The complete beginner's guide to mixing your own e-liquid

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Old Grump, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Here is another good movie for beginner's info mixing your own e-juice.

2. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Except it is mixing by weight.

Noe likes this.
  3. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

I also mix by weight, and it works for me. I did post a conversion for gram to mls somewhere lol. I have digital scales which adjust to close to specific density /weight of PG/VG. I use the same specific density as for milk. as I said in another post I bought my scales from KMART and the brand is ACU RITE they are excellent and I did not have to pay freight from FT or Heavens Vapes etc.,:sillygrin::sillygrin::sillygrin:

rupert likes this.
  4. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Ooh! Might have to have a look at kmart on my way past doing shopping next:hmmm:
    Scales where on my fasttech list for next order but if i can get some here thats a bonus!

Old Grump and subyXV like this.
  5. subyXV

subyXV Member

You city folk are lucky. My closest kmart is close to 2hrs from me. Lol
    The joys rural living. :)

DogMan likes this.
  6. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

But don't different concentrates, PG/VG and nic all have different specific gravity (density)? </rhetorical>

Old Grump likes this.
  7. RC.

RC. Senior Member

The numbers I use are.
    100mg/ml Nic with PG.....1.035 gm/ml
    PG......................................1.038
    VG......................................1.26
    Water /Alc..........................1
    Flavours..............................1.

Concentrates have slightly varying weights but all hover somewhere around 1 so it is pretty close to use this number

and all mixes will be consistent once established.

I use grams mostly, and syringes for tiny amounts.

rupert likes this.
  8. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Very true depending on the quantity you are mixing the difference would be negligible, I recomend mixing in say a 30ml quantity and then adjust the flavour.
    It would also depend on the pg/vg or the concentrate comes in. There are a lot of variables.

rupert likes this.
  9. laurie9300

laurie9300 Armature Boy

I mix by weight also, no problems here. As others have said, as long as your consistent, it's all good.

I am by no means an expert mixer, and a can appreciate all sides, and I have never tried any other method.........but.......

Surely there is some inaccuracy in drops, and counting drops. There also has to be some inaccuracy in syringes, can you really draw up EXACTLY the same amount everytime?

Plus........anyone who can taste the difference in flavour from 0.05mls of concentrate, is a far better taster than I am.

I have screwed up a couple of times, and added an extra couple of drops, I couldn't notice the difference, but that's just me.....

.......each to their own.....

DogMan and Old Grump like this.
  10. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

@Wanda I have been mixing by weight for years on good digital kitchen scales bugger FT and their shipping WHENEVER. Maybe now Slowtech will realise that there other markets in the Asia Pacific region and not just the wealthy USA. Now that the FDA rules have hit.

11. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Yep next time i go to the shop i will be giong on a scale hunt for sure, ive gotten sick of mixing im ml and all the mess i make with it

I have to say it the market has gotten verry competitive here with overseas market my ego AOI kit was $26 and my new tank $16 + shipping now thats fasttech prices, in my back yard! - having to fork out for converting aus to us $.
    still took a week to get to me, aus post have dropped the ball even more now its unbelievable!
    But from now on will do local hunt befor i out sorce any more :thumbup:

Old Grump likes this.
  12. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

@Wanda yep. I give up with Ay regular post. I pay a bit more and go for express. At least you got decent tracking. I must give FT credit where credit is due. One order left the next day. Got to AU by EMS in 4 days. Cleared Customs in 1 day. Sat in Sydney for over a week. Apart from the US mail service I would say AU post comes in 2nd Worst. For developed countries.

Moving foward tobacco free World!

13. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Got to add im a lazy mixer, and fiddling with syringes is doing my head in as i make my juices direct to the bottle, i cant be bothered with transfering juice from container to bottle, i can see this is going to cut mix time in half again,:thumbup:
    ive got to say ive really only mucked up 2 times just becouse i mixed a new flavor at to higher % and like my mixes a little milder then the norm i think

Old Grump likes this.
  14. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

[​IMG]

I use this baby for mixing in on my scales it weighs in @ 41g it is graduated in 100 ml divisions. It's a nice squeeze bottle and so easy to fill other bottles or tanks.

subyXV and Wanda like this.
  15. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

No that was express post i payed for, and was registered as express post, but it still takes on avarage 5-7 days to get to me now well im just going to go with regular from now on i think will see how long it takes for order from go vape to get here it was sent a day after with regular post it will be interesting to see if it arrives here to day or tomorrow that will only be 1-2 days later than express post
    Yea fasttech are good once it gets out the door, usualy 3 days to get to aus then a week to get to me

Old Grump likes this.
  16. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Heck were you live in the middle of the Simpson desert?

17. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

I lived for 4 years in Hickville in Tas. No post to the door. 20 km from LPO and even then express post to village LPO was only 2 days

18. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

No only a 1h and 1h20m in heavy trafic from perth CBD, from the air port looking at bout 1h,
    there just super slack at getting stuff to me i think, on average my packs will arive in my suburb post depo and it will take3- 6 hours to drive it to my house 3 streets away just one EG:

Last order tracking number recived monday 5th package arived 2:30 Sydney depo
    Next tracking up date monday 12th with driver 7:18 mandurah WA
    Thrown at my door 10:00 while i was at home
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Old Grump likes this.
  19. subyXV

subyXV Member

You think thats bad. The item i purchased for my wife on fleabay is being shippped by PBI. They haven't even updated there tracking system, yet the seller claims its been shipped.
    Its not until post event that i find out that PBI is woeful with delivery etc. Ive emailed the seller twice and no response as yet. In my second email i told him/her that of my parcel hasnt arrived by this Friday i will be putting in for a refund from paypal. I also mentioned that the lack of email reply is pathetic customer service.
    This person won't be getting a good rating from me

Old Grump likes this.
  20. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

It's crap when stuff like this happens!
    Might be a good idear to cancel and get a refund if it hasn't arrived in a good amount of time and they won't talk to you, it could potentially go on for months!
    It happend to me buying juce from the states they ignored my calls,emails, and pm's only sending the odd one now and again saying it was sent, then when i threaten to report them to there fair consumer department they sent a email saying its not sent and they didn't have a full address, which they did, on there site and sent to them menny times through email
    I just went to the bank and did a fund return for undelivered goods, took 5min
    And now i never order from place's people on here haven't ordered from

subyXV and Old Grump like this.