Say something, anything.

Discussion in 'Over 50s' started by emu, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

No fun from me. I have tried but come up empty. A perfectly useless government but since the opposition is not much better we are in a total mess with no leadership in sight.

Pippi, DogMan and snuffy like this.
  2. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I will look up a vid that was posted, well perhaps if you are interested, where the Canadian PM and John Howard our PM at the time gave a speech on Weapons of mass destruction quite awhile ago.

Someone wrote the script as it is word for word the same except for the name of the country.

AS an aside:

I was a friend of sorts with the Whitlam's and the stories I heard about this Turnbull prick would have you thinking about Uncle Adolf, as a nice guy in comparison.

These ****s ban the bounty of the Earth and try to act as if they are being nice to us with all the shit they constantly throw at us.

I may seem irrational but be that as it may, I try to think and not succumb to propaganda, which leads me back to that vid I was talking about in the first sentence.

Ok, I will try and find it as it is an interesting thing to ponder.

Pippi, snuffy and Judith like this.
  3. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Who wrote it first? You don't need to answer because I know Howard would be the plagiarist.

Pippi and RC. like this.
  4. RC.

RC. Senior Member

There seem to be script writers around, I think they are sort of in charge of stuff to be be digested, but haven't found the one I am looking for yet, to post.

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  5. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Did you ever see the Simpson's episode where homer grew hair and became an executive? I think it works like that. But the Donald only followed script two days following the election

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Pippi, Judith and RC. like this.
  6. subyXV

subyXV Member

Yes Turncoat is more ALP than Liberal but he has to be better than that other joke who allegedly is the head of the ALP. We all have our own political views and may not agree with each other, but i see a distinct bias in this thread.

7. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

If comments here appear to be biased it may be because the NLP seem to have gone out of their way to attack almost all sectors of society leaving many people feeling rather cross and the nature of human beings is to have opinions. IMO Turnbull is the greatest robber baron of them all but has a charming personality to go with his sociopathology so it is not immediately obvious to most people. Older Liberals like Frazer were horrified by the modern Liberal Party because it has gone so far to the right. The Labor Party has lost the plot completely but will almost certainly be elected next time without any changes to their culture, which would be a pity. IMO they are all loathsome so I guess that is biased.

8. Flea

Flea Senior Member

I'll come out of the closet.............

I've been a labour voter all my life,
    But I want what Pauline Hanson wants.

Stomp likes this.
  9. RC.

RC. Senior Member

Interesting times ahead, well I reckon.

I actually support no one but sitting here with mouth agape, just wondering what is next.

Judith, Flea and Pippi like this.
  10. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Interesting times indeed. The current state of the world is not boring at least and US politics is being very amusing these days so I am being kept entertained even if a lot of other people aren't. We can't change anything, even if we knew what to change, so we might as well relax and enjoy the ride.

DogMan, RC. and Pippi like this.
  11. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

I wish I had your attitude, these days I try to avoid it as my heart bleeds for all those suffering at the hands of the self serving egomaniacs in power here and across the globe. Its farked so very farking farked :(
    Did I mention its also farking hot and I may be very grumpy?

Donna, DogMan, Judith and 1 other person like this.
  12. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I love Pippi weather reports and how they are affecting her.

Please keep mentioning them "our little Princess".

Nice and cool here here in Sydney at the moment.

PS: I hate weather too in all its manifestations:)

DogMan, Maria and Pippi like this.
  13. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

I love weather, all except for Farking summer but Winter is my happy place, especially if there is mud, rain and snow :)

DogMan, Judith, Maria and 1 other person like this.
  14. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Love all seasons but happiest in summer. Enjoy the heat but it is hard for some.

subyXV and Judith like this.
  15. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I am sure that you had a bit of a whine about the weather last Winter Pipp's but I am not going to check.

I prefer Winter too, but weather to me is a bit of an astral indecisiveness of the gods. A distraction that is implanted by them.

Kim, who is my best friend and whom I love dearly is a would be weather controller and reckons she can influence its repercussions by playing with windows and doors. I would never dissuade her from her heartfelt beliefs, but fucking hell, I do chuckle at times that it is possible to influence the unmerciful gods of intense heat.

Pippi, DogMan and Judith like this.
  16. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I worked as a welfare officer for a chunk of my life. During my course, when I was doing a placement, I had a major crisis (because I used to be like you) and realised I had to get rid of empathy which achieves nothing positive. It's just a matter of figuring out if your empathy is achieving anything because if it is not doing anything constructive and is just depressing you it makes the world a poorer place. I still get upset by world events but being powerless to do anything about it I figure I should just be the best person I can (considering my many faults) and do useful stuff when I can (like advocate for vaping). It has taken a lot of hard work and many positive and negative life experiences to get to this point and many times seeing first hand that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". It also most likely helps that one of my major flaws is a strong streak of cynicism.

Donna, Pippi, Stomp and 1 other person like this.
  17. RC.

RC. Senior Member

Judith, I would love so much to have a chat with you in person.

I am really enthralled by the empathy statements, I really am.

I have a bit of a thing about empathy vs compassion and that sort of stuff and would jump at any opportunity to delve deeper.

You have me thinking, yep another cool evening in Sydney.

Judith likes this.
  18. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Hate phones and don't know when I will get to Sydney but one of these years.

RC. likes this.
  19. RC.

RC. Senior Member

Years are sort of like days to me but I reel in horror whenever my phone rings. I getcha.

I did say in person and I meant a thing where we could actually just hang out, you know,as incarnate beings just having a chat and shooting the breeze, so to speak.

I guess that is what vape meets do, but I have never had the fortitude to ever attend one because I tend to shyness, well except on the internet.

Judith and DogMan like this.
  20. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I get what you are saying Judith. About 10 times a work day I have to consciously tell myself; 'I'll just put that pain aside for now so that I can be of use to this person'.

To me empathy is 'suffering with', compassion is 'understanding suffering'. When I'm suffering with someone I'm rendered impotent, when I'm understanding their suffering I can figure out where there is a small thing I can do to help, right now, in this moment, rather than be utterly overwhelmed by the other's pain.

Most often that is simply listening without feeling and expressing pity/empathy....doing that gives people the space to get stuff off their chest without them having to deal with my pain/pity detracting from their experience.

It's strange, but often when people are rushing to express their empathy with the other person's suffering it becomes a bit 'all about them', which is unfair to the suffering person.

Donna, Pippi, Judith and 1 other person like this.