Sigelei 75w tc

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by Gasman, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I would just like to let anybody know who might be a little apprehensive about giving TC a go that I personally find the Sigelei a magnificent mod.
    As posted before I am a techno turd and find some menus too confusing. I enjoy using something simple and straightforward. I know I'm an idiot but I may as well admit it!

This device is simple enough even for me to get my brain around and I have been using it now in TC mode for a couple of weeks with no problems or head scratching.
    I was about ready to forget about TC as it was all to hard and appeared to me to be of little reward for my efforts but this device changed that and I now enjoy it.

I've been using it with the subtank mini with nickel coils and the combination has been performing flawlessly. It's only single 18650 but I'm getting a working day out of a charge which is fine by me. Size wise it's just about perfect in my opinion too.
    I do enjoy the capability of being able to almost drain the tank and change the juice with very little ghosting of flavour.

I won't embarrass myself by attempting any kind of review on it as that would be a disaster and there's enough on line from people who know what they're talking about anyway.

This is just my honest opinion from an average vaper who was hesitant to join the TC bandwagon but is glad he did.

Browny, The Vaper, Judith and 6 others like this.
  2. emu

emu Banned

Thanks Gasman, I've been using isticks with GS Air tanks and a Nautilus BVC tank from day dot and really happy with the hit and flavour.

I've been looking to upgrade to TC because my pure VG is easy to burn if the vw is to high, I like how the istick turns itself off when it's down to a certain level and locks so I can't drain it any more.

Also it shuts down when fully charged and if I get caught out it's got the pass through feature, I wanted to ask you if the Segelei has those features and do you find the sweet spot by temperature rather than voltage and watt's....?

Maggie and Gasman like this.
  3. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

In order to answer your questions now I can't answer them all ( as in both!) as I do not know about pass through off the top of my head. I shall have a look at the instructions tomorrow and let you know.

The reason I don't know is personally I don't like the thought of putting a device near my ugly mug whilst it's charging and so have never tried or looked into if you can. I simply carry a spare battery in a case and swap them over when drained.
    When the battery is drained it flashes check battery and obviously stops working. I don't know if it's my imagination but the last few vapes seem a bit weak giving me a bit of an indication. Another good thing is it remembers your previous setting so you don't have to stuff around with it all over again.

In regard to the sweet spot temperature seemed to work for me. I have it set to 410 degrees F and 45w. I initially mucked around with temperatures seemed to find what I liked and then done the same with wattage settling on the above. I did a bit of research and that temperature seems about the normal but some people seem to go to what I consider to be incredibly high wattage.

My idea was to try temperature first as that was the new bit to me and wattage should be quite easy and obvious. In a manner of speaking to fine tune it as such. Don't know if that's the normal way but it works for me.

DaveJ, emu and laurie9300 like this.
  4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Wattage will affect the time it takes the coil to get up to the set temperature (ramp up time), when in TC mode the temperature is the limiting factor on the coil, not the wattage.
    So if you have your mod set to 200w @ 410 C the coil will ramp up much faster than if you have your mod set to 45w @ 410 C but the vape will be the same, once the coil heats up.
    The idea of using higher watts is to reduce the time between firing the button & the coil reaching the desired temp, personally that split second doesn't bother me so much.

The Vaper, Maggie, Gasman and 3 others like this.
  5. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Hi meq ( can I call you meq)
    I just looked inside the Sigeli user manual and on the very first page highlighted in red with a warning are the words.... " for your safety don't use this product when it's being charged " so I think that's a no with that one!

I see Noe has posted above with some guidance which seems to qualify what I have experienced without knowing why.
    As I said I worked with temperature and thought I was fine tuning with wattage. I did not realise that was how TC worked but that's something I will now remember so thanks Noe.

I actually was experimenting again with it this morning after reading that and it makes perfect sense as when I upped the temperature to 420 I didn't like it as much but with wattage I could tell no difference.
    I will agree with Noe and say the ramp up time I experienced is just fine at that setting and I noticed no discernible difference with higher wattage. I did not ramp it up to 75w but did go up to 60.
    Would lower power mean longer battery life?
    I would have thought so.

Im sure that different tanks, coils etc would have a bearing on your personal preferences and the final vape but I'm commenting on the Kanger subtank with nickel coils.

See why I didn't try and do some sort of half arsed amateurish review now can't you!

Honestly from one everyday vaper with no reason to try and persuade you to buy it,if you want an easy to understand menu, reasonable size and just a device that works this seems to be the ticket.

That's my honest opinion anyway.

6. emu

emu Banned

On ya Noe and Gasman, crystal clear now and all that info helped me make my mind up.
    I'm gunna stay with istick and a GS tank, call me a girl but I like the smaller size as I can drop it in my shirt pocket easily.

