1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Temp vs flavour

Discussion in 'Juice Chat' started by vapeman88, Oct 18, 2016.

1. vapeman88

vapeman88 New Member

Has anyone else noticed how temp effects flavour? I only have a sub vod ATM so adjust temp with airflow to a degree and I was just vaping some maple syrup juice with full airflow and had no flavour. I then restricted airflow to 1/3 open and the flavour was much more pronounced. I can't wait for my releaux 75 and smok alien to arrive to be able to play with temps.

emu likes this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Butler

that is not so much temp as airflow

a smaller chamber with a smaller hole is widel regarded as best for flavour, often with coils over 1 ohm

it also depends on the flavour, while a tart citrus may excell on a tight draw [mtl or mouth to lung] kit, you may find custards peak on airier direct lung sub ohm kits

temperature control adds another level

Noe, Pippi, vapeman88 and 1 other person like this.
  3. emu

emu Banned

A small bore drip tip helps with flavour, must be the the mist getting forced and concentrated into a small space imo :)

Noe, vapeman88 and DogMan like this.
  4. vapeman88

vapeman88 New Member

Interesting, thanks dogman I can't wait to have temp control and also the many other options that come with the screen equiped mods.

emu likes this.
  5. emu

emu Banned

It's worth the wait, Thats all I use these days with Stainless Steel wire, better battery life and better control

vapeman88 likes this.
  6. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

i have found that if you up the volts it will burn some juice flavors i tend to adjust my watts to suit the juice ,i am not doing anything outrageous really low wattages at the moment one is 8.5 hate that burnt taste

emu likes this.
  7. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Temp Control, does not affect flavor.
    Temperature is dependant on wattage, higher wattage = higher temperature.
    High temp often sacrifices flavor, to produce bigger clouds.
    IME, a warm vape is more flavorful than a hot vape or a cool vape, getting the wattage right for the juice you are using, with a particular coil/tank is just as important for flavor as airflow, if you want the best flavor possible.

vapeman88 and Pippi like this.
  8. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Personally I think temp control is a fad - I have several mods with temp control but always set them to normal mode. But I am not a cloud chaser :bolt:

rupert and emu like this.
  9. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

It's not just a fad, it has some uses particularly for when using a dripping atomiser, less so in tanks but most vapers just want a simple fill & go (tank) device, so for most Temp Control is not needed.

vapeman88 and Pippi like this.
  10. emu

emu Banned

Good thing about Temp control is you can up the watts for quick ramp up which in turn glows the coil fully instead of having hot spots and you still retain control of the temp reaching your mouth.
    If you have ever pulled a premade coil apart when it's expired and you have been using wattage mode you may notice the gunk build up on mainly 2 or 3 loops of the coil but TC is more evenly spread over the entire cotton.

11. Steve H

Steve H Member

I am sitting here using a Wismec RX 75 with a TFV8 Baby Beast filled With Jam Dizzle vaping at 45watts and the flavour is awesome !

emu likes this.