Suorin Air - The ultimate Stealth Vape?

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Pippi, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Ok - here we go as @iamTezr has requested I humiliate myself with another review that's really not a review.
    First off heres the device which comes in far more stylish packaging than the Icare Range or the My Jet - along with another info booklet that is once again next to useless and yet again you tube will be of more help.

[​IMG]

The Suorin is small and sleek pictured below beside a credit card.
    I love the feel of this little Vape - it is the most Stealth Vape I have held. It sits completely flat in a shirt pocket and I have found it useful to keep with me when out in the paddock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Suorin comes apart easily for filling of the tank which is also where the coil lives in a separate compartment and the filling is done by removing the little rubber stopper and just squirting the juice in. It is far easier than with the Icare or the My Jet. More about the coils later as its all a bit weird.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then there is the Drip tip - well actually like all these Pod devices there is no drip trip - so for scientific purposes- I will call it the Thingamewhatsit which you draw on for Nicotine delivery and to create whispers of Vapor.
    As you will see from the picture the Thingamewhatsit is located on one corner of the Suorin and this to me works far better than the Icare where you have to put the whole of the Thingamewhatsit in your mouth. With the Suorin you just tilt the device slightly and simply draw from one corner - it takes a few goes to get used to and more than once I have attempted to draw on the wrong corner but I have the hang of it now and the Thingamewhatsit is working beautifully. This corner system means it is very stealth as you can discreetly take a little puff without it appearing like you have a house brick in your mouth.

[​IMG]

Noe, laurie9300, Gabby and 3 others like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

The Suorin is a great little device and is definitely more user friendly for beginners than the Icare or the My Jet but I think its value is actually as a stealth vape and it leaves the others for dead in that department.
    It has a on off switch on its side and is then activated via drawing on the Thingamewhatsit.

It doesn't work with with high VG and will burn out the coil before you get a decent Vape so it cant run at any higher VG than 50 /50. I found that out the hard way and had to switch from my ADJ to Blacknote which is 50/50.

It has a nice subtle little crackle but doesn't hiss or spit - huge difference from the Icare.

It gives off a decent baby cloud for such a small battery but does seem to lose power as the battery weakens. The good news is that it charges super fast.

The draw is very tight and the instructions say the airflow is adjustable but I'll be buggered if I can find it and couldn't find any answers online either.
    In the meantime a hard draw is required for a seasoned Vaper but most likely perfect for a newbie.

And lastly my biggest concern is the coils as it appears the whole juice container/coil section is disposable.
    Ie when the coil is Kaput you toss that whole section and replace it with another. I cant find where to buy these yet but it concerns me greatly to add another piece of plastic to landfill when it could easily be avoided.
    I am hoping to be wrong about that but so far I cant find any info to contradict me.
    It would be the only thing that puts me off the Suorin which by the way is made in the iphone factory.
    All in all I give it four stars for Stealth and would have given it five apart from the coil situation.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Noe, laurie9300, Flea and 4 others like this.
  3. Gabby

Gabby Member

I think the name might be Suorin Air, Pippi (which is why I had some trouble googling it).

But thanks for a really useful p-review. I checked this out at HG who had the best info, and found a comment: "Attention: The updated version does not have airflow control switch. Airflow can get through the Micro USB port and on-off switch so that you will have better vaping experience.", whatever that last bit means.

Interestingly, the info at HG - heavily saturated with promo - is the best I could find on the web. Foxconn, the reputed manufacturer, doesn't mention it. (Although I found 'Foxconn suicides' on Wikipedia which presumably is unrelated but interesting.)

And you appear to be right that you replace the 'cartridge' rather than the coil. At about $4 it's not cheap, and like you I'm concerned about the pollution issues. (And the 'food miles' for my nic-juice.) Of course it depends on how long the coil lasts - I vape 70/30 or similar, so I can expect a fair run, I hope.

As a perpetual beginner, I'm attracted by the tight draw and stealth issues and think I might try one.

4. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Thanks Gabby - I have edited and corrected the spelling of Suorin.
    relieved to know there is no adjustable airflow as I was going slightly mad looking for it! They obliviously didn't update the instruction booklet but hopefully they will for new batch runs.
    I really like this device and so far I think I would keep using it - I agree and think the coils will last a long time with a non gunky juice.
    One warning, make sure to let the coil soak well before first use.
    Ps, good point about food miles for juice - I must make up some of my ADJ in a 50/50 mix :)

VV have the Suorin for just $25 which is pretty good.

Gabby likes this.
  5. Gabby

Gabby Member

Yup, + $8.50 PP but I done it anyway. Prob. have it before Friday which may be my next suck.

6. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

What does that mean?
    also I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the Suorin :)

7. Gabby

Gabby Member

Only that I'm a part-time vaper at the moment - I normally only vape when I'm out and about, and smoke at home. Hence the 'perpetual beginner' tag, and interest in stealth.

I'll certainly respond here when I've given in a burl.

Pippi and iamTezr like this.
  8. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Gabby there is nothing at all wrong with dual use whilst trying to give up smoking but if you need any extra support or help don't hesitate to pm me.
    I was one of the lucky ones and haven't had a Ciggie since the day I started vaping seriously (cant count my cigalike experience many years ago) but I do have friends that were and a few still are in the same situation as you.
    I promise I will never talk like a born again Vaper - as long as we don't touch on Provari ;)

Flea likes this.
  9. Gabby

Gabby Member

I've found that I can quite comfortably vape (and vape only) when at the pub or parties and also when fishing - I leave the smokes home. Which is wonderful, because it was the oversmoking in those activities which would tip my asthma over the edge, which doesn't happen now.
    Folks here have been great, full stop. Maybe one or two a bit twisted vape-wise (IMNSHO), but that's part of life.