With the added bonus of two complete kit's for around $150 delivered it's even more attractive.
    I knew eleaf made TC coils for the GS AIR tank but I just discovered the new GS
    22 mm tank a few days ago.

It holds 3 ml of juice and nice and short with a cool drip tip. Comes apart easily for servicing.
    [​IMG]
    I will go with the istick TC 40 watt which they claim is more economical on juice and the charge lasts longer than the vv/vw mods.
    Only $49 and with all the features that I'm used to.
    Check it out here.......
    http://www.victoryvape.com.au/colle...0-vv-vw-mod-temperature-control-2600-mah-grey

Thanks for the advice to both of you. :thumbup:

Gasman likes this.
  7. emu

emu Banned

With the way TC works I think it pulses while constantly analysing the temp so even if you have the watt's high it will override on temp and only use what it needs to keep the temperature right, that way it saves power.

Gasman likes this.
  8. emu

emu Banned

Hey Gasman you can call me meq or stupid or maniac or whatever you want mate. With the amount of typing we do abbreviation is good, I'm working out a way to voice to text on the forum so I'll let you know if I am successful.. :rofl::sillygrin:

Gasman likes this.
  9. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Again just my opinion but I bought the Istick 40 w TC first and was a bit underwhelmed with its performance.
    My idea was great just temperature to worry about in a format that I was familiar with but compared to the Sigelei it comes in a long way behind.

In a nutshell the Sigelei gave me what I was hoping for with TC the Istick did not.
    Of course that could be my mistakes but I have just used the Istick as a VW device since.

End of the day it's your choice and whatever you decide on good luck with it.

Important thing is enjoy the vape!

Cheers

DaveJ likes this.
  10. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

That's sounds technical. If I ever did that I'd probably end up bringing down a plane or something.
    I've only just learnt to type and that was hard enough!

DaveJ and emu like this.
  11. emu

emu Banned

Did you use the subtank mini on your istick or a different tank Gasman...??

12. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Same tank.
    Subtank mini with nickel coils.
    Totally different vaping experience in my opinion.
    I just found the Istick almost seemed to lack the power or something and found the vape underwhelming.

The best way I can describe it is when you put inadequate power to a " normal" coil and want to turn up the wattage to taste but no matter what I put the temperature up to it did not seem to work.

It has a middle button inbetween the up and down buttons which puts it into and out of TC mode and obviously the up and down as normal from there.

In VW it's fine but TC it just isn't for me.

I watched a couple of reviews on it before I bought it and it seemed ok so perhaps I have a lemon but for the money it cost and considering it's ok in VW mode I'm not complaining.

emu likes this.
  13. emu

emu Banned

I am talking now and the text is writing on the screen, I just had to hold down the right key to input voice to text on the keyboard. You bloody beauty no more typing

Gasman likes this.
  14. emu

emu Banned

Keep in mind that I am a tootle

Gasman likes this.
  15. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Ok didn't think of that.
    I still tootle a bit myself but admittably a lot less these days so that may explain it.

I generally use tootle as a stealth vape or when it's just easier for the form factor.

Anyway good luck with your choice and again as long as we're off the smokes whatever works for individuals is the important thing in my eyes.

emu likes this.
  16. emu

emu Banned

Yes mate being an ex smoker is a great achievement, I'm down to 7.5 mg nicotine base now and don't wake up in the morning running to get a nico rush any more.

Being a VG only user I really don't need big watt's to make big fog yet with your experience I will limit my purchase to one istick and make sure I'm happy with it.

Thanks again mate for the advice, I do appreciate your time and experience. I used to think the 20 watt istick with an emow tank was good so I know what you are trying to tell me.

17. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

:rofl::rofl:

emu likes this.
  18. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

The 75W TC may not have a pass through feature, but it has a pop through (follow for funny story) feature that is even better! (In that you can pop the battery out and replace it with a charged one..)

One of the things that scares me off mods is them having a built in battery. I expect my mods to last at least a couple of years, but would be looking to replace batteries after a couple of months use. When a mod has replaceable batteries that are simple to change, a pass through feature becomes a lot less important.

Noe, Dave C and emu like this.
  19. emu

emu Banned

Geez AndrewT all of my isticks are as good as the day I got em (2 year's oldest), so if you are only getting a few months I wanna know why...

20. Dave C

Dave C Member

My istick 50w isn't as good as it use to be, I get 2 days charge instead of 2 & a half, it's 9 months old so still not bad.
    But my istick 30w is as good as the day I got it, so I'm stumped.

emu likes this.