1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Tell me what you want in a portable vape pen case

Discussion in 'General Hardware Discussion' started by Captain Obvious, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New Member

I work quite a bit with composites and wood, and I'm considering designing some small, portable vaping cases. They won't be big enough to carry paraphenalia, just a couple of pens and ejuice. But I bet I can make much more stylish ones than currently exist!

I know it's a bit early in the game as I have even vaped once yet as I'm still waiting on my juice. But just trying to find cases online was enough to tempt me to try and make some of my own.

Thoughts?

2. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Vape pens don't get much love on forums. People enthusiastic enough to join forums usually use mods.

Leather cover types are popular with the kinds of mods I use.

[​IMG]

The current line of mods favour at least 2 x 18650 batteries. So carrying extra juice is probably the biggest thing for people. I just carry 2 mods in 2 pockets.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Flea and Maria like this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Ditto what Dogman said and there are gazillion vape cases on FastTech for pen vapes. You might have more luck making nice things for box mods. :)

Maria, emu and DogMan like this.
  4. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New Member

I've read that heat can affect/ alter juices in a negative way...what about an insulated storage unit for juice collections and extra tanks? I could make some pretty fancy ones pretty inexpensively.

Maria likes this.
  5. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

What about a large concentrate storage cabinet for DIY-ers. Something resembling a dart board cabinet, but modified to store all concentrates and mixing equipment.

Jaz, Maria and emu like this.
  6. subyXV

subyXV Member

Etsy/Pinterest has a plethora of mod/vape holders. Id love to make one for my wife and one that will hold her current Aspire K4 as well as what she's getting for Christmas. :)

emu likes this.
  7. Maria

Maria Senior Member

I still like my vape pen sorry guys but good news it's kept me smoke free. Anything glitzy for me I am a girly girl. Doing the mod cover's would have more demand as most people favor . Good Luck :) I have never checkout whats out there but love all the idea's I have read above. I am always loosing my pen so a necklace that look's good I would buy. But as I said I don't know what's out their. Research the best way to go see where their are gap's in the market. It's good your creative I don't have a creative bone in my body.

Pippi, Jaz and rupert like this.
  8. Malestorm21

Malestorm21 Banned

Looking at this article, as to portable vape devices, this is what I also am interested in. I like a device that does not roll around in the car or in my situation a mobile home. hence a vape pen is not ideal for me.
    A device that has a reasonable battery life and easy to charge without charging wires everywhere. In this respect I use a Vaporesso Target Pro. Sadly it also requires charging cables exterior the fact that it does not roll around in the mobile home appealed to me as was its size. I am not fond of vape pens for the reason stated they roll around to much. Recently I have seen a new device which has a charging cradle into which the vape is inserted as you drive. It is an Eleaf Icare Mini. I do not know if anyone has yet tried these. A lady that I met in a cafe in Ballina NSW had one and was happy to show me one. I am going to attempt to put a picture of it here and as this is my first attempt to insert a picture. Wow I did it!:thumbup:[​IMG]
    Now this device separates from the charging cradle. The cradle itself has an inbuilt battery which charges the vaper unit. The lady also showed me how she had it mounted in her 4WD. She put a strip of Velcro on the back of the cradle and had it attached to her dashboard and said that at night she takes the whole unit into her house and then charges it. Amazing I thought and when I asked what she paid for it was even more a pleasant surprise $35 Australian. She gave me the website where she purchased it from alas they are out of stock.:taptap: Fine, I sent the vendor an email, hopefully I am told they will arrive by the end of next week. I am considering this unit.

I most certainly would like to read what others think of this device.

Maria, subyXV, margyb and 1 other person like this.
  9. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

margyb, Noe and RC. like this.
  10. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

margyb, Malestorm21 and RC. like this.
  11. Malestorm21

Malestorm21 Banned

12. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Given the choice between the Icare (or mini) & the Aspire Pockex, I'd choose the Pockex, it wins hands down.
    You could similarly add a piece of velcro to the back side of the battery & mount it on a dashboard (make sure the soft fluffy side in on the battery & the hooks on the dashboard for comfort) perhaps between or beside the air vents, its small & light & is unlikely to fall but if it does it's not likely to cause any major problem.
    Best of all, the flavor from the Pockex is outstandanding compared to the Icare & it holds twice as much juice.

[​IMG]

Jaz, Malestorm21 and margyb like this.
  13. Angela

Angela ...

Could've sworn you've been around forums for years. Posting like a pro. Have we met before, by any chance? :winky:

Malestorm21, Noe and Pippi like this.
  14. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

I ordered one of these yesterday after all the raving
    I saw Rita ( Dr Danko's sister) with one and she loved it

Jaz, Pippi and Noe like this.
  15. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Margy, what color did you get?
    I think you will really love the Pockex, it's such a nice vape, MTL or restricted DL.

This is currently the #1 device to recommend to newbies IMO, with the Joye AIO in #2. Depending on the vaper's situation, the AIO may be better for them, if they have kids since the AIO has a child lock on the top cap & that would be the main reason someone may choose the AIO over the Pockex I think.

The Icare/Icare mini is slighly better for a stealth vape device, it is smaller but not by much compared to the Pockex but the vape quality from the Icare lags sadly behind the AIO & the AIO vape quality is not as good as it is from the Pockex.

Pippi and margyb like this.
  16. Angela

Angela ...

Moved to General Vaping Discussion. :)

Pippi, margyb and DogMan like this.
  17. Malestorm21

Malestorm21 Banned

Don't think I have had the pleasure, but I have been taking lessons. Hello Angela.

18. Malestorm21

Malestorm21 Banned

Oh I forgot to mention that I was on Vapers Down Under Forum, for a little while that forum was even more difficult to understand than this one. My next door fellow camper is a forum addict and he spent some time with me showing me how to post on your type of software as to compared to the other forum. Perhaps we have met there? I kind of like to remember the ladies I meet, but please do not tell the wife. LOL.

margyb likes this.
  19. Malestorm21

Malestorm21 Banned

I do not think I have seen these in use, thank you for your advice, the only reason I was interested in the other unit was that I saw it in operation and did not, as I said require additional charging cables in a vehicle. When you have a mobile phone cradle and a GPS in a vehicle it becomes like a spiders web if you have to add more charging cables. Likewise being rectangular and flat-ish it would not be prone to as much rolling around.

20. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

I ordered Rose Gold (loved the colour)
    I will be interested to see how it compares to the AIO and icare mini and yes I am looking at risks with all of them ( just because I have an OH&S diploma)
    @Noe if a child kept their finger depressed on the fire button what would happen? are there safety cut outs for this type of thing on the AIO and Pockex? :)

Noe and Pippi like this.