Sweet & Simple

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Gabby, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Gabby

Gabby Member

As a beginner, I didn't realise that many of the more vocal posters here are those who like to fiddle with damn near anything relating to their vaping - juice, watts, coils, ohms, whatever. I've grown to realise after a couple of importune purchases that many of the vendors are also catering for these hobbyists, fiddlers and cloud-chasers.
    This is not a criticism of them or what they're doing - if they enjoy it why knock it - and I've had nothing but friendly and mostly useful advice here, some of it brilliant.
    However, my limited circle of vaping acquaintances don't go down this path and I suspect that a reasonable proportion of the rest of the world don't either, particularly among our older members (yes I'm old!).

What I'd like to see is a forum for simple vaping for those who don't want their life more complicated. Subjects are likely to include AIOs, MTL, etc.

Donna, margyb, Flea and 1 other person like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Hi Gabby, I am not a beginner but I do like my vaping to be pretty simple and I understand where you are coming from.
    The cafe does have the beginners thread and it helped me a lot, particularly with juice making.
    Some folks think because they love coil building and cloud chasing etc- that every else should too but I know they mean well when they go off topic.
    I do feel the tootle puffers are getting left behind in the ever evolving world of Vape technology and I am starting to think I need to stock pile my fav tanks and coils as I fear one day they wont be available.
    Anyway dont give up on the cafe -just start your own threads if you have questions and dont hesitate to tell folks if they are way off the mark with suggestions - no one will take offence :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    margyb, Dr Attila Danko, Noe and 5 others like this.
  3. Gabby

Gabby Member

Thanks Pippi. I've used the beginners' forums and really found them useful. But what I'd like to see is a forum where everyone understands it's about simple vaping, not fidding - no misunderstandings.
    Like you, I have some concerns about where the market's going, but I'm sure there will still be the simpler MTL products. After all, you can still buy desktop phones with big numbers - quite cheap too. (I needed this both for my eyes and my earpiece handset lifter:geek:.)

emu and Pippi like this.
  4. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Lol, I dont think it will ever happen - mostly because many beginners these days actually start on high watt mods with big cloud tanks or quickly move on to those devices.
    There are actually quite a few members here that do like to vape simply like us but not all of them contribute very often. :(
    Maybe we should start a thread called Tootle Puffers Anonymous :)

emu, Flea and Gabby like this.
  5. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Hi gabby.

Sorry if i am guilty of this :sorry:

We do have a number of sweet and simple vapers here, they mostly hang out in the political and off topic threads. I guess if you are the type to find a set up that works, and stick to it for years, then posting about hardware isn't going to be high on the priority list.

As pippi says, do tell us if we are hindering rather than helping, most will straighten up pretty quick when asked

emu and Pippi like this.
  6. Gabby

Gabby Member

Ahh, what's a tootle puffer? (As I used to say to folks who worked for me: Not knowing's not a sin. Not asking is stupid!)

emu, Flea and Pippi like this.
  7. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

"tootle puffers" encompasses rebuilders that vape high ohm, low watts, and diy liquid enthusiasts

emu likes this.
  8. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

under 20 watt vaper

Pippi likes this.
  9. Gabby

Gabby Member

Nah, not you, or anyone really. I've has a couple who've immediately jumped into the deep end, but as I said, virtually all the responses have been friendly and useful. Love it.

emu, Flea, Pippi and 1 other person like this.
  10. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Can you list, preferably in point form, what you want in/not in this room?

I'll workshop it with the empress.

But i must say, i gave up on posting in our "mechanical" forum because threads immediately go to people posting how they prefer high watt regulated, even after repeated slaps. Most people browse by the new posts link, and assume every thread is in general vaping discussion to go where ever the day takes it. So I highly doubt a separate room would help keep a thread on topic at all.

Pippi and Gabby like this.
  11. Gabby

Gabby Member

No, but it'll reduce the noise. I'll come up with some criteria - in a former life I was an ace specwriter.

emu, Pippi and DogMan like this.
  12. Gabby

Gabby Member

I should have researched it first. According to UrbanDictionary: Tootle Puffer - "An affectionate term for vapers generally using lower watt devices with atomizer resistance of 1.0ohm or above and who utilize the Mouth to Lung (MTL) style of vaping. The opposite of a cloudchaser."

That's me in one, particularly not including rebuilders or diy liquids (which I've done but would prefer not to).

emu, margyb, Pippi and 2 others like this.
  13. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

just for now, we do have the often neglected "ladies lounge" http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/forums/ladies-lounge.35/

sorry if attaching a gender to tootle puffing on stock coils offends anyone, but is usually how it rolls

that forum is a bit more strict with the noe's of the world going off topic in that way [luv ya guts panda, sorry]

there are lots of rebuilders who consider themselves tootle puffers, and diy hobbyists.

KISS is a more appropriate term [either "Keep It Simple, Streamlined" or "Keep It Simple Stupid" depending who you ask]

maybe a "KISS vapers club" thread in ladies lounge as a trial run to see if people can stay on topic, there are a few forums on our list with under 10 threads, for the same reasons mentioned

Pippi and Flea like this.
  14. Flea

Flea Senior Member

Great idea, but unisex please. :D

Pippi, DogMan and Gabby like this.
  15. Gabby

Gabby Member

I've never been in the Ladies Lounge, and never been invited. Putting it in the Ladies Lounge sounds like an attempted kill, as does starting with a thread (but what do I know?).
    KISS is a known acronym, but not so useful here I suspect. 'Simple Vaping' may be a better title. Maybe 'Simple Vaping (Tootlepuffers)'.

Criteria: A forum for those who don't want their life more complicated by rebuilding, watts, ohms, etc.

For members who mostly:
    • Use or want simple starter kits that don't need adjustments.
    • Use off the shelf coils and juices.
    • Use the mouth to lung (MTL) technique.
    • Are vaping only as a healthy alternative to smoking.
    • Or who may be beginners that want an easy and inexpensive start to vaping.

emu, Pippi and Flea like this.
  16. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Yes Ditto :)

emu, Flea and Gabby like this.
  17. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

I can guarantee it will not reduce noise, thread titles and first posts set the scene more than what room.

Most of our users navigate by "new posts" link http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/find-new/posts

Screenshot 2016-11-21 at 11.33.23 AM.png
    and pay zero attention to what area things are in.

keeping the forum simple is as important as keeping vaping simple

i think there are 4 threads total in "mechanical" which is it's own room, from memory, none of them made the end of the first page before people starting bashing mechs and preeching VW devices.

A "clearomizers" room is missing in browsing the list, maybe @Angela can hook that up

18. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Please what? Just start the thread. Put something like this:

[​IMG]

As the first post. If people post rba etc, ask them to stop. You can do this.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Gabby likes this.
  19. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Do fleas have unisex?

This brings up images of a flea trying to copulate with a unicorn... :confused:

:rofl:

Sorry for the off topic hilarity, back to your tootle discussion :)

Also I think the Beginners section is probably the appropriate place, just start a thread in there & call it Simple & Sweet devices :)

emu, Flea and DogMan like this.
  20. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

ejuice discussion belongs mostly in the Juice subforum http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/#juice.18
    If you can't find a thread there that fits what you want, start a new one, perhaps call it "Favorite Premixed eJuices".
    Start the Devices thread in Beginners subforum, as I suggested, then link to that ejuice thread in the OP (first post).
    The reason I say make 2 threads is to cut down confusion & have topics specific to what is needed, this cuts down off topic discussion &/or several discussions on multiple topics occuring at the same time, which gets messy.

DogMan likes this.