Both of which are now banned in SF.
    Their most common reasoning is that a high proportion of African Americans smoke menthol. So .. 'racism'?

Rayjay likes this.
  11. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

I just posted this expansion of my thoughts on Twitter. Since I'm too lazy to reformat the text for VCA, here's the image (of the text).

[​IMG]

margyb and Rayjay like this.
  12. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

So they are banned in SF . No biggie, Ejuice with Nicotine banned in Au. I can still get and vape both. Flavourings will always be available. People will just have to learn to DIY as they did in the prohibition era in the USA.

As to old folks and ordering on line. I am 67 going on 68 and taught myself adequate computer skills to get by.

jslJustin likes this.
  13. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

LOL, look at it this way @jslJustin , These Ninny Nannies have been throwing all sorts of obstacles in the path of vapers. I have now been vaping for near on 5 years. In this time period I have experimented with all sorts of products, materials and devices in the event that Vapageddon hits. All of us Aussie vapers are criminals, i.e. those that vape nicotine e-juice and you know what mate, I do not give a rats a.....

I would rather go to jail for vaping nicotine rather than end up in a hospice for the dying from smoking.

As I stated in previous posts, my only concern is that flavoured e-juice, that is flavoured with food type flavourings, which BTW I have and do use, little is known about them as to the effects they will have on inhalation. Granted, the majority of concentrates I use is as little as 4-10% and when you consider all the toxic additives that cigarette manufacturers in years past put into ready made cigarettes, I do feel to a degree I am a lot safer using these.

I have been mixing my own e-juice for myself and others for four and a half years and thus far have suffered no adverse effects. As to smoking, my GP told me 5 years ago that if I did not quit smoking I would be dead in 18 months as my lungs were almost totally screwed. She cannot believe the difference that vaping made to my respiratory system at the last check up two months ago.

jslJustin and emu like this.
  14. jslJustin

jslJustin New Member

Yes, I totally agree, Rayjay.

God forbid we ever reach Vapageddon (great term, btw, lol), and I, although only 3-4 weeks off the cigs, dread the thought that if Vapageddon hits, what do I do? Smoke? I definitely don't want to be in a situation where vaping is banned and smoking seems like the only option again. And like you, at 50 I was diagnosed with emphysema (I don't know how severe), and quitting has improved my health a lot already. I no longer wheeze and sound like a broken bird when I lie down at night.

I agree that flavour-less juice is probably best. I read on a few online forums some people recommending no flavour for e-juice. It definitely is the safest way to go. And buying flavoured juice is a bit of a lottery, too. My first lot of juice I ordered, most of it was quite good, but a few, not so, in that I can only vape them for a short while before I am sick of them. And one flavour (choc mocha it was called), was like vaping grandma's perfume. It was bad.

But for the moment, I am assured that even with flavourings, vaping is still much better for us than smoking. My longer term goals are to reduce the nic and hopefully eventually have no nic at all. Then maybe quit vaping. This is long term though. At the moment, I am just happy and committed to not smoking.
    Anyway, I got tired of being forced to hire an expensive 'Nanny', who was charging me more than $100 a week in tax for the 'honour' of killing myself slowly. So I was over the moon when I was able to say goodbye to the "Super greedy murderous Nanny" :cancan:

Flea, emu and Rayjay like this.
  15. emu

emu Senior Member

If ya go to jail you won't be smoking or vaping PMSL

Rayjay likes this.
  16. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Oh well ya will quit cold turkey and save a motza when you come out.

17. jslJustin

jslJustin New Member

And we can pick up a tattoo while in there, too.

Hey, here's an idea for a new e-juice flavour: Halo Cigs - "Cold Turkey Surprise". - For those times you want to withdraw, while still having a vape. :rofl:

18. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I wouldn't use Halo myself. Overpriced in their fancy packaging. Tried it once never again.

19. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

RC. likes this.
  20. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Lol what happens in the USA is of little worry to me as long as we Aussies can get what we want from wherever is all that matters. Fedex freight from the USA is rediculous. Trump wants to put America first well F....k him. I maintain Australia first and will always give Australian vendors first bite of the cherry.