Pippi likes this.
  10. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

:)

Gabby likes this.
  11. Gabby

Gabby Member

OK, I've got one now. First impression is one of amazement that it could possibly work. It's so small and light!

A few downsides:
    • It's a bit noisy for stealth in libraries (and yes, I have been known to vape in a library).
    • I like a tighter draw (I rate this about the same as my eGo AIO on full throttle). I tried putting a bit of duct tape over the vent at the bottom of the cartridge, but this screwed up the battery contact - which appears to be sensitive - and it didn't work.
    • I prefer a round tip.
    • No measure of juice level.
    • Almost totally useless manual (the HG description is much better).
    I'll give it a serious tryout later today and report back tomorrow.

DogMan, Pippi, Flea and 2 others like this.
  12. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Lol, Gabby mine is very close to silent and geez luv - you must like the draw incredibly tight - I can see why the Pockex wouldn't suit you if the Suorin is not tight enough as I find it a little too tight!
    The juice tank is transparent and easy to see when juice needs topping up. ;)
    and lastly did you see my pics of where the Drip tip is before you bought it?

Totally agree about the instructions and it is weird that most of these "beginner" vapes seem to come lacking good instructions.
    Thank goodness for You Tube. :)
    I am wondering if something like a Aspire K1 tank with a vision spinner might be good for your preferences or even a Nautilus Mini as the airflow can be restricted quite a lot.

DogMan and Gabby like this.
  13. Gabby

Gabby Member

Duhh! It's a see through!!! Makes it even cuter. Thanks, Pippi (I feel so stupid).
    I don't usually go to youtube reviews unless I'm desperate - can't stand the wanking.

And yes, I knew what it would be like but I hadn't felt it then. The strange shape of the mouthpiece makes it hard to compare.

On to road testing ...

DogMan, Flea and Pippi like this.
  14. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Lol, yes the mouth piece is strange but I did get used to it - give it a little time before deciding as it takes a bit of adapting.

DogMan likes this.
  15. Gabby

Gabby Member

Absolutely!

On a slightly different tack, my social director just saw it and said "Oh, that's nice!". She's a longtime now non-smoker/non-vaper and I found this interesting, because even the ego-styles earned not much more than a nod. I've mentioned before that I've noticed quite a negative attitude from civilians about vaping. I've felt it from myself before I was a vaper. And particularly towards the more complex box mods with the tank on top, where 'disgust' may not be an exaggeration.

So to some extent this drives my choice of a PV.

Admin, iamTezr and Pippi like this.
  16. Gabby

Gabby Member

OK, used it for about 7 hours yesterday and I quite like it, particularly the slim form and stealthiness. The 'crackling' I experienced earlier was probably a result of my playing with the flow, and it seems to have stabilised now - much quieter. After 7 hrs thr light was still blue, so it still had some power left.

It is a loose draw, Pippi. Are you sure you were sucking on the right corner? ;) It needs a good air flow to activate the switch and its power at 16W probably means subohming with a Li battery. I'd guess they removed the AFC because at its tightest setting it either didn't activate or burnt coils or both. As I said I found it similar to my eGo AIO for flow and taste.

BTW, I've decided the name for the Thingamewhatsit is the suckhole, because that's what it is.

Overall quite usable and amazingly small and unPV-like.

WARNING: If you like clouds and chain vaping, you'll run out of battery real fast with this one. I only vape for the nicotine, and at 18mg/ml, thin juice and only using MTL I reckon it's fine. In any case I normally have ready access to a charger (or power bank).

Judith and Admin like this.
  17. Gabby

Gabby Member

I just had a search for the replacement cartridge and only found 2 stockists. From HG each cartridge would cost $5+ with shipping I believe, which is a real dampener. I think I'll use mine until the coil burns out, then recheck the price and outlets.

Pippi likes this.
  18. Admin

Admin Senior Member

That's hilarious. :rofl:

You certainly have a way with words Gabby, and I'm enjoying following along with each new installment of your adventures. Initially I was hoping you'd quickly find a set up that suits you, but I just realised how entertaining you are when somewhat frustrated. If you found your perfect vape you might become too contented and have no reason to post anymore, so now I'm hoping you remain in the cursed realm of loose "suckholes" for a very long time.

Just kidding of course.
    :sillygrin:

p.s. I thought it was too loose a draw too. Nearly sucked my lips down my throat trying to get a decent hit from it.

Judith, iamTezr, DogMan and 3 others like this.
  19. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Ha - well I clearly have some issues regarding the suck hole as I have to give my lungs a work out to get a baby cloud.
    I am still liking it but vape time with it is limited as its spends most of its time lost - its so flat and small - very easy to lose in the chaos of my life.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    Judith, DogMan, Gabby and 2 others like this.
  20. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Chaos of your life or chaos of your handbag*?
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

*I went looking for car keys in my wife's handbag once:?:, I got lost in there for hours, it was like an Indiana Jones movie " Noe in the Handbag of Lost Keys". :confused:
    Eventually I found the holy relic I was searching for, only to find my wife had used the spare set & had already been to the shops & back, just like Indiana Jones I had been thwarted...

:rofl:

Judith, Gabby and Pippi like this